• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SI/Cartel/Captain Fight on Island

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The topic has changed so I’ve started a more appropriate thread for dialogue.

This is a continuation from the following thread:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?t=148218

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! For those of you who do not know me I'm also known in-game as Chemick. I currently serve as President of SI and would like to address the accusations of SI deceiving, luring and using blues to grief The Cartel.

I was instrumental in organizing an effort to fight Cartel on their island. I don’t believe this to be thought of as something malicious in nature, nor would I consider it griefing. The Cartel is a Red ‘Player Killer’ guild. They represent evil, they kill innocent people, this is common, this is understood. This is the accepted standard operating procedure for Red PK guilds all across the Shards and has been since the birth of Ultima Online.

The Cartel have posted on these boards and made it quite clear they will attack any non-Cartel that set foot on their island. We in SI pride ourselves on being the only force of ‘good’ on Baja that is willing AND able to stand up to Red PK guilds like The Cartel, PvM, KR, and others. (Please don’t let this thread get off on a tangent on how effective or ineffective at standing up against PK guilds or any other tangents. I’m merely pointing out we don’t believe in innocent PKing and fight when we can).

Now operating under this philosophy we also wanted to open this event up for all. Any Blues, Trammelites, other guilds that wanted to participate were welcome. We wanted to give others a chance to kill the Cartel Island spawn and/or fight Reds who might not otherwise have an opportunity. I was chatting with SuperKen on ICQ this evening and he informed me of all this garble taking place on this forum. I was startled to hear SI was being accused of manipulating and deceiving Blues/Trammies by telling them The Cartel actually wanted their help to kill the Captain and to come on over. We did not spread this lie.

As I mentioned before, I was deeply involved with organizing SI and our Alliance to come out and fight Cartel. So if there was deception going on, I would know about it. We wanted to defeat Cartel on their own island and have a chance at the spawn. We wanted to help the Trammel side get a shot at doing something in Fel… on Cartel’s Island. So many players spend all their time in Trammel wanting to go to Fel, I think it’s sad. I wish they had more opportunities to explore and participate in Fel. We wanted to help make this possible this one time… at this one event.

Perhaps a lone/rogue SI member spread a rumor Cartel wanted help. Maybe a few individuals just misunderstood or were misinformed. I will be making some inquiries as to find out if there is any truth to these accusations. I will report back what I find out.

I hope that helps bring some clarity.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have a lot of respect for Chemick. A TON. Honestly, the guy is not only a good player, but a good guy on and off the field. We chat together all the time about stuff not even related to UO. If it were up to me, I think Chemick deserves a lot more power to make decisions in his guild; he's never once mislead me. He's always been forthright and honest. I know he wouldn't abuse a greater allocation of power. I know he would use it in such a way as to further the aims of his guild in the right direction.

Things have truly gotten out of hand lately. I worry what effect this has on the EMs who spend their time and effort to craft events for the Baja shard, not just individual guilds. Some people pointed out that the event today was not created for Cartel alone; those statements are 100% true.

I will admit, to us, it would appear that SI willingly and knowingly asked people to come and raid us on Horseshoe Island. Chemick himself says as much. However, this is different that "luring" people under the assumption that Cartel asked for help on today's spawn, when in fact we did attack those who came to the island along with SI. We were not clear who was with who, but we did immediately realize that we had a fight on our hands and it was in our best interests to "protect" our own island from all invaders.

I would further add that recent actions by SI have appeared to be done for the sole purpose of "griefing" us. This may have been our own misconceptions but...well, the evidence is there for everyone to see.

So I will openly admit that we do not have any proof that people were deceived or "lured" onto Horseshoe Island today. It was an assumption we made based on several sources, but one that I will further admit could very well be untrue. After speaking with Chemick, I do begin to doubt it myself: a guy this great would not have done that to us.

Chemick says that he does believe there is a possibility that members of his guild acted out of turn. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and I do know that he will investigate the matter himself. Whatever conclusion he comes up with is one that I will also fully support.

I'd like to point out that Baja as a shard has suffered due to this recent disagreement between the Cartel and SI.

I'd like to honestly apologize to the whole shard for this: this was never our intention.

The Cartel sees every benefit, even to ourselves, to promote Baja as a shard. I'm willing to say that SI also feels this way. Under pressure from a huge raid by SI and many other blues, we responded with what the Cartel knows best: attacking everyone.

But that's in the game. We don't mean to "attack" Baja. Baja is our home.

I hope today's event was fun for those who were able to attend. And I truly hope it doesn't ruin the image of Baja that so many people have worked so hard to make into a positive one.

See y'all on the field.

S

SiCoFWhInErS

Just to clarify Super Kens post from other thread I wasn't banned, I normally attend events on Baja and then check the forums to see who got what and so forth. Till today I've had no reason to get on check the forums, nor was i insulting anyone.

I stated basically that Cartel can not expect a EM event..open to EVERYONE...to be only for Cartel people. That the island Cartel lives on is still open to anyone that wants to visit it, its UO owned..therefore anyone can go there anytime they wish...possibly risking their lives yes..but thats fel for ya, part of the game.

Also I was on Trammel side at merc event when the gate went up to head to Cartel island because mercs had spawned there. Thats the only reason the gate was thrown up was for the event...not one time did anyone in SI or in any other guild say "Cartel Island...lets go pk and grief them!!" All that was said was spawn at Cartel Island and a gate was thrown and people went in to fight in the EM event..simple as that. But the fun had to be ruined because blues had to worry about being pk'ed when they were only there to participate in the killing of the mercs at that location.

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My two cents, for what it's worth... I have friends in Cartel and SI and would never be dishonest to them or about them. Anyone who knows me knows I speak truth when I say that.

I was invited over to Horseshoe Island to help kill the spawn. End of story. There were NO requests to grief anyone. If that had been the case? I wouldn't have gone because that's not my playstyle. Noone ever said "Cartel wants your help", just as noone said "Cartel doesn't want your help". I don't think that even entered into my friend's head when the invitation was put forth. People just know that I enjoy a good battle. :twak:

I really do think too much is being read into all of this and it's time to consider it water under the bridge. Oriana and I were talking about it earlier and both of us were laughing about how we escaped by the skin of our teeth. She did die one time but that's because she's just not quick on the recall button. ;) I WIN UO! :danceb: Now let's *group hug* :grouphug: and let sleeping dogs lie.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This was from a member of SI that sent me an icq about the captain, I will not name who it was since I do not have their permission so i took their name out

SI Member: we could use some help at cartel island can you put some word out we need lots of greater dragons the captain has been up a while but its just a war its a paragon general travesty

SI Member: need lots of dragons heh

Ceno: apparently every non pvper was killed when going there so no one wants to go

SI Member: :-(

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Airhaun just opening the gate and having the blues rush through was enough. We also had people at the event and saw what was said there. Telling the blues that were there the house would be open for them to enter. Some members of your guild were acting out of turn it seems. As far as si being the good group of the shard lets just say thats just your belief.

Soco it seems you relie on the defence that it was a community event. I agree but when you blues unknowingly attend the event to grief not much community there. I do not know what characters you play or who you are, nor do I care. You seem hell bent on being the devil's adovocate depending on the day.

Y

Yalp

don't get the wrong impression... when Airhaun says this....

Any Blues, Trammelites, other guilds that wanted to participate were welcome.

.. what it really means.. is Any Blues, Trammelites, other guilds that wanted to participate were welcome... to come be slaughtered by Pk's, dry looted, rez killed and driven away from helping.

Let's not kid ourselves into thinking that helping all facets of our shard with this event is actually gonna be about helping ALL facets of our shard. Anyone who posts such nonsense is trying to deceive people into fel, so they can be ganked.. either by themselves or those in their guild.. .for reasons only they can state.. but of course we can all put together for ourselves.

Y

Yalp

This was from a member of SI that sent me an icq about the captain, I will not name who it was since I do not have their permission so i took their name out

SI Member: we could use some help at cartel island can you put some word out we need lots of greater dragons the captain has been up a while but its just a war its a paragon general travesty

SI Member: need lots of dragons heh

Ceno: apparently every non pvper was killed when going there so no one wants to go

SI Member: :-(
My response.. then and now.. GOOD! I hope "their island" is overrun by spawn which they can never drop and never get whatever event "item" is on them. That is what you get when gank, dry loot, rez kill and talk like a jackass to the people that come to help you... all because "it's fel" and "you're l33t"!

And those that know me *Yalp*, or our guild CTDM, know we will help ANYONE in game, until you crap all over us.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My response.. then and now.. GOOD! I hope "their island" is overrun by spawn which they can never drop and never get whatever event "item" is on them. That is what you get when gank, dry loot, rez kill and talk like a jackass to the people that come to help you... all because "it's fel" and "you're l33t"!

And those that know me *Yalp*, or our guild CTDM, know we will help ANYONE in game, until you crap all over us.
i sent you a pm about all this yalp, and you never answered to me this says you don't want to fix anything you just want to be a board warrior... Now yalp I tried to tell you that you came in at the wrong time and that was it. But since your being a little kid about this, there is nothing i can do or say to help you buddy.

Y

Yalp

this pm?

I am sorry for what happened to you buddy, But I think you were lured to the event under false pretenses. We made a very vocal statement on the boards and word of mouth we needed no help, and anybody coming would be seen as a enemy. Now I killed you a few times and rezzed killed you! You can take that as me being mean or me protecting my island. SI told us they were going to bring in tons of help and blues to be meatshields for them. I encourage people to play in fel as we are a community of players. Now your comments disturbed me a bit. We take care of our own my friend. I can vouch for guild sir we are not morons nor little childish kids. We just play the game for different reasons. I love the thrill of getting in a fight with someone half way across the globe and win or lose. Now anyone in my guild would be more than happy to teach you pvp sir. But know this it is a risk vs rewards system, and this gamed used to be based on it...

and when i went I neither offered any aggressive spell or otherwise fought back in anyway. I was ganked on the very spot I recalled into and rez killed the second I was healed. I was then followed to the very farthest end of the island, away from any other player and killed the second I used a sacrifice. None of the blues I saw killed ever offered any aggression toward any red on the shard... we were merely ganked for your own enjoyment. And I suspect what you mean to say when you say you encourage people to play in fel... is that you encourage all blues to come to fel to be ganked, rez killed, insulted and driven away.

At least let's agree not to present misleading impressions to the rest of the shard. "getting into a fight" at the very least implies that the 2 people in the fight.. have indeed AGREED to a fight. What do you tell yourself when the blue you are killing in 2 hits NEVER even moves or attempts to defend themselves or fight back?

good sir.. that is not a fight.. as much as you want to delude yourself.. that is a gank. and that is what yesterday was all about.. ganking anyone who came to assist the island in defense of Casca's beefed up invasion forces.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How did you get to the island good sir? We do promote our community! You knew the risk when you stepped through that red gate. You sir come on here to bash my guild and my players. Thats a tad silly considering I am 100% positive you were calling all of us names. I killed you and rezzed killed and would have been more than to gate you out had you of not started calling names and would have just quit being a idiot. Yalp you sir may not understand fel nor even want to play here but we do and we like it. Like I said you came in at the wrong time and pretty much you were used to try to help kill us on our island. So please forgive me for your death and being rezzed killed while weare being pushed by si!!

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yalp, If you did indeed get 'dry looted', please let me know what you lost, I personally will replace any item. Cartel and SI both are known for not looting, and for returning items that others lose.

I would like to clarify something. I know for a fact that in an effort to minimize hard feelings, etc., Cartel had contacted EM Seppo well ahead of time and requested there be no special event item for Horseshoe Island. Hence they were 'defending' their territorial claim to the island, not running everyone off to be ensured of an event item.

I'm not in either guild. Even with my 'reporter status' I do know that when I attend a Felucca event, be it the current scenario or one of the spawns, I am subject to attack at any time for a variety of reasons.

Cartel, a tightly knit group, has become acutely aware their isolation from the rest of Sosaria has lessened since Lord Casca refused their claim for autonomy. Their homeland is no longer quiet with just the occasional explorer or treasure hunter visiting the island. Not only is there the ‘black gate spawn’ and mercenaries to contend with, Cartel is also seeing a steady stream of ‘strangers and/or outsiders’ appearing near their homes. Some of those strangers are, for lack of a better word, spies. There is no way of knowing who the person behind an unknown character is.

The Cartel’s background is a seven-year history of PvP and Champion Spawns … which often happen at the same time. As with any Felucca spawning guild, they relish the idea of fighting spawn AND their enemies at the same time. And, as with any PvP guild, sometimes they win, sometimes they lose.

Like any of us, they are proud and defensive of their ‘territory’. They just defend in a manner differently from how those of us in Trammel defend our homes. We set houses private or lock doors. In Felucca, when random blues start appearing it is attack first, ask questions later, for it's often a case of attack or be attacked within the PvP world.

SI and Cartel are known 'enemies' on the field, which is a type of Role Playing. This is what UO is known for ... Role Playing. No where is it written that we must all have the same role play style. Just how boring would that be?

When in a different situation, I have observed the 'warring' guilds set aside their differences for a common cause. Just last night at the Tokuno Sleeping Dragon spawn, I observed four characters (two being Cartel members) who belong to factions rezzing, healing, helping those of us who can not heal, rez or help a faction character on any facet. I also observed an SI member getting a ton of spawn off a Cartel member.

Spawners Inc. is also a very proud and tightly knit group. Both SI and Cartel have a code of ethics and guild rules. Both respect our play style in Trammel, we should respect theirs in Felucca.

Z

Zyron

For what its worth.... I had fun :dance:

me and jackal had our own battle going on.. like just attack each other every time on screen..

but every time i left the house robin hood/ dr. death/ mr money an a few others would get on me :)

i have no hard feelings for anyone

*mumbles something about losing 100k in insurance*

Good fight everyone!!

Y

Yalp

I have no issue with any guild role playing. I have no issue with people choosing to pvp.

But, let's be honest with our shard members at the very least.. regardless of any excuse as to why it happened. I find the attempt to fool everyone into thinking that our shard community should be helping out our "fel brethern" in their attempts to repel Casca's invaders dishonest and manipulative.. and it makes the game so much less fun for all concerned.

Can we agree that attempts to fool the readers of these boards into thinking ANY ingame event held in fel is about community first as a dishonest lie? It's about ganking blues and those weaker at pvp. The various mea culpa's and excuses are an attempt to reassure us that it was a mistake and won't happen again are at best false, and at worst attempts to mitigate the damage of people who post to warn others.

Let's just be clear that all fel related events are about suckering in blues to be ganked and stop pretending we're a bunch of cry babies if we point out that hypocrisy.

The real damage, in case the point is missed by all the defenders.. is that this incident has reinforced the majorities dislike of fel, pvp and reds. It has made the game not fun for long term players and newbies alike. And pushed people closer to leaving UO altogether. For a long term player such as myself.. time I would have spent playing after the fiasco yesterday and today, I have been finding things other than UO to do...

but hey.. for those that love pvp and ganking.. this is what you wanted, no? Make the game sickening to others.. drive them out of UO so you can have it all to yourself? Shove your foot down the throats of anyone weaker or less experienced in pvp or god forbid.. comes to help you? Yeah.. that's a game that is sure to be on everyone's "must play" list.

VERAL

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wow yalp wow is all I can say. I bet half the guild of mine has been playing longer than you. I am glad you said all of this. I do not recall asking you to come to my island to elp me repel the spawn. I think you sir are being misled. Never once has a cartel member said hey yalp come to our island and help us we need you. Pretty sure the first event we invited everyone out to play. After that event we realized some "trammies" are not willing to play nice. We helped at the other events also and still we were able to play nice. But to come to the boards and do everything but say the red pkers are good people is bull and you know it. First off you came in through a blue gate, not a sinlge person at the event could cast from my guild. Which means you sir were brought in to help push cartel off there island by si. It was really nice of them to set you up like that huh. Now please quit bashing my guild! I will not stand for people like you who have no understanding of what we do and how we do it to talk smack on us. You sir are acting like a child who just got turned down by both mommy and daddy. I really am a nice guy and you can ask most people on these boards. Come to my place and **** on my doorstep and I will not tolerate it. Now I am sure you will come back with "it was a community event" I don't care yalp if it was your event to solo. It was on my island where my house is and where my guild lives. That sir is trespassing and all violators will be handed a death robe from now on. You ask what our stake to the island is? Well sir my guild has lived on this island since about 2004. Now members of our guild have lived on it way before that. Yalp sir you had every intention of coming to the island help. I truly think you did, but you sir came in when we were being attacked my countless number of blues.That sir was your mistake and I do not apologize for that. Now look past your own little realm of comfortability, and see that the game is made up of more than just yourself! Tell me what you lost and I will give you everything you want. I will also give you a mil check to cover any insurance lost. We are not uber and never claimed to be such or "l33T" as you say we play the game for the thrill of the fight. We pay our money and have every right to do so. Since you sir have a problem with dying and being rezzed killed do not travel anywhere besides luna bank. I am afraid a lone ettin or wisp may kill you and than rez kill ya when your trying to get the stuff back from your body.

G

Give'R The Onion

I have no issue with any guild role playing. I have no issue with people choosing to pvp.

But, let's be honest with our shard members at the very least.. regardless of any excuse as to why it happened. I find the attempt to fool everyone into thinking that our shard community should be helping out our "fel brethern" in their attempts to repel Casca's invaders dishonest and manipulative.. and it makes the game so much less fun for all concerned.

Can we agree that attempts to fool the readers of these boards into thinking ANY ingame event held in fel is about community first as a dishonest lie? It's about ganking blues and those weaker at pvp. The various mea culpa's and excuses are an attempt to reassure us that it was a mistake and won't happen again are at best false, and at worst attempts to mitigate the damage of people who post to warn others.

Let's just be clear that all fel related events are about suckering in blues to be ganked and stop pretending we're a bunch of cry babies if we point out that hypocrisy.

The real damage, in case the point is missed by all the defenders.. is that this incident has reinforced the majorities dislike of fel, pvp and reds. It has made the game not fun for long term players and newbies alike. And pushed people closer to leaving UO altogether. For a long term player such as myself.. time I would have spent playing after the fiasco yesterday and today, I have been finding things other than UO to do...

but hey.. for those that love pvp and ganking.. this is what you wanted, no? Make the game sickening to others.. drive them out of UO so you can have it all to yourself? Shove your foot down the throats of anyone weaker or less experienced in pvp or god forbid.. comes to help you? Yeah.. that's a game that is sure to be on everyone's "must play" list.
Oh boy, i hardly know where to start on this one.

Yalp, you point out the hipocrisy but you are the only one that insists on "Yalping" from the gills, persistent if nothing else. We (Cartel) have made many posts on here on the forums in regards to our position. We are a red guild, pvp'ing is what we do, who we are. If you think for a second we dont attack poeple we see in fel you are clearly misled. Bare in mind, its not only blues we attack. We are equal opportunists on the field and attack blue, orange, and red's alike. No favorites have ever been played by us in the rhealm of pvp. I think Sara hit it right on, attack first and ask questions later.

You see kind Yalp, this is fel. If you do not attack them, they will attack you. It's much like a family, you protect your own before expending any resources to the aid of others.

I apologize if you think that we are a reason for people to leave UO, simply due to reds being reds. If this is truly your thought, then i do believe you are blinded by a personal opinion (or an abundance of death robes).

In light of the recent events, I have talked to many people in the last day and have heard nothing but good reviews about the kind Yalp, but you must know that these posts of yours are making that claim hard to swallow.

This event is similar to any spawn we have either initiated or raided over the years. You cant honestly believe that we are after the loot in your pack or the gold a champ drop's? We do the things we do because we enjoy a good fight. I assure you, we do not log in each day asking ourselves, "who's day can we ruin today?"

In closing, i would really like to see all this nonsense find its way to a conclusion. Everyone that has played this game for an extended period of time knows that Cartel is a pvp guild. This is no secret. Although it is our objective, the island we inhabit is not currently known as "Cartel Island" and all are welcome to view its beauty. But let me warn you, the island is in fel.

Thank you and good day.

Y

Yalp

hmm interesting that your rebuttal becomes a personal attack.. I have offered no such personal attack to anyone specific, as you will see by my posts.. so.. the bullying on the field continues in the forums.. so be it.

my comments.. were about the Baja community as a whole helping to repel Casca's invaders from succeeding and the strong impressions that we as a "community" of guilds would band together to assist in that goal. The lines of reds and blues were given the strong impression of having been erased for this purpose... hence our secret meeting with Kullervo not more than a week ago, *including those that used the opportunity to gank every blue yesterday* pledging to become members in our rebellion.

When we "blues" upheld our end of this pledge, and came to assist in repelling the beefed up invasion forces, the opportunity was used by gankers to.. well do what they always do. Any "alliance" is in words only.

The fault is indeed mine, for being so gullible.

The anger I feel is in the concerted efforts on these boards to convince us all we share this common goal... clearly.. through the actions of yesterday and the comments in this thread, it is not the case.. and those that advocate otherwise are either lying outright or intentionally being manipulative for their own ends.

Congratulations "my friend", you have gotten what you wanted. Enjoy your game.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are some screenshots of Horseshoe Island, Felucca. Hopefully they will aid in the understanding of yesterday's events there.

18x18 house southern most tip is the Cartel guild house. Smaller house to the east is an SI owned house that was recently placed. I defend SI's (or anyone's) right to place a house wherever they wish.

This shot shows the proximity of the black gate from the Cartel house.

This shot shows the proximity of the black gate from the SI house.

Above are the banner and the scroll that were placed for this event. Please notice that someone recently perma-placed a statue over the top of the summons scroll in an effort to hide it from view. Also, GM's will not remove any perma placed items.

Is it any wonder Cartel doesn't believe there's some sort of unspoken alliance towards a common goal? You and I may not have actively participated in the events and actions that make Cartel feel threatened and wary, but perhaps the visuals of the screenshots will make us more aware of why they do feel threatened.

M

McVie

hummm i hope that guy goes to WOW that stuff is so far out there its not even fun to read but for the record there is no dry looting now days in uo if you losse more than some pots or maybe some bandaids then your a fool....:thumbsup:

R

RD Gumbie

How can there be any confusion here really?

TC said that anyone coming to the island would be attacked and that the island and spawn there is thiers.

In turn, anyone coming to the island not in TC was attacked and therefore is against TC.

Airhaun was just trying to get a group together so they could fight the spawn but to fight the spawn you also had to fight with TC. SO you people can say it either way, SI was trying to get people together to fight TC and the spawn. TC wasnt going to let people on thier island so if they wanted to fight spawn there they were going to have to work together and thats what SI was trying to accomplish. So you can call it an attack on TC or a uniting of peps as part of the event, it was prolly both and I give him credit for trying to get it done.

As for the houses on the island, before these events TC had 3 out of 5 total houses on the island, they added 2 once it began and SI added 2, they now have 5 of 9 houses on the island. I don't see how that was threatning to anyone it just gave people a place to work from and hold supplies because SI was told before hand that they would not get gates off the island.

T

Turdnugget

Sad I missed this event =/

I was hoping it would've taken place while my wife was still visiting relatives in Canada!

So what was the end result in all this event? I haven't really been able to figure that out with all this jumbled conversation between Cartel/Trammies.

C

Capt.E

This event sounds like a good one!! I am a little upset I missed it. Yalp I know the pain of being rez killed and it definetly is very frustrating. I am currently in GBU! Which is allied with SI, so I feel that I can ask, could you walk in cartel's shoes for just a moment. They are a PK guild, the reason they pay their subscription each month is to hunt and kill players, whether you want to call this "evil" or not it makes the game more enjoyable for players like me. I can tell you that if I get rez'ed I will hide and rez anyone else in my alliance, so you can see how letting one person rez can quickly turn into a problem. Now I am sorry if it wasn't your intention to pvp, but in the first days of my playing experience 3 years ago I knew that fel was no consent pvp. I don't post alot because I am a noob, but it would be a huge loss to the UO community to lose a player like yourself or a cartel member for that matter

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Yalp's concern is that the event was touted as something for the community, but upon her arrival there, it was definitely anything but.

But thank you for the kind words, Capt. E.

T

Turdnugget

Any Fel based event outside the Fairgrounds should be treated as a possible PvP threat. That's what keeps a lot of Fel based players ticking. It's not about PvMing difficult mobs or getting items from event creatures... it's about the combat one with another.

Old school fights where there was 30+ people on the field fighting each other... those were the days.

D

Dust2Dust

OMG Maybe I am missing some great fun......glad you all are still goin!

Airhaun

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Baja!

It looks like this issue is winding down *crosses fingers*, nevertheless I said I’d look into it and let you all know what I found out.

I’ve talked privately with both people who have posted on this thread and players who were involved but didn’t post on this thread. I’ve talked with SuperKen and members of my own guild (SI). Nobody I spoke with felt they were deceived or “lured” to the island. Some did however tell me they didn’t realize what they were getting into when they came to the island to fight but admit they probably should have known better. <-- I think this is where some of the tention originates from.

SI did invite people to the island to kill the spawn, some to help PvP. That being said, I found out many of the people who were at the event on the island came through a gate that was cast at the previous Captain spawn. We cannot take responsibility for that. I would like to apologize to anybody who feels they didn’t have a good time or didn’t know what they were getting into. SI supports the Baja community and we want everyone to enjoy their game-play here.

From speaking with the 3 groups involved (The Cartel, Trammies/Others, & SI/Alliance) it seems the root of this controversy stems from misconceptions and illusions. Please allow me to clear some things up:

• Cartel is a PK guild, they were not out of line and there is nothing wrong with them wanting killing every person who stepped foot on the island… no matter what personal opinion says. That’s what Red PK guilds do… especially in an area they feel a personal claim to.
  • SI, our Alliance, and Tram dwellers were not out of line and did nothing wrong by coming to the island whether it was to fight The Cartel or to kill the spawn. Anybody who feels differently on this simply has unrealistic and unreasonable expectations.
The well grounded and intelligent members of Cartel know a PK guild can’t run around Fel killing their enemies and innocent blues and then get upset because a group decides to mount an offensive against them… on or off the island.

So my conclusion? Nobody was in the wrong here, nobody should be pointing fingers at anybody. Some individuals have voiced complaints on this thread based on their misconceptions of how Fel operates, some have voiced their complaints based on their misconceptions on how a PK guild operates. Both are inaccurate. The spawn on the island belongs to no one group or person, the Island (though Cartel claim it as their own and for all intensive purposes, it is theirs) technically belongs to no one group or person.

The conclusion I hope all who read this walk away with?

Nobody did anything wrong and no one is to blame.

SI isn't faulting Cartel for killing innocent blues, we aren't using these boards to manipulate public opinion, if anything I've shown support for Cartel's position and defended their right to kill other players. So with that said please stop spreading rumors that SI lured, deceived or manipulated people to grief The Cartel. Thank you all for your time. :)

With Respect to the Baja Community,

Airhaun/Chemick

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
(3:52:03 PM) SK: chemick-san
(3:52:06 PM) SK: i don't know how to reply to yours
(3:52:12 PM) SK: lol you didn't leave me a lot to say

(3:52:27 PM) Airhaun SI: :)

(3:52:28 PM) SK: maybe i can do a pun or something?
(3:52:36 PM) SK: wth do i add to any of that?
(3:52:46 PM) SK: "what he said"
(3:52:50 PM) SK: "'nuff said"
(3:52:54 PM) SK: "agreed."
(3:52:54 PM) SK: ?
(3:53:18 PM) SK: oh you know what would be funny?

(3:53:19 PM) Airhaun SI: well that is just the reply I was looking for.? The absence of the need to reply

(3:53:24 PM) SK: i could just copy/pasta this icq log

(3:53:32 PM) Airhaun SI: hehe

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*ROFL* Read the journal again. I said I was going to "hit" you. Still inviting me over? *gets the kal vas flam ready*

G

Give'R The Onion

Chemick,

Very well said and thank you for your time invested into the resolution. We as a group certainly appreciate your efforts.

Good day!