• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Siege and the Blessed Items

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
More for the Devs less for the lady trolls here.
Why are there more blessed items showing up on siege everyday?
We currently have blessed event spell books, (these are the books with good mods like fc2 high dci and sdi) which give a great advantage to those who have them. And now you added a blessing to the despicable quiver and unforgiven veil?
Why do you allow this? Siege players are paying customers too!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More for the Devs less for the lady trolls here.
Why are there more blessed items showing up on siege everyday?
We currently have blessed event spell books, (these are the books with good mods like fc2 high dci and sdi) which give a great advantage to those who have them. And now you added a blessing to the despicable quiver and unforgiven veil?
Why do you allow this? Siege players are paying customers too!
When did the quiver start being blessed? Gotta be a bug. Agree on the books though.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a few older unforgiven veil and just looked at it and it is now blessed

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
More bleed through code from the prodo patches.

It amazes me every day that they even remember to turn Siege back on after daily maintenance.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree, they shouldn´t be blessed on Siege.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be interesting if they pulled the AoS properties, because you are right, it would become "the" classic shard or at least as close to it as we might get. That being said, I understand that people probably roll their eyes when they see me or other thieves suggest the removal of blessing because of the good it would do for our profession.

That being said, I'm glad it was Hugi that made the suggestion...la

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It would be interesting if they pulled the AoS properties, because you are right, it would become "the" classic shard or at least as close to it as we might get. That being said, I understand that people probably roll their eyes when they see me or other thieves suggest the removal of blessing because of the good it would do for our profession.

That being said, I'm glad it was Hugi that made the suggestion...la
At very least, nothing equipable with properties should be blessed. I think most siege player agree with that.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
This spellbooks had been blessed for so long, without anyone crying. Now where archers and gargs get a blessed item too, someone decided to ask for unblessing.
I do agree, non of this items with mods should be blessed but unblessing them now will mean someone paid a lot for something that now will take a mega drop in value. I see the arrow/bolts should drop on corpse but else I don't see a big issue with this items other than a warrior are left out unless he use a quiver.
I got one of this quivers as gift, I was surprises, it was blessed and my thought was I will enjoy it until it get unblessed again. I do have a blessed spellbook on Tina Tink with mods, found it in a IDOC but as she never PvP, she would do fine without.
I don't know if I'm considered one of the lady trolls.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sweet Bosus, when Bo said lady trolls Bo was referring to the people that usually pop in these siege threads and tell us its not worht the devs time.
Bo is sexy not sexist btw.
As far as people might lose some gold cause they got a blessed book that shouldnt have been blessed in the first place. Well isnt that the chance they took? If you play siege you should hvae realized these shouldnt have been blessed from the start.
It should be all or nothing. Now the Bo has no problem with them saying fine all. Bo has been known in the past to be a supporter of some form of INSURANCE for siege. Truly it would be easier for everyone playing. Y'all wouldnt have to resuit when you die, and bo wouldnt have to resell your crap when the Bo confiscates its. It would really simplify the process. And most people could finally wear the stuff they have been hording for years.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I really don't mind some items being blessed, spellbooks, including player crafted, talisman and other stuff you can't use to deal damage.
I do not like Insurance at all. I would like it to be easier to put a suit together.
If you did not have to count resist to get 5x70 and you lose your hat, you just need to buy a hat with same mods or at least close to that you need, maybe LRC, LMC and MR, MI, or what you would like. That would help a lot as a lost hat would not ruin the whole suit.
I don't think the items, that is blessed now, do a big damage but as I do not PvP a lot, I may be wrong.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I really don't mind some items being blessed, spellbooks, including player crafted, talisman and other stuff you can't use to deal damage.
I do not like Insurance at all. I would like it to be easier to put a suit together.
If you did not have to count resist to get 5x70 and you lose your hat, you just need to buy a hat with same mods or at least close to that you need, maybe LRC, LMC and MR, MI, or what you would like. That would help a lot as a lost hat would not ruin the whole suit.
I don't think the items, that is blessed now, do a big damage but as I do not PvP a lot, I may be wrong.
How could you not know? It gives a clear advantage to those that have it, and puts whoever doesnt have it at a disadvantage. On a shard where pvp can happen anywhere anytime, running around with clear advantages is unfair. Bo is all for basic spell books and vet rewards to stay blessed but thats it. Anything with mods shouldnt be blessed (outside of the one siege bless). Again unless it goes for everything for everyone.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How could you not know? It gives a clear advantage to those that have it, and puts whoever doesnt have it at a disadvantage. On a shard where pvp can happen anywhere anytime, running around with clear advantages is unfair. Bo is all for basic spell books and vet rewards to stay blessed but thats it. Anything with mods shouldnt be blessed (outside of the one siege bless). Again unless it goes for everything for everyone.
Especially some of those event book. Some of them have some crazy stats. The tokuno artie spellbooks are blessed too. :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
How could you not know?
Maybe because I never loot and I rarely get looted, so it do not really effect me.
I'm ok with this items get unblessed as long it count for all of them also blessed spellbooks with mods. I still have a few tokens I can use for Quiver of Infinity

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
. Bo is all for basic spell books and vet rewards to stay blessed but thats it. Anything with mods shouldnt be blessed (outside of the one siege bless). Again unless it goes for everything for everyone.
This exactly what we demanded from binky back in the day and was delivered to the point that anybody who was seen using blessed items with mods excluding siege bless and cbd could be reported and banned.

But as usual, new development teams come and go and the current team completely ignores the notes of their predecessors and blessed crap bleeds in to Siege as they shower the prodo shards with blessed "I win UO" items.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the vet robes and cloaks with the +3% Physical, just create a turn-in box to get the vet reward back. Worst case, the turn-in box would give you a soul stone token (i.e., 1st year reward).

Basic spellbooks only should be blessed. Even though I have an event one I would write off any gold spent on it as a loss. It is not a big deal.

The main point is to level the playing field for any new folks or accounts coming to the shard.

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh... a tad off topic, but one more thing for Siege and Prodcution. Just "Unbless" (no insurance either) all those scroll books (PS, SOT, & SOA) and make the entire book stealable, then allow them to work in your backpack, at a bank or at a spawn. If stolen, you should have never been walking around with it in your pack. ;)

Mitzlplik_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Oh... a tad off topic, but one more thing for Siege and Prodcution. Just "Unbless" (no insurance either) all those scroll books (PS, SOT, & SOA) and make the entire book stealable, then allow them to work in your backpack, at a bank or at a spawn. If stolen, you should have never been walking around with it in your pack. ;)
10491984_710465585708998_7645657472091643083_n.jpg

RueTor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well... nice picture, but explain your logic. Here is mine.

Production: How would a unblessed/non-insurable impact any that stays in Trammel. You can still lock it down in your house. You can still carry it around in Trammel if you feel the need. If you go to Fel, it can be stolen or taken off your dead body like any other scroll. On the plus side (since I play on a few other shards without housing), I can actually use the darn things without a house.

Siege: see Fel above