• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege RoT mentioned in today's FoF!

G

<blockquote><hr>

"Can we ever get the RoT system adjusted/removed/looked at on Siege?"

(For non-Siege players, the RoT - Rate over Time - system is a method of limiting how fast players can gain skill on Siege-ruleset shards.)

This is something that has long been requested, and is definitely something we'd like to look at. I checked with the various Lords and Ladies of the Schedule, and it looks like we're not going to have time to get any changes in for the next publish, but I will continue to to bring it up for a publish after that. In the meantime, if you have specific opinions about the RoT system, send me feedback!

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

M

Midnight Rambler

I don't know, I am actually encouraged by this. I thought it would be a major accomplishment just to get this into this weeks FoF, which proves that this is a subject that is not going away. As we all know, change is extremely slow in this game of any sort, and we are looking for effective change, words that I haven't used for uo in a long time. All I can say is, we should all try to come up with some gain rates and timer solutions that we feel will be most effective in making this shard enjoyable to new players as well as older ones. At least they appear to be welcoming our opinions this time, which actually might cause me to renew my account for another month.

G

I found it encouraging as well...and people really should use the feedback form on the website, as they do actually seem to go through it and save it. They may never act on it, but at least we get heard.

To even have a hope in getting some attention to RoT as early as 2 publishes out is more than we had before.

-Skylark

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

"Can we ever get the RoT system adjusted/removed/looked at on Siege?"

(For non-Siege players, the RoT - Rate over Time - system is a method of limiting how fast players can gain skill on Siege-ruleset shards.)

This is something that has long been requested, and is definitely something we'd like to look at. I checked with the various Lords and Ladies of the Schedule, and it looks like we're not going to have time to get any changes in for the next publish, but I will continue to to bring it up for a publish after that. In the meantime, if you have specific opinions about the RoT system, send me feedback!

[/ QUOTE ]

-Skylark

[/ QUOTE ]

since their move they have made more attempts at adding content making little fixes and actually listening to the players, all and all sounds like good news to me.

I try to remain optomistic even though they have taken years for things they said were top priorities... Hopefully we get it tweaked

G

Agreed, but today Iam praising the UO gods that we even got a response. I was in doubt after the lack of input on the uo hall threads

A

Azural Kane

The fact this is mentioned in the FoF is GREAT news!!!!!!
All rejoice!

G

what im actually worried about more is that 5 on friday only has 4 questions in it

:O

G

<blockquote><hr>

what im actually worried about more is that 5 on friday only has 4 questions in it

:O

[/ QUOTE ]

That is an eye for detail.

G

"if you have specific opinions about the RoT system"

Well thats a good response, lets get a thread goin about what should be done with ROT we really need to come to some consensus on how it needs to be changed.

A

Azural Kane

A majority consensus on this issue is definitely needed ASAP. Poll?

G

There was a very nice poll some time ago. I believe it was posted on Siege and Uhall. I have learned there will never be a consensus.

N

Nico-SP

As of right now ill take any ROT changes thanat it is now lets just hope it isn't another PBD issue that was promised for 2 years...

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

since their move they have made more attempts at adding content making little fixes and actually listening to the players, all and all sounds like good news to me.

I try to remain optomistic even though they have taken years for things they said were top priorities... Hopefully we get it tweaked

[/ QUOTE ]

/agree

G

Not to seem negative, but I keep getting the same response regarding the collector's quest...

"We don't have the time right now, but we WILL look at it in the next publish or two."

The last I heard was that it was a little more complicated than expected, but they were going to do something about it "in the next publish or two".

*sighs*

I'm getting old(er) and jaded.

*hunts around for jade statue maker*

M

Midnight Rambler

Everyone who has played this game for more than a year is jaded, that kinda thing just cant be avoided. I am one of the most jaded at all when it comes to uo but I think we find ourselves in interesting times. Siege, as vacant as we seem to be, stands alone for a much needed beacan of change because of what we seen to represent.

The Siege community must come together and formulate a consensus on how we want ROT to be changed. Forget extra houses and shard transfers, as they will probably not ever be a viable option. If we can create a system that makes sense for older players and new people alike, we can really increase the population here and make things enjoyable for all. Lets get some ideas rolling, argue the hell outta em, and get to some sort of consensus.

G

I think that SP should think about if people could be alowed to transfer to SP,
but only naked and whit 1 item that you can have as blessed item.
The other about rot would be to make it much faster to gain skills up to 70.
If you got 70 in skills you can start to get a income and do well in most aspects, but pvp.