• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

PvP/Faction Sigil gets stuck on stronghold monolith

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Faction town sigil gets stuck on stronghold monolith if a faction thief replaces it on the stronghold monolith after corruption. Attempts to steal the sigil give this error, "You cannot steal your own sigil" even though the sigil is already corrupted.
Faction Sigil Glitch.jpg

How to reproduce:
1. Steal a town sigil and place on corresponding faction stronghold monolith until corrupted.
2. Steal corrupted sigil.
3. Place back on corresponding STRONGHOLD monolith

A quick search on google revealed that the code for faction sigil stealing may contain the following line: if ( sig.IsBeingCorrupted && sig.LastMonolith.Faction == faction ) Which means if the sigil is being corrupted by your faction and it's located on your faction's monolith, you will receive the above error regardless of its corrupted status. To fix, the code should first look at whether or not the sigil is corrupted by your faction. If that is true, then it should check for such errors as stealing skill, incognito, disguise kit, quitting the faction, etc.

Misk

UO QA Lead
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Faction town sigil gets stuck on stronghold monolith if a faction thief replaces it on the stronghold monolith after corruption.
I have been unable to reproduce the problem on our internal test centers and I will be happy to investigate if you can provide the specific shard in which this occurred?

Please keep in mind that the bit of code that you provided is not code from UO and we do not support RunUO.

LowdownandShifty

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The issue occurred on Chessy while attempting to take control of the city of Britain. My character is in the TB faction.
Thanks for looking into this, and I hope this info helps!