• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous

S

Skwiz

We have new rot changes / Alacrity scrolls to completely finish your char in almost no time..

Get your prodo Asses over here!

Loot who you kill.. Steal from anyone you want.. Take over farming locations.. Run the market in Crafting by killing anyone you can find who is collecting mats.. Make a living off of killing people, suply yourself with the loot of others!

No longer wait to do that peerless.. Do it as much as you want.. No longer take turns on Farming.. Kill anyone in your way.

Kill everyone and give nothing back!! Loot them dry and use what you find useful.

Quit using the excuse of "It takes too long to finish a char" With these new changes i believe its 16 Days to 70-120 A Skill.. and with an alacrity scroll less than half of that.

Show us your Pvp Skills prodo people.. Or more like.. Show us what you lack.. in pvp skills. PvP is completely different when you cannot rely on what you have blessed.. Though its very possible to run super suits on siege perilous.. You just gotta be a soild pvper to do so.. But dont cry when you die and lose it.

:gun::sad3:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been using the new RoT to train a number of my accounts. It's a nice change. I'd like to see the daily total increased a bit more, but for now...it seems like a good correction...la

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noticed an increase in the number of people playing Siege since the changes?

If I ever finish remodeling our house and get my home computers hooked up again I am debating playing Siege more full time. Would be nice to log on and see more people playing there.

^Wolfie^

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am NOT bashing SP, but did you REALLY feel the need to start a thread almost identical to the one already up about SP?

Keep trying to "cram" SP down players' throats, and players' will get a bad taste for it and hardly want to actually give it a try.

S

Skwiz

I am NOT bashing SP, but did you REALLY feel the need to start a thread almost identical to the one already up about SP?

Keep trying to "cram" SP down players' throats, and players' will get a bad taste for it and hardly want to actually give it a try.
Helping siege grow is a players duty.. If we need to post the hell out of it, so be it. One huge difference between siege and Prodo is.. Our community.. I will gladly do everything in my power to help siege become an even better and more populated shard.. If this means we need to continue to remind people the wonders of siege.. We *Will* do so..

Come on over.. Siege Perilous~! You all play UO for some reason.. I myself have quit a lot.. and Ive come back everytime.. even more so.. Ive come back to siege everytime.. If it wernt for Siege Perilous.. I can assure you.. I would not be on Ultima Online.

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My clan quit siege years ago. Blessed rewards and wither spam..... Great.
Is it any better now? Still spending hours looking for a fight?

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rewards lost their blessed status. Each player is given one "Siege bless" to use as they wish. In regards to population...you can find fights, but right now it seems most of the fighting takes place near the guard zones or from the porches of guild houses...kinda sad...la

hen

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds ****e, but good to hear blessed bunny ears and ember leggings were nullified.

D

D'Amavir

We have new rot changes / Alacrity scrolls to completely finish your char in almost no time..

Get your prodo Asses over here!

Loot who you kill.. Steal from anyone you want.. Take over farming locations.. Run the market in Crafting by killing anyone you can find who is collecting mats.. Make a living off of killing people, suply yourself with the loot of others!

No longer wait to do that peerless.. Do it as much as you want.. No longer take turns on Farming.. Kill anyone in your way.

Kill everyone and give nothing back!! Loot them dry and use what you find useful.

Quit using the excuse of "It takes too long to finish a char" With these new changes i believe its 16 Days to 70-120 A Skill.. and with an alacrity scroll less than half of that.

Show us your Pvp Skills prodo people.. Or more like.. Show us what you lack.. in pvp skills. PvP is completely different when you cannot rely on what you have blessed.. Though its very possible to run super suits on siege perilous.. You just gotta be a soild pvper to do so.. But dont cry when you die and lose it.

:gun::sad3:
Are you still limited to one character instead of the 5-7 that everyone else gets? I believe so. Sadly, Siege still isn't it.

I get that you like your shard,but there are more reasons that just 'RoT' that keeps people away. Good luck in building it up though. I hope it grows a lot and people there enjoy it.

D

D'Amavir

The rewards lost their blessed status. Each player is given one "Siege bless" to use as they wish. In regards to population...you can find fights, but right now it seems most of the fighting takes place near the guard zones or from the porches of guild houses...kinda sad...la
Sounds like the same problem that real shards have. Most of the prod shard pvp happens around moongates with house hiding being a major complaint still.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds like the same problem that real shards have. Most of the prod shard pvp happens around moongates with house hiding being a major complaint still.
I was away all weekend so I dunno what happened during that time... but late last week, 7 of us were fighting 20-30 players outside luna, with no houses. It was freaking great.

Our luna PvP is much like Yew Moongate on most shards... people go there for quick, easy and cheap thrills...

What we have that other shards DONT have... is that fights can break out anywhere.

Can any of you PvPers say that you've raided a party doing doom and walked away with an Artifact? Can any of you say you've had huge multi-guild wars on the plains of spirituality (Pixies = Guardzone for the scardie blues) and can anyone say they've fought in the city of Luna or Umbra?

Siege is really picking up and I can't wait till the newbs are ready to jump in on the fun.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Are you still limited to one character instead of the 5-7 that everyone else gets? I believe so. Sadly, Siege still isn't it.
Thats one of the reasons its a good shard. No mules, and personal acountability.

D

D'Amavir

Thats one of the reasons its a good shard. No mules, and personal acountability.
Personal accountability? So you can tell on Siege who someone is on different accounts based on one of their characters? I wasn't aware. People can have just as many alts on Siege as they can anywhere else. They just have to pay for more accounts to do it. And those alts can be a secret as they want.

As for mules, I wouldn't call wanting to play a thief sometimes, a mage sometimes and a warrior sometimes as being a 'mule'. Its more about having variety, which is one of the main flaws with Siege.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personal accountability? So you can tell on Siege who someone is on different accounts based on one of their characters? I wasn't aware. People can have just as many alts on Siege as they can anywhere else. They just have to pay for more accounts to do it. And those alts can be a secret as they want.
Less people are willing to pay for extra accounts, and if they do its usualy just one more, so you generally know who is who. If you played the shard you would know that. We generally know who is who, how they behave, and how to deal with them accordingly. On a prodo shard a person could have 30 characters... theres no way to keep track of that.

As for mules, I wouldn't call wanting to play a thief sometimes, a mage sometimes and a warrior sometimes as being a 'mule'. Its more about having variety, which is one of the main flaws with Siege.
Yeah neither would I. How you read that into what I said I have no idea. I was just saying that we don't have mules, and as such crafters are important.

Wh

D

D'Amavir

Less people are willing to pay for extra accounts, and if they do its usualy just one more, so you generally know who is who. If you played the shard you would know that. We generally know who is who, how they behave, and how to deal with them accordingly. On a prodo shard a person could have 30 characters... theres no way to keep track of that.

Yeah neither would I. How you read that into what I said I have no idea. I was just saying that we don't have mules, and as such crafters are important.

Wh
Its easy to know who is who when there are only 5 players on the whole shard. I would imagine that if you guys ever got your wish and people actually started playing there, that would no longer be the case. As always, its great that you love your shard, flaws and all. Just as long as you are ok when people remind others of those flaws so they won't go into anything half cocked. Its always better for people to know the truth about a situation than just the idealized version that people try to use to boost it up.

And you might think you don't have mules. But that doesn't change the fact that Siege is very limited in what you can play. That is pretty much an undeniable fact regardless of how many people come here and try to sell it as anything other than what it is.

S

Slopp

I get that you like your shard,but there are more reasons that just 'RoT' that keeps people away. Good luck in building it up though. I hope it grows a lot and people there enjoy it.
and that is the reason why I don't play on siege. I love playing the many templates available in this game.

and no I am not going to open another account just to have one extra character.

now if they allowed at least 2 char per account, then maybe I would consider playing siege. but I doubt it'll happen.

S

Skwiz

Just FYI for all the "Only one char" people.. Soul Stones do exist ya know.. I personally have about 3 Different templates on my mages account via Soul Stones.. A Friend of mine has 36 Soul Stones with Almost every skill you could think of trained up.. On ONE ACCOUNT.. So.. Its not like you can only play one temp because you only have one char.. after all.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its easy to know who is who when there are only 5 players on the whole shard. I would imagine that if you guys ever got your wish and people actually started playing there, that would no longer be the case. As always, its great that you love your shard, flaws and all. Just as long as you are ok when people remind others of those flaws so they won't go into anything half cocked. Its always better for people to know the truth about a situation than just the idealized version that people try to use to boost it up.

And you might think you don't have mules. But that doesn't change the fact that Siege is very limited in what you can play. That is pretty much an undeniable fact regardless of how many people come here and try to sell it as anything other than what it is.
I find it odd that your opinions, those of a non siege player (I assume) are noted as "flaws" while mine are attempts to "sell" the shard. I don't deny your wish to play many templates is a valid reason not to play, it is, but so is my statement that the character restriction and the good things that come from it are some of MY reasons TO play.

Your insistence that my contentions are just false or some sort of trick to get people to play siege are simply unfounded.
I have played the shard as my main shard for the majority of the time since it opened, and from my personal experience and the experiences of many others I know on the shard holds my statements to be completely reasonable. I never tried to deny that there is only one slot, and obviously that limits what you can do, but rather expressed the view that it wasn't ALL bad, and in fact has a lot of good elements to it.

Its a simple as that, I wasn't trying to snow anyone into playing the shard. Sure I would like more players on siege, but that goes without saying. I think all shards want more players, but I don't want people who don't want to play here, so what would be the point in trying to trick people? There is none.

As for mules, yes they exist, but in vastly smaller numbers, and unlike pretty much any other shard there are people who do nothing buy craft gm wares, and make a very nice living doing so.

D

D'Amavir

I find it odd that your opinions, those of a non siege player (I assume) are noted as "flaws" while mine are attempts to "sell" the shard. I don't deny your wish to play many templates is a valid reason not to play, it is, but so is my statement that the character restriction and the good things that come from it are some of MY reasons TO play.
Exactly.Which is why I support your right to share your opinions on the subject and I use my right to do the same. What you see as benefits of the shard, I see as flaws.

Your insistence that my contentions are just false or some sort of trick to get people to play siege are simply unfounded.
I have played the shard as my main shard for the majority of the time since it opened, and from my personal experience and the experiences of many others I know on the shard holds my statements to be completely reasonable. I never tried to deny that there is only one slot, and obviously that limits what you can do, but rather expressed the view that it wasn't ALL bad, and in fact has a lot of good elements to it.
I never said anything about a trick. I said that there are flaws in Siege beyond RoT, which still isn't very good in my opinion. The one character limit is one of those flaws and that doesn't seem to be changing much in the future. Wish I was wrong though.

Like i said several times, I am all for siege players wanting to boost their numbers since its so dead there. But I just think that people should be aware of all sides of the issue instead of just the rah rah side that Siege players use.

Good luck with building your shard up. Hopefully EA will see fit to make changes to it that will help it draw more players instead of keeping them away.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have noticed alot of prodo shard PvPers are complaining about insurance and want to get rid of trammal. Why not come to a shard that has none of that crap. SP is the closest u will get to old school UO. It is a lot of fun.
BTW, the way the vote is going it looks like SP will have 2 char slots instead of just one:) also ROT is fixed it no longer takes for ever to make a char. Factions is also very active here. You can kill anyone and everyone and loot everything, alot of raids and alot of action in luna! :thumbsup:

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I have noticed alot of prodo shard PvPers are complaining about insurance and want to get rid of trammal. Why not come to a shard that has none of that crap. SP is the closest u will get to old school UO. It is a lot of fun.
BTW, the way the vote is going it looks like SP will have 2 char slots instead of just one:) also ROT is fixed it no longer takes for ever to make a char. Factions is also very active here. You can kill anyone and everyone and loot everything, alot of raids and alot of action in luna! :thumbsup:
You forgot these...:cheerleader:
*winks*

S

Skwiz

Just FYI for all the "Only one char" people.. Soul Stones do exist ya know.. I personally have about 3 Different templates on my mages account via Soul Stones.. A Friend of mine has 36 Soul Stones with Almost every skill you could think of trained up.. On ONE ACCOUNT.. So.. Its not like you can only play one temp because you only have one char.. after all.
hmm

Exactly.Which is why I support your right to share your opinions on the subject and I use my right to do the same. What you see as benefits of the shard, I see as flaws.

I never said anything about a trick. I said that there are flaws in Siege beyond RoT, which still isn't very good in my opinion. The one character limit is one of those flaws and that doesn't seem to be changing much in the future. Wish I was wrong though.

Like i said several times, I am all for siege players wanting to boost their numbers since its so dead there. But I just think that people should be aware of all sides of the issue instead of just the rah rah side that Siege players use.

Good luck with building your shard up. Hopefully EA will see fit to make changes to it that will help it draw more players instead of keeping them away.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
They hand out 7 soulstones on Siege now? I was not aware. Like I said, my time there has been limited since I don't like a lot about it.
Thanks for your input. *smiles*

D

D'Amavir

Thanks for your input. *smiles*
You are welcome. I would thank you for yours but....well, you know.

So, any answer about the soulstones? Is it a valid option for most folks to be able to have enough soulstones to swap entire templates on Siege? Something like that would be helpful for us non Siege players to know consideringhow many 'Come to Siege' threads are allowed to pop up everyday.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You are welcome. I would thank you for yours but....well, you know.

So, any answer about the soulstones? Is it a valid option for most folks to be able to have enough soulstones to swap entire templates on Siege? Something like that would be helpful for us non Siege players to know consideringhow many 'Come to Siege' threads are allowed to pop up everyday.
Sure it is. Either though vet rewards, gold, or Mythics shop. Soul stones are available. You knew this though.

D

D'Amavir

Sure it is. Either though vet rewards, gold, or Mythics shop. Soul stones are available. You knew this though.
Ahh. So you would have to go out and buy a bunch of stones with real money or wait for years to get enough Vet Rewards to claim enough of them to swap your template around as the other poster mentioned.

That's a shame. I would love for Siege to be made better so that more people would play there. I would jump over in a heartbeat if the flaws weren't there.

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes...

I have 10ish soul stones on my mage? I can swap out multiple mage templates if I want to... its a very valid option for any who wish to go that route.

I'm also pretty sure that we will be getting a 2nd character slot with SA...

I also don't agree with you on parts of your opinion. Don't feel like starting a discussion about it... so I'll leave it at just that.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may think that, but its not quite true. We know each other on Siege. We can spot a new name/character/player a mile away and in those cases, its only a matter of time before we get to know who you are, what guild you belong to, your playstyle or find out that you're just a new alt of an existing player. There is a lot to be said for a tight community.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a shame. I would love for Siege to be made better so that more people would play there. I would jump over in a heartbeat if the flaws weren't there.
But then it wouldnt be seige. So whats the point. :p

I mean whatever, if they add a second character it won't ruin the shard, because I think most people would just make another combat related temp. I'm a purist in that respect I guess. I like the one character idea, and if you want another so badly, pay for it.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh. So you would have to go out and buy a bunch of stones with real money or wait for years to get enough Vet Rewards to claim enough of them to swap your template around as the other poster mentioned.

After reading this, plus another post that you made regarding soulstones, are you suggesting that new players should be given soulstones on Siege? *confused*

M

Mitzlplik_SP

I`ve played SP for a lil over a week now and I must say,the difference in community is obvious.I`ve had so many peaple ask me if I needed help and offered gold,guild and items.So far I`ve refused any help as I truely wanna do it the hard way,even if it means shearin my own sheep for bandaids,lol.So far I have yet to be pk`d,the one red that I thought would make me eat dirt........... instead talked to me and walked away after asking me questions like I mentioned above.

I know I`ll lose my bone armor sooner or later and maybe some bandaids,all part of the game and part of the excitement I miss from the days of old.I look forward to the challenge of making my mark on SP,especially with my crafter since they are much more useful than just your run of the mill bod runner on other shards.A very welcome change in so many ways.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I`ve played SP for a lil over a week now and I must say,the difference in community is obvious.I`ve had so many peaple ask me if I needed help and offered gold,guild and items.So far I`ve refused any help as I truely wanna do it the hard way,even if it means shearin my own sheep for bandaids,lol.So far I have yet to be pk`d,the one red that I thought would make me eat dirt........... instead talked to me and walked away after asking me questions like I mentioned above.

I know I`ll lose my bone armor sooner or later and maybe some bandaids,all part of the game and part of the excitement I miss from the days of old.I look forward to the challenge of making my mark on SP,especially with my crafter since they are much more useful than just your run of the mill bod runner on other shards.A very welcome change in so many ways.
Welcome, Mitzlplik.. It's nice to see players with your attitude! I'm sure you'll fit right in. :)

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So far I`ve refused any help as I truely wanna do it the hard way,even if it means shearin my own sheep for bandaids,lol.

I know how you feel. I refused any help when I started there too.

You'll get there eventually, and the journey will be more rewarding than the destination.

**Once you can kill mummies, that's another good way to get band aids**