• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SIEGE EVENT STATUS

• Thread starter IPlayUOTOOMuCH
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

How are we liking the event at Moonglow on Siege? I've been there but personally haven't seen too many Siege ppl participating. Why is that and what is your take on the event.

Here's what I've gathered so far:

Think you can stop me? Give it a try? Nobody can stop me! I'm a machine!

I

imported_Soul'Ess

<blockquote><hr>

worthless crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be too hasty.

It all has trade-in value.

Now if the trade-in stuff are piles of poop then ya, def crapolla.

G

What is the event going on exactly?
Have not really heard anything on it yet.

G

<blockquote><hr>

PKS are ****s . Im avoiding it now !

[/ QUOTE ]

X2 I can't get in the door without getting a grey screen, I hope "you" have had fun though,

on a side note I have collected quite a few trinkets on atlantic (not like those guys are cooperating they are forced to)

G

For obvious reasons I'm not taking part in the event on Siege.

However on Europa my stealth char is very busily leading berserkers around by casting mirror images, which they will follow, till they meet up with dark wisps or fallen warriors. Perhaps the same tactic could be of some use here?

G

good idea, ty. I'll have to get
ninjitsu off stone and try it out .
But i do know a few peeps that
are making off with tons of loot
off red body's !!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

PKS are mO fO'S . Im avoiding it now !

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't beat 'em? Join 'em.

G

When IS this trade in business supposed to start, anyway?

*kicks large crate of orphidian debris*

G

see that is what i get for being away 3 year.... what the hell is the trade inÉ like the trash cleaning brit we had 8 years ago?

G

The event is pathetic, anyone that cares about trade ins is missing the point, - the event should be fun, it isnt, they've just made some monster spawn in an instance, you could have gone to a dungeon for that. They've put zero effort into it nad i'm really suprised more people anret complaining about it

G

Monsters are too strong and in to small a space to solo very well, and since no one is going anymore I haven't bothered going back.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It all has trade-in value.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't count on a trade in too much. They said it would be "useful" not that there would be a trade in.

I

imported_Soul'Ess

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Uvtha: "I wouldn't count on a trade in too much. They said it would be "useful" not that there would be a trade in."

[/ QUOTE ]

* Collectable items that “seem” to have only decorative purpose will have a turn-in, along with the Ophidian items, in Publish 52.

[/ QUOTE ]

Blackrock Detector Event Schedule - Last Line

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

The event is pathetic, anyone that cares about trade ins is missing the point,

[/ QUOTE ]What if collecting the trade in items brings me fun? What if executing the trade-in and getting a reward is my goal? There are different types of players- just because you can't have fun doesn't mean others are not. Some people get all their fun just exploring, others from building stuff, some from killing spawn and collecting items. I personally have a lot of fun killing the spawn.

<blockquote><hr>

- the event should be fun, it isnt, they've just made some monster spawn in an instance, you could have gone to a dungeon for that.

[/ QUOTE ]Please point me to the dungeon that spawns these creatures and drop these items? I am very interested.

<blockquote><hr>

They've put zero effort into it nad i'm really suprised more people anret complaining about it

[/ QUOTE ]Alternatively- I am having a blast, and I am surprised more people are not getting annoyed by all of the whiners.

G

<blockquote><hr>

For obvious reasons I'm not taking part in the event on Siege.

However on Europa my stealth char is very busily leading berserkers around by casting mirror images, which they will follow, till they meet up with dark wisps or fallen warriors. Perhaps the same tactic could be of some use here?

[/ QUOTE ]
-------------
I do not have the chrs. here to participate although I will no doubt drag my one stealthin ninja to the event here *IF* I get time to do so.

I have owned a home by the barracks on Moonglow Chesapeake on 4th acct. usually for mos. just prior to Springfestival held there past 5 yrs. or so.

Anyhow I kept that property off and on on one acct of another cuz my 4th acct. is also my Hughes here whom oft holds a Siege home. Anyhow on ches that property originally was a vendor home yrs ago, then the solen ant resurrection center etc. and is always Moonglow Springfestival home for sash give aways. So with this event every potion, bandage, petals, etc. etc. are selling like crazy from that lil house on Moonglow.
Every invasion or whatever hell they have put upon Moonglow over the years has always been *good for business* making for busy game days restocking, so players can heal up, if nothing else.

So I never mind events, they are always good for *business* if one has vendors on any shards in this game; especially the homes closest to the UO events, from hell.

But true to form, the very first thing to attack me in this Moonglow alternative universe Moonglow event were of course the DARK WISPS. I jokingly told em off told them 'do not exterminate me there', cuz I get enough off of them HERE on Siege.
I took an archer to go explore with first. She was toasted, ganked by dark wisps and them funky winged fallen angel dudes.
OoOOOo &amp; Laggggggggggggggggggggg !

Usually they over do the spawn too much like ya feel ya have no real impact, lucky I get to participate at all on my slow connection speed. I was surprised I did not loose connection nor crash at all considering the *flashing light and transforming ALL of us to the alternate Moonglow simultaneously and on Ches. it was very crowded with lots of peeps, and some idiots full of their super dragons flappin their wings stuck and all in our way. That many players alone, in so few tiles, toss in all the spawn, I am still amazed I didn't crash on....dial up ! haha

Event co ordinators whomevers they MOVED them winged dragons and super dragons too many players had there, to some degree so we all could SEE.
So that surprised me /all of us, some follks just rude with their pets around game masters dev. teams and events. They're lucky they were not put in UO tamer/ pet prisons with the way some of em acted just before, &amp; as it went live.

G

I'm also having a blast. I've gathered about a dozen of the paragon chests, about 35 shields/swords, and 3 threads.

I've also been able to find targets to pk for the first time in months!

G

I've also been able to find targets to pk for the first time in months!

**laughs**

I was wondering about how hiding was working in this event cuz it seemed my own chr. over there, even when she hid, some how always was being unhidden, and I was so lagged up at times no clue if the monsters were *revealing* or the event runners.
I laughed and thought to myself oh i can see this WORKING better if that the case on SIEGE. haha NO more hiding if the event is poofing us to be shown. . ie targets SEEN !

While I was moving slowly, I could NOT even tell what kept unhiding me when my chr. hid but yes I thought oh this be entertaining on SIEGE ! HAHA

G

man I wish I could participate in this event. I play at off hours and I cant seem to find anyone to go there with to help kep my sorry ass alive. Are necro fencers even worth taking in there? or would a pally archer be better?

G

GO !!

Don't worry about keeping your arse alive cuz it WON'T be kept alive the spawn can be mega...you will DIE ! But go just to SEE it one way or another here or whatever shard ya may have the spiffier fighting chr. or mages or tamers but GO and expect to BE a corpse.
Still ya should get in there to SEE it somewhere, and before it is over with.

G

Oh i have been and i surmise that I have probabally died to both goron and newt. got killed several times on the first day, actually lost count at 20, then came back couple of days later and died 3 time in 10 minutes to reds. LoL now i am poor again from replacing armor etc... thus the need for a partner or two

G

O rly?

What's your char's name?

I was trying to get Red yesterday, but he's slippery. Tried to get Malgrim yesterday, but he's pretty able to fight a naked fencer. Wanted to find James, but he just kept tracking and revealing me. I think I got Suffering Pain once tho.

Fun regardless.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

man I wish I could participate in this event. I play at off hours and I cant seem to find anyone to go there with to help kep my sorry ass alive. Are necro fencers even worth taking in there? or would a pally archer be better?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'd hope your guild would be willing to go with you...
or...
Not in a guild?
Stonehaven.forumarena.com

I

IPlayUOTOOMuCH

I was really expecting to see more guild turnout, more like we had at the Mag event. Yeah the Mag event was better, but if we kill enough of the spawn in Moonglow, that will trigger the damon berzerkers, who drop cursed arties and will kill the other spawn. Which would be nice.

M

Midnight Rambler

I think the reason mag saw a better turn out (aside from the cursed arti drops) was because it was a better area to fight. You could run all over the island and fight creatures that weren't completely overwhelming. There was pking going on, heavily during some hours, but you could avoid it if you wanted to most of the time. Here in glow, the minute you walk through the gate you get attacked by some stealthers and there really isn't any fun in that. As well as the fact that unless you are a tamer, or in certain situations an archer, you can't kill anything aside from the wisps.

I had fun during the first night there when we all were getting whipped and had to come together to take out some of the spawn. Although the next couple times I went back it just turned into the usual gank fest, which I think most of us probably expected from the beginning.