• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Show me your japanese style homes

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I'm trying to build a nice home on my zento plot but I'm not content with what I did accomplish so far. So, please post your japanese style homes as inspiration. Thanks in advance.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe, this was my first attempt on a Japanese style design back in 2007, after some digging n looking back at it, I could've done a few more tweaks but it's no longer standing. It's nothing awesome to see compared to modern designs but I had fun doing it back then, hope u can get a feel for a Japanese design too soon .. here goes :p

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Beautiful, TheChocolits, just beautiful.... Thanks for sharing.

:)

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would never have thought of using one of those giant mushrooms as a table! Thanks.

TheChocolits

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks guys! :D .. n yes Petra Fyde, the smallest/shortest giant mushroom can be best used as a table but I could only get my hands on that 2nd shortest one n made do with it, hehe.

S.P.A

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there,

I'm trying to build a nice home on my zento plot but I'm not content with what I did accomplish so far. So, please post your japanese style homes as inspiration. Thanks in advance.
This is the Chaos Shrine Tea House that I had in Trammel on Europa until recently - I have currently redecorated it as a Chaos Temple to help Escaflowne with a plotline.

Outside:

Ground Floor with Stables:

Restaurant Area on 1st Floor:

Bedrooms on 2nd Floor:

Ingstein

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll bring this old vendor house mock up design out again. The idea has been through many reskins over the years from Japanese to grey stone to what is now my Luna sandstone. But I always liked the original best:
AWESOME!

L

lit2fly

I'll bring this old vendor house mock up design out again. The idea has been through many reskins over the years from Japanese to grey stone to what is now my Luna sandstone. But I always liked the original best:
impressive, very nice house

B

Bella

I. LOVE. This. Design. Please tell me I can make a version for my tiny spot on Fire Island!! And please, do tell, how you make the stairs with the pentagram flooring and then take it another level up from there? Are you able to access the floor beneath the pentagrams?

OvenBird

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
All of these houses are awesome. I love the flooring of SPA's first floor, and the offset of the stables and the building itself, The Chocolits attention to detail, and the split floors and two story library of Gheed's place.

I. LOVE. This. Design. Please tell me I can make a version for my tiny spot on Fire Island!! And please, do tell, how you make the stairs with the pentagram flooring and then take it another level up from there? Are you able to access the floor beneath the pentagrams?
My guess is he chopped the stairs using the spiral staircase method, raised up a ton of gozas to two places higher than where the floor would be, placed, lowered and chopped a ton of pentagrams square. Really beautiful execution.

Gheed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My guess is he chopped the stairs using the spiral staircase method, raised up a ton of gozas to two places higher than where the floor would be, placed, lowered and chopped a ton of pentagrams square. Really beautiful execution.
Yup, it takes a little patience to get it just right. For example placing the penta centers around the edges are blocked by the walls. To get around that I saved the finished design, removed all of the blocking walls, placed pentagrams, then reloaded the saved design. You can lock down individual pieces of broken multi tile objects. My guess is the custom tool doesn't quite know what to do with them so it leaves them in place even in custom mode. The catch to that is the broken locked down pieces do not display as locked down when mousing over them. If they arent locked down then they are destroyed on going into custom mode. When I have alot of locked down pieces like this I always hold my breath going into custom mode to finish the design. Also, any locked down pieces become unlocked at server up. SO get it all done in one day or make sure you have everything locked down again before going into custom mode the next day. Oh and the penta centers are about half way up the first floor. Use banmboo tile pieces from the custom tool beneath them. Bamboo tile pieces force everything above them to appear when the house becomes visible. If you dont do this, the centers wont load untill you hit the steps. So the design wont look right until you hit the steps and if you are running up the steps at the time, you may get stuck dropping down before your client loads the tile.

The origianl design is long gone but the final product still exists on Catskills. I hate working in sandstone but it turned out ok: