• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege's "Papua Papers" Revealed! (1 year of auction results)

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Going through his dispatches from the Minoc situation, Calavera found a curious packet labeled "Papua Mint". Opening it revealed a wealth of financial information about the funding streams of Siege's most powerful and prosperous elite. I post it here for the Kingdom's perusal:

One Year of Monthly Auction Results, Summarized:

From June 2015 until May 2016, a total of 568 items were listed at the monthly GIL auction (a 95% capacity rate, not bad!)

Over these 12 months, an impressive 1,409,559,000 gold changed hands at auction. 1.4 BILLION in SIEGE GOLD!

Of the 568 items, only 32 items (6%) sold for more than 10 million gold. Only 87 items (15%) sold for 5 million or more gold. So the HUGE majority of sales at auction are less than 5 million gold.

The top five most expensive items that have sold at auction in the last 12 months are:

A Castle, purchased by Cassandra, October 2015, for a price of 120 million gold.

A Smuggler's Edge, purchased by Arctic Fox, April 2016, for a price of 21 million gold.

A Magical Lockbox, purchased by Becca, October 2015, for a price of 18 million gold.

Glacial Lady Mel Hair Dye, purchased by Igg, August 2015, for a price of 18 million gold.

A Castle Mini-House Deed, purchased by Ari, for a price of 16 million gold.

Individual buyer information:

Commission bids accounted for 150,790,000 gold (11%) over the year.

The top five buyers (Cassandra, Sarah, Arctic Fox, Becca, and Igg) spent 471,665,000 gold combined. That is OVER ONE-THIRD of all gold spent at auction for the year!

The top 15 purchasers are:

1. Cassandra, 120,575,000
2. Sarah, 99,300,000
3. Arctic Fox, 94,990,000
4. Becca, 79,300,000
5. Igg, 77,500,000
6. Malloc, 66,860,000
7. Kelmo, 48,200,000
8. dyno, 47,450,000
9. Static, 40,900,000
10. Sara Dale, 34,250,000
11. Morgan Ironfist, 31,950,000
12. Troop, 29,950,000
13. Mr. Sinister, 29,420,000
14. Ari, 29,305,000
15. Synbad, 27,470,000

This data does not combine individual toons to the same owner. So Hugi (13,400,000) and Bo (8,000,000) are treated separately. This is because the full range of linked alternate accounts is not known to me. Since I am not sure if Malloc is also Boolean or Static, I suspect he would easily push Igg out of the number five spot since Igg only purchases on the one account. Similarly, Cassandra is almost certainly not a regular player but instead a well-known player who has used either a name change token or transitioned gold over to an unknown account. Cassandra has only participated in one auction (October 2015). That character may very well represent a consortium of players for all I know.

One other note, no character played by me has ever won an auction item. Igg purchased an item for me using a commission bid, unknown to me, which I bid against for several million gold. So what should have been a 6 or 7 million item ended up selling for 9 or 10. Thus my auctioning days ended ignominiously.

Over the past year, the following ten items have been listed the most frequently:

Mana phasing orbs, 18x
+25 stat scroll, 9x
Heritage token, 7x
Your choice of vet reward, 7x
Tome of Lost Knowledge, 6x
Exodus +5 stat scroll, 5x
legacy token, 4x
mining cart, 4x
sheep statue, 4x
small banana tree, 4x

The data presented here almost certainly suffers from human error, but should be generally accurate. Now someone tell me who Cassandra is! Also, I have the top buyers through 38 places but got tired of listing them. The 38th place is Boolean, with 5 million gold spent.

Hope you all found this interesting!

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be interested in seeing the top 38 places if ya get a chance.

I love the auctions but i never go there expecting to get a great deal - just to buy an item i want.

Does the top 38 places contain commission bids?

Silent Singer

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'd be interested in seeing the top 38 places if ya get a chance.

I love the auctions but i never go there expecting to get a great deal - just to buy an item i want.

Does the top 38 places contain commission bids?
AJ I am not getting these yup today, sorry. Things have been rough so it may be a few days. Did you have a particular user you wanted to know about? SirAJ came in 35th place with 7,489,000 spent.