• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Sigil colored items

K

knobtown

I am thinking of re-subscribing to Ultima Online. When I was playing years and years ago, I had a sigil colored spellbook. During those days they were a bannable offense to possess. Is this still the case? If it is not, are they rare now?

Thanks

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd say there are certain levels of rarity to sigil items. Not in the unique event item way surely, but levels of rarity all the same. The color itself can be almost reproduced with a dye tub and the new dyes have a shade of purple that is very close but not quite. It all depends on the item really. An example would be a sigil lantern that I own that is double blessed.

- [Treasure Trove] Mall & Museum [Atlantic]

A

AshMoney

The only items that can be created by the sigil dye tubs, is cloth, and if you have a neon leather tub, then leather as well. But any wep, metal armor, lanterns, etc.. are still true sigil items.

And slickjack, how are they not rare?? There is absolutely no way to obtain them anymore...So does that not make them rare?

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The only items that can be created by the sigil dye tubs, is cloth, and if you have a neon leather tub, then leather as well. But any wep, metal armor, lanterns, etc.. are still true sigil items.

And slickjack, how are they not rare?? There is absolutely no way to obtain them anymore...So does that not make them rare?
The lanterns and torches are still rare. Armor, weapons, and spellbooks, clothing can be dyed sigil with the bright purple natural dyes or dye tubs making those items not rare.

A

AshMoney

The lanterns and torches are still rare. Armor, weapons, and spellbooks, clothing can be dyed sigil with the bright purple natural dyes or dye tubs making those items not rare.
Lol...:lol:

When will people finally learn that the natural dye is NOT THE SAME COLOR AS SIGIL!!!!! Someone earlier in the thread already said that its not the same color...

And PLEASE show me where this magical sigil dye tub is that dyes metal armor, weps, and spellbooks!!!! :thumbsup:

With a name like Rare Collector, i thought u would've slightly had an idea what you're talking about...:coco:

A

AshMoney

I'd say there are certain levels of rarity to sigil items. Not in the unique event item way surely, but levels of rarity all the same. The color itself can be almost reproduced with a dye tub and the new dyes have a shade of purple that is very close but not quite. It all depends on the item really. An example would be a sigil lantern that I own that is double blessed.

- [Treasure Trove] Mall & Museum [Atlantic]
If you would be interested in selling this lantern...i would be VERY interested in buying! I will pay well! PM me if you're interested

K

knobtown

Thank you all very much for responding to my question. I went ahead and re-activated my account and man o man it is great to be back in the mix and how things have changed!

Anyway, it is a sigil spellbook. I guess you can dye it to closely resemble the item. If there is any chance of selling it to a rare collector in my shard, what is a ballpark price I should look for?

One more question, I also have a "bow of water dissipation", "bow of summer wind" and tons of item identification wands/staffs are those rare?

Thanks a lot for all your patience.

Y

Yen Sid

Not to hijack the thread (sorry OP) but I have ~40 Sigil collored weapons that I got from an IDOC. I assume they are true Sigil because they were found in an IDOC that didn't have any natural dyes or anything remotely close to the time frame of when the dyes came out. The most recent thing in the IDOC was Spring Cleaning items. So anyway, just looking for an approximate value on the collection, crafted by a few different people and a lot of them are Valorite Kryss' and the like. Thanks.

A

AshMoney

Sigil spellbook is right around a mil.

Any weps can range from 500k-2m.

Armor is usually 1-3m, unless its got a rare title, then more.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you're on Baja or low pop shard divide those prices by 5.