• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sick -20 mage weapon

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Selling silver-etched mace with the following mods:

mage wep -20
sc no -1
12 dci
40 dmg inc
50% lower req
undead slayer
Personally blessed for zanity

Located on ls server buyer picks up - Icq 217863854 or PM to make an offer

O

Old Man of UO

Don't know about anyone else, but it's just not that good for either PvM or PvP, rather a mix of both. Good luck selling it.

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't know about anyone else, but it's just not that good for either PvM or PvP, rather a mix of both. Good luck selling it.

I never understood why people post negative comments about items being sold.

If you don't want it, don't post.

The wep is good for a necro mage/mage tamer. dci 12 with NO neg casting on a -mage wep...worth 25m-40m IMO.

B

Belanos/Icicle

The wep is good for a necro mage/mage tamer. dci 12 with NO neg casting on a -mage wep...worth 25m-40m IMO.
what makes you single out mage tamers? if this were also max luck I could see it, but as it is, most tamers would not find it much more useful than anyone else.

Ls Jax Ls

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok since there seems to be a bit of confusion i will clear things up about this weapon. -20 mage weapons are extremely difficult to find, especially without a negative casting. Finding high dci on one is even more difficult. Since it's only 20 casting, it allows the user to be able to use a totem of the void to gain 10 lmc on their suit, rather than needing a +5 magery talisman to balance out the - magery. It is intended to be used with a necro mage. I'm asking 100m for it.

O

Old Man of UO

I never understood why people post negative comments about items being sold.

If you don't want it, don't post.

Sorry, but it's open posting to anyone who wants to! :D

That said, I have several of these very similar and never have been able to sell them even for a few 100K. So they go removed from my vendor, and Jax hasn't got any responses yet either. That's why, and I do wish him good luck selling it.

p.s. It also bumps his posting

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Sorry, but it's open posting to anyone who wants to! :D

That said, I have several of these very similar and never have been able to sell them even for a few 100K. So they go removed from my vendor, and Jax hasn't got any responses yet either. That's why, and I do wish him good luck selling it.

p.s. It also bumps his posting
You obviously do not pvp and do not understand the importance of mage weapons without a weapon skill. Would i pay 100m for his weapon---if it had a big hit spell to. Would i pay 50m for his weapon? ---yea

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You obviously do not pvp and do not understand the importance of mage weapons without a weapon skill. Would i pay 100m for his weapon---if it had a big hit spell to. Would i pay 50m for his weapon? ---yea
What about a fork with -23 mage, SC, no casting penalty, 50 hit harm, and 10 DCI?

*in my best god father voice*

Make me an offer I can't refuse.

O

Old Man of UO

You are absolutely correct that I don't understand PvP weapons at all. Why is this weapon better than my Swords of Prosperity which has MW -0, SC -0, Luck 200 and FC +1? I can get those anywhere for 800K to 2 mil each.

Just this week I threw out a maul with MW -20, SC -1, DCI 6 and DI 36%. No one wanted it at any price. I got that one from Miasma. I had a Halberd (also from Miasma) with MW -20, SC -0, SSI 30%, DI 30% and couldn't sell it. Mage weapons with SC -1 in my experience aren't that rare...

I did a quick inventory check of Mage Weapons that I had on my vendor that wouldn't sell and are sitting at home. Here is a sampling:
Heavy Xbow: SC -0, MW -21 plus fire/energy damage
Elven Machete: MW -23, SC -1, HML 60%, SSI 10%, DI 25%
Black Staff: MW -24, SC -0, SSI 20%
Bow: MW -22, SC -0, DI 37% plus fire/energy damage
Cleaver: MW -20, SC -1, Air ele slayer, HLA 18%, HLL 12%
Composite Bow: MW -22, SC -0, SSI 35%, DI 30 (I may use on my tamer)
Crescent Blade: MW -20, SC -1, HSL 36%, HLL 40%, DI 37%
Magical Short Bow: MW -22, SC -1, Hit Fireball 30%, SSI 25%, DI 38%

I have quite a few more, but none would sell. I don't do PvP but run across lots of these types of weapons in PvM loot and seldom bother with them any more.

So, and honest question: What makes a really good PvP weapon?

RL'S pker

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For mage pvp to free up skill points they use a -mage wep. The wep being -mage gives them a chance to parry attack like having a weapon skill would.

In pvp the weapons must all be one handed as to allow said person to chug pots.

having -1casting on a -mage wep is poop. It's harder to build a suit with a 1/2 or 1/3 +mage ring.

Below is what you're looking for on a -mage wep.

Spell channel
Mage skill -20
1 handed wep
NO -1 casting
If there is a hit spell(not area) your looking at some serious $$$

O

Old Man of UO

That makes more sense, RL. I never considered the 1 Handed weapon.

Of course, if you use the KR client, with a macro unequip/equip it is almost the same thing because it happens to fast.

B

Belanos/Icicle

don't forget, the undead slayer property can be something of a penalty when fighting repond (e.g., baracoon and his repond spawn will hit you for 25% more damage). And -20 mage weapons aren't especially difficult to find, its just hard to find them coupled with spellchanneling and FC1 on the same weapon (which evens out to no penalty).

a couple similar weps that I haven't been able to sell at 70m:
-21 sc-0 dci 19 di 55 twink
-21 sc-0 dci 19 di40 ssi 25 machete

and supposedly theres a bug with items personally blessed for other people, causing the insurance to sometimes not be checked and it drops to the corpse upon death, although this is unconfirmed by devs.