• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege Perilous – Dark Beginnings

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Siege Event Friday 5th May, 5 pm Eastern Time,

To: May 05, 2017 05:00 pm CT

Friday 5th May, 5 pm Eastern Time, 10 pm British Summer Time, 6 am Japan Standard Time!

Siege Perilous – Dark Beginnings
May 5 @ 10:00 pm - 11:00 pm BST

Friday 5th May, 5 pm Eastern Time, 10 pm British Summer Time, 6 am Japan Standard Time!

Smoke wafted up from the chimney of the perfectly normal small cottage, and perfectly normal clothing hung on the washing line outside, flapping in the breeze. Everything about the cottage, even down to the neat flowerbeds adorned with jauntily painted wooden goblins, was perfectly normal. Which was just the way he wanted it. After all, appearances were everything, and he couldn’t have people suspecting that the freedom of all Britannia was slowly taking shape within, could he?

He put aside the perfectly measured bowl of cake mix that he’d been working on and pressed a small groove on the dust-free fireplace. A spiral staircase was revealed as the rug swiveled away to the left of him, leading down into the private cavern below.

As he descended, and the rug flowed back into place, the spell of perfect normalcy that protected his sanctum thrummed quietly, keeping his secrets safe, and the neighbors jealous of his perfectly manicured lawn.

Pulling a shadowy hood about his face, he stepped from the staircase and took a neatly penned scroll from the clockwork scribe that worked tirelessly on the information that his network of spies brought him. The edge of his mouth twitched slightly – almost a smile – as he read the names of those who had already sworn allegiance to the cause. All was going according to plan.

Blackthorn would never know what hit him.

You are citizens of Siege Perilous, but you will never bow before King Blackthorn. Today could be the day everything starts to change for you, in a big way. You heard talk of a shadowy figure, calling dissenters to rise up and take the land for themselves, to be under Blackthorn’s thumb no more. Think about it: No more guards. No one keeping you from taking everything you deserve. No one to tell you “you can’t do that”. No one.

Come and gather in a secluded place, far from the prying eyes of the King’s lackeys and pampered sheep, as we begin to plan a new Britannia – one where we set the rules!

What you need to know

• Gates will be provided from the usual locations.
  • There will be a reminder in general chat about an hour before the event.
  • Keep an eye on the town criers for basic details.
  • This is a role play event. There may be some PvP if any Blackthorn-loving lackeys turn up.
  • A general outline of how this group will work will be provided.
  • This is your chance to offer your ideas, and have your say in how this will run.
  • The “good guys” are welcome to try to spy on the event – if they dare.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Really wanted to attend this one....but again, REALLY bad time....hope everyone has fun!

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes !!!! Another 4pm central event , I can't wait to miss this one too ! Gosh I hope bellies aren't too full of dinner, coffee, tea..kids asleep..end of the day chores done..fully relaxed...and ready for some UO unbiased start time events...

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Yes !!!! Another 4pm central event , I can't wait to miss this one too ! Gosh I hope bellies aren't too full of dinner, coffee, tea..kids asleep..end of the day chores done..fully relaxed...and ready for some UO unbiased start time events...
Ya I know the feeling, my grandson will be getting off the bus 25 minutes before this and it's always our time to catch up on the day's events at school get him a snack, if the wife is not feeling too good then it is up me to fix dinner etc.. So I am not sure I will make it either. Have fun folks.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ya I know the feeling, my grandson will be getting off the bus 25 minutes before this and it's always our time to catch up on the day's events at school get him a snack, if the wife is not feeling too good then it is up me to fix dinner etc.. So I am not sure I will make it either. Have fun folks.
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you post this stuff for others to know about, i will never appreciate this time frame, and the argument that it's the EMs time zone or whatever, will never sit right with me or anyone else unafraid to be vocal about it ;-)

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate that you post this stuff for others to know about, i will never appreciate this time frame, and the argument that it's the EMs time zone or whatever, will never sit right with me or anyone else unafraid to be vocal about it ;-)
As has been argued millions of times across the internet for decades; there is never going to be a perfect time for everybody. Time zones are only one facet of the problem. Nobody has the same work schedule. For years, there was never a weekend or holiday that I didn't have to work for example. If online games were localized only to states or counties or provinces it would certainly be easier to schedule such things for everyone. However, "everyone" would be probably less the 10 people in the most populated areas.

Anyways, not defending either side of the argument. Just reminding people that no matter what time an event is planned for.. some people will not be able to attend.

Barbarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Is this location being kept secret for now? I cant make the start but would love to come along to join in with anything that's still going on later.

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
There will be EM gates in several places. The gates stay up for hours, so you should be able to join the event late. However, if the event moves on from that initial first step, it is unlikely that anyone will say anything in GC. I would, because I have been left out before and it sucks, but I respect the wishes of the majority in this matter.

Try to make arrangements ahead of time for a friend/guildmate to come get you once you make it in game.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
By now it all over with and I missed the fun, anyone that was there I hope you took a few screen shots

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Just got home and dinner made for my son...nuff said. I'm kind of glad I wasn't able to make it, I might have stolen some of the fun from the 3 people that were in attandance. And Im not making fun or light of it, but if 3 people are all that were there, wth does that tell you ?

Last edited: