• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege

Idico

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a vent: This shard is as close to dead as possible. Please don't say that me saying that will make it worse. I really wanted to return and have fun and play with a small community (because that is what it WAS).....it really feels TINY now. It is sad and I hate that it has come to this. I really hope it gets better, but I now feel that it will get nothing but worse. What a bummer....... I had great memories here!

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is exactly as those who stuck around want it. It is flourishing and if you say other wise, Siege is better off without you.

At least that's the impression I've been getting from the server since I returned.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It's not just Siege, it's the whole game. Pretty much every shard in the game is dead, or almost dead at this point except Atlantic and maybe GL. I am from Atlantic, and have seen the population drop dramatically even there. When I stopped actively playing a few months ago I knew probably about 75 active players and saw them everywhere almost daily. Now when I log in I see maybe, 2 people I recognize per day unless I specefically ask them to meet me through ICQ.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is life on Atl and GL and even Pacific at the right time of day. It seems to me though that UO has painted itself into a corner with the custom housing. There is no way to merge the servers now.

Siege has been bleed slowly to servers that shall not be named with those who wanted a server that didn't continually suffer from trickle down mechanics from the prodo shards.

And a lot more to other games that offer more interaction and pvp even if the latter is confined to an arena.

I am not sure why people have become so complacent with the way things are now. But it seems to be the status quo.

The hiding/stealth bs doesn't hold water anymore. In three months I've only stealthed a couple of times for VvV. I have roamed "towns" such as Gil and Safe Haven and I find nobody at home. Not even crafting in their homes. In three months as both VvV and perma grey I have yet to be attacked.

There are many of us who returned. Before, during and after RtB. Give us a reason to stay. What is so exciting that makes you believe that the server is flourishing? Show us. Cause despite the back alley mugging of $14/month by today's standard that we are willing to pay, we are looking for a reason to stay.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is exactly as those who stuck around want it. It is flourishing and if you say other wise, Siege is better off without you.
I am not sure why people have become so complacent with the way things are now. But it seems to be the status quo.
Just curious where these generalized comments come from, not sure of anyone who shares that sentiment.

So many come back, similar to you and are active for a month or two and leave out of frustration. So the population never really grows. It is a shame, but I see this same thing happen over and over and just the names are different. Just some examples - some months back we had Rumpy and a few months later we had Cheapsuit and Wulf returning and where are any of them now. So today we have Spyderbite and Rico and from the looks of their posts, I don't expect to see much longer, either. Would be great if I am wrong... And I know there are many more names and it is just a terrible cycle but no one rides it out long enough and so we just dwindle as the hardcore regulars eventually subside as well.

So no, I can't show you anything that shows a flourishing server, but if you choose to leave, it is just another step further away from bringing Siege back to glory days.

So start a new trend and stay...please :)

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am planning on returning just sooooo busy at work.

Nobody on siege really knew me, I was the guy asking for armor every ten minutes.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This shard COULD thrive if the devs would give the people who come here [both old and new players] what they are looking for! Or at least some sort of modified version of it. We didn't sign up for what this shard has become. We signed up for what it was set up to be. It's what new Siege players come here looking for and are sorely disappointed with what they find. Older players come back to give it a chance again, only to find the situation on Siege even more dire than when they left.

The Siege we have now isn't even a shadow of what it once was. The only way this shard will thrive again is for the devs to focus on us for a while, make some serious changes and let the hamster run prodo for 6 months or so. Siege type players and the original Siege play style could be their niche and their saving grace. The devs are just too blind to see it and are catering too heavily the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I did log on to Siege today did a hour of trick or treating.players hardly bank sit so if your waiting to see players at the bank you got a long wait. Need to go find them
@Dodger
what do you call a frog that's illegally parked ?
toad

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What the **** did you just say to me?!?

Uo siege wedding?

ApollyonSP

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
The best thing the devs can do, and would benefit everybody in the long run, is consolidate shards, and force many players onto Siege Perilous.

Also we should open up account transfers to Siege Perilous, with a dollar cost, but a one-way ticket.

We should make siege the future of the rest of the game.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I am trying to come back to UO, but RL keeps me so busy. When I'm here, though, I try to liven up General Chat :p

For what it's worth, I plan to start recruiting from prodo shards again, and also break out my x-sharding to Siege merchants. Not sure what shop I will open on Siege... prolly plants again but in a different manner so the fees don't eat me alive.

I wish UO had a population count that listed the number online per server at any given moment... just out of curiosity. Forums can do it, I bet UO could too if they wanted.

Igg A Pie

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I posted this awhile back. maybe the devs will read this and at least consider some of the ideas:

if you want to attract more players to siege maybe the devs should look into something that would make something unique on to siege(and mugan). I am just thowing out examples hear so don't read into it to much:
*how bout an expansion to add a basement to your house(we could have extra storage bump or just extra living space)
*pet dye tubs or unique colored dye tub hues(glacial or neon xmas box colors)
*add "NEW" pvp moded arties
*increase the drop rate on CURRENT arties so they are more abundant esp doom arties that way it can be replaced with alittle more ease. lets face it, alot of this stuff sits on display or in a chest because people don't want to loose it because they are so hard to get. increase the drop, people would farm more to build suits around it, or more go on vendors to sell because these item become more common, no faction players would then be able to at lest compete with arti faction gear(at least for the time being) pvpers would have to go check hunting spots more often..... I think its a win win. heck we could even tie the drop rate to the population count.
*make some server birth rares craftable
*make other spaws like prime evil lich where the deco is specific to that particular location and is spawned with the advancement of the candle count. example: COD would have lootable deco that can only be taken form COD, Tortoise would have deco that is lootable specific to tortoise
I guess my point is that if we want an increase in the population make this shard especially unique. with something that cant be done on prodo shards. look, for all intensive purposes, UO is dying! its lost something for the old timers and has nothing to offer for new kids on he block. we got to get out of the mindset of doing the same ol thing and workn with the same ol ideas. times have change and so should we!someone once told me long ago, "if you do what you have always do, you will get what you always got". push for new fresh ideas! lets gimic the shard alittle so that certain things can only be done here and NOWHERE else.

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just curious where these generalized comments come from, not sure of anyone who shares that sentiment.

So many come back, similar to you and are active for a month or two and leave out of frustration. So the population never really grows. It is a shame, but I see this same thing happen over and over and just the names are different. Just some examples - some months back we had Rumpy and a few months later we had Cheapsuit and Wulf returning and where are any of them now. So today we have Spyderbite and Rico and from the looks of their posts, I don't expect to see much longer, either. Would be great if I am wrong... And I know there are many more names and it is just a terrible cycle but no one rides it out long enough and so we just dwindle as the hardcore regulars eventually subside as well.

So no, I can't show you anything that shows a flourishing server, but if you choose to leave, it is just another step further away from bringing Siege back to glory days.

So start a new trend and stay...please :)
You were always a decent player and not the kind to tell ppl to just shove off we are better without you....somethings never change the decent ppl always are..just like ppl who think they are better than others always have that glorified view of themselves.

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'm not sure what you expect, OP.... I play Siege daily and always find lots of friends and things to do... :confused:
I think he misses the glory days 99-2002 ....but then those that were here would if you never knew what it was like to log on and find brit completely jam packed with ppl..even at 7 am in the morning ,you would not get it.

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he misses the glory days 99-2002 ....but then those that were here would if you never knew what it was like to log on and find brit completely jam packed with ppl..even at 7 am in the morning ,you would not get it.
I've been playing daily since '98, so I do remember those early days quite well... Those days are indeed gone, but there's much left and plenty of people to enjoy it with... If you take the time to look.
If it's crowds at the bank you need, then Atlantic is perfect for you....

Thegirlyouloved2hate

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I've been playing daily since '98, so I do remember those early days quite well... Those days are indeed gone, but there's much left and plenty of people to enjoy it with... If you take the time to look.
If it's crowds at the bank you need, then Atlantic is perfect for you....
Sorry, I could not tolerate lands with any Trammel ...there are other Pastures that do remind me of SP Glory days...I just really stopped by to see how my once Beloved home has flourished.
Cherish Firekiss