• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Should We Increase The Number Of Siege Blessings

Should We Increase The Number Of Siege Blessings

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Even when I don't like it, I have to admit, items will always be balanced after Prodo shards Insurance system, so if we want the action back here, it may be the right solution.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least raise it to two. I'd like to be able to protect both a weapon and spellbook.

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very good ideas.

@Tanivar: Spellbook and Weapon are the same slot, not? You mean: One item blessed in backpack, the other in your Hand?

I would rather bless a Talisman, an Apron (like CC, Tangle), a sash (like Lieutenant´s Sash), a cloak or a robe... Things you cannot craft and/or loot. That´s the essence, if you ask me: Imbuers can make infinite supply for most other parts, makes rarely sense to bless imbued stuff. But you cant craft/imbue a sash, a cloak, an apron, a tally. And there are many very powerful items that deserve to be blessed. That´s how I would do it.

2-3 is okay. I mean, I can run very decent templates with only one blessing, with 2-3 I could massively push my MR and my SDI, which would be great.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I voted "yes" but max #3 and only 2 if a character has ninja, hiding or stealth. Reward templates that can not run and hide by giving them a bonus bless.
I like that,even when I would accept 5/4 items. I sure like some disavantage to stealthers

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I voted "yes" but max #3 and only 2 if a character has ninja, hiding or stealth. Reward templates that can not run and hide by giving them a bonus bless.
I like the idea of giving a couple more Siege blesses for sure. My number would be 3 or 4 undecided really. But please people lets make this idea as simple as possible for the devs and for everyone.

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I voted no, even though I would love more blessed slots. It's just that too many and it will have a massive effect on all sorts of things. It could be like free insurance. Then we have Prodo Fel.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I voted no, even though I would love more blessed slots. It's just that too many and it will have a massive effect on all sorts of things. It could be like free insurance. Then we have Prodo Fel.
That's my fear too, except, you won't kill to get insurance money and won't cost a lot Insurance when you die

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I won't vote until I know the details. It's all equipable items or nothing for me.

I'm not a fan of insurance or blessing, but the latter is the easiest way, IMO, to resolve our biggest issue. My goal is to keep pvp fun and for that to happen, players need to be able to get back into action without having to make or track down expensive items all the time. Same for non pvper's.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This idea is like... 10 times more "not siege" than adding unaltered VvV items, but whatever.

Everyone is saying this will fix sieges main problem, but ignoring the new problems it will cause, and the incidental damage it will do to some of the most appealing elements of siege. Especially if it's the whole suit. That's just insurance, and at that point why bother with this shard? The difference between here and prodo will be tiny.

Last edited:

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
That's my fear too, except, you won't kill to get insurance money and won't cost a lot Insurance when you die
Thats why 7 or 8 Siege bless would be way to much. Im talking just one extra possibly 3. Even at 3 there would be plenty of good loot off my corpse. While making it easier for people to put suits together for PvP and PvM both. Since I have been here ive killed one guy that was wearing a unblessed crimmy. It basically makes that stuff worthless here because no one wears them, because they are in fear of losing it. Why would I farm 50 lady mels to get a crimmy and not wear it? Or any item similar for that matter?

The game has become completly centered around items, and Siege has suffered because items are to hard to get, and just way to easy to lose.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Per The Bo's idea, we can hash out the amount of items later.
How many here remember the day when the PBD came out to all the shards?

I voted no.

well after the Event tonight I change my vote, BLESS the whole dang Suit! I lost two suits tonight because of the BS. I was also WARNED not to come to any more events as they own the shard.

As it is now I am not writing this article tonight. Here couple screen shots. I refuse to even post anything about THEM.

Last edited:

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
And this change would be instead of adding the VvV artifacts?

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
should be 4 total, that is what most templates need. mage - jewels, weapon or spellbook or shield, than either robe or crimmy or talismen, warrior - weapon, 1 jewel, crimmy or robe and talismen. Taming no offense but the pet should take one slot, than some fancy luck armor pieces like the soles, talisman, and jewels.
Sure there are a ton of hybrid temps, but the thought is to bless those items that are hard to come by/buy.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
To the people that are voting no. Why would it hurt to bless a few more things that people wouldnt otherwise carry unless it was blessed? Typically now if you kill someone 99% chance they wont be wearing those insane tinker legs, so what would it matter? Im trying to view this from both sides, but im not seeing the down side of this, and im not saying I want my paper doll blessed. The current game and the difficulty of obtaining items does not fit well with Siege.

Do you really want to farm up that slither just to lock it down in your house as deco? That item is useless here because almost every tenplate would have to bless something else, like my mage wep for example.

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I get the idea behind it and kinda like it. I could totally do with only a second bless btw. Then again I kinda like Uvtha's idea better, where you can get the VvV artifacts through the clean up system. Make them worth 10k or 20k clean up points per item. Those can be farmed rather quickly while not being too easily achieved (comparable to a good pre AoS suit).

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10-20k cleanup points are the harvest of one day dungeon stealing. I would recommend 50-100k.

Tanivar

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the people that are voting no. Why would it hurt to bless a few more things that people wouldnt otherwise carry unless it was blessed?
The problem would be that those who have super duper items to give them an advantage over those who don't have them would discourage many from PvP on Siege has it does on Prodo fel. At least here PvP is mainly talent vs talent, not gear vs gear that can't be lost. You want the Reward of the bonus's the super gear gives you, you should have to Risk losing it in combat.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem would be that those who have super duper items to give them an advantage over those who don't have them would discourage many from PvP on Siege has it does on Prodo fel. At least here PvP is mainly talent vs talent, not gear vs gear that can't be lost. You want the Reward of the bonus's the super gear gives you, you should have to Risk losing it in combat.
Bo bets this is what most non pvpers believe. The fact of the matter is pvp on siege is a numbers game. If you roll with a group you will run better gear. cause there is less of a chance you will lose it. Bo knew people who had 2 different suit sets, one for when they had a group and one for when they were solo or with 1 other person. That creates an even bigger gap, than the proposed suggestions.
Which btw there is nothing wrong with the trash points vvv idea. That is a good idea. Bo thinks we should keep the good ideas coming. Than someone should present all these ideas with the hope that one if we are lucky will be accepted and implemented.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I dont see how having 3 Siege blesses would be like having super items. With my current template I would bless my mage wep( which is blessed currently already) and my mage jewels that are specific to my build and rest of my suit. Also 90% chance the person who killed me wouldnt be able to use my jewel set any way. This is just a way for EVERYONE on the shard to re suit and recover from death easier to keep them in the game. Especially for the newer siege players who dont have the stock at all.

Also what really discourages people to PvP here is replacing whole suits all the time. If a dexer can bless his weapon and crimmy, and a tailsman thats less mods he has to dump on other pieces on his suit. Its definately not an easy button it will still be difficult to replace suits just not as game breaking.

Last edited:

MoxZinnia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
To the people that are voting no. Why would it hurt to bless a few more things that people wouldnt otherwise carry unless it was blessed? Typically now if you kill someone 99% chance they wont be wearing those insane tinker legs, so what would it matter? Im trying to view this from both sides, but im not seeing the down side of this, and im not saying I want my paper doll blessed. The current game and the difficulty of obtaining items does not fit well with Siege.

Do you really want to farm up that slither just to lock it down in your house as deco? That item is useless here because almost every tenplate would have to bless something else, like my mage wep for example.
My reasons:

Part of the thing I find attractive about Siege is that the typical suit is something that is less than the perfectly put together megasuit. Too many blessed items not only allows the megasuits, but makes them the new norm.

Some items do not have durability, they cannot be worn down over time. They are permanent. If they can never even be lost then they are in the game in that one spot forever.

There is part of it which is just beyond my ability to calculate. There are all these different templates some of which might benefit more from a few blessed items than others. It might be fine, it might not, but I'd like people to slow down and think about it hard.

I am not sure how this affects crafters. I would prefer a gearing solution that made items made by blacksmiths and tailors more relevant. This doesn't seem to help that and might hurt it.

Honestly, I'd love gearing up to be easier. Having 2 blessed items might be the bee's knees. But I can't shake this bad feeling I have about how it will all turn out.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Lemme do a quick break down and my cost of my PvP suit buying from vendors, and I will not include my very expensive mage weapon.

1. Ring
FC 1 (10 Dilligence 300k +Relic Frags)
FC 3 (10 Achievement 300k +Relic Frags)
15 (DCI 10 Singularity 200k + Relic Frags)
EP 25 ( 10 Crushed Glass Cant even buy)
10 Magery ( Cost of jewels imbuing last)
Total: + 800k

2. Bracelet
Exact same as above
Total + 800k

3. Tangle ( If you can find them to buy 3 mill)

4. Mage Mana Orb 500k

5. My normal imbued barbed suit + time farming legendarys , EXCLUDING Seeds of renewal if I need them I would Guess at least 300k in relic frags and jewels.

6. Corguls sash 500k

7. Quiver of infinity 500k

8. Samuri helm ( heritage token 500k)

So not including the tangle thats 3.9 million everytime I die. If I was to buy it off player vendors which I almost always do, and if I didnt I would spend 99.9% of my time farming than doing something I really enjoy. And that is why people cant really pvp here espcially with a healthy population of pvpers(because you would die more often) and with PvPers comes PKs which means PvMers die more often, and thus they cant use good gear because of cost, and without a decent amount of population this game isnt as fun.

So where can we come together on this?

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OCD is kicking in. This feels like a super butchered up fix. Like... some new player who logs on will be like "lol this is nice I can bless three items but wtf"

Exact same feelings I had about letting non-VVV use VVV wearables, or VVV wearables being excluded totally. There's the "wtf is going on" factor.

It feels third party and gaudy, and not official or "clean".

I think insurance would be a much cleaner way, or just adding in VVV arties.

Just my 2GP! Continue!

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Power creep. It really depends on how many items, but every added item makes suits a step more powerful, making "good enough" more difficult to achieve. 4 or less would probably be alright, despite being against the idea of the shard, but whole suit or whatever would pretty much ruin my experience here.

I still think that the most "siege" idea is just to make these items like 90% easier to get. So it's still a risk reward situation, but, probably wont happen.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
10-20k cleanup points are the harvest of one day dungeon stealing. I would recommend 50-100k.
I think that's just fine. I think all of those items need to cost a lot less on this shard so that people will use them.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bo bets this is what most non pvpers believe. The fact of the matter is pvp on siege is a numbers game. If you roll with a group you will run better gear. cause there is less of a chance you will lose it. Bo knew people who had 2 different suit sets, one for when they had a group and one for when they were solo or with 1 other person. That creates an even bigger gap, than the proposed suggestions.
Which btw there is nothing wrong with the trash points vvv idea. That is a good idea. Bo thinks we should keep the good ideas coming. Than someone should present all these ideas with the hope that one if we are lucky will be accepted and implemented.
But it will just be the exact same situation, except everyone is 1-3 items more powerful at base. Maybe that's fine, but...

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lemme do a quick break down and my cost of my PvP suit buying from vendors, and I will not include my very expensive mage weapon.

1. Ring
FC 1 (10 Dilligence 300k +Relic Frags)
FC 3 (10 Achievement 300k +Relic Frags)
15 (DCI 10 Singularity 200k + Relic Frags)
EP 25 ( 10 Crushed Glass Cant even buy)
10 Magery ( Cost of jewels imbuing last)
Total: + 800k

2. Bracelet
Exact same as above
Total + 800k

3. Tangle ( If you can find them to buy 3 mill)

4. Mage Mana Orb 500k

5. My normal imbued barbed suit + time farming legendarys , EXCLUDING Seeds of renewal if I need them I would Guess at least 300k in relic frags and jewels.

6. Corguls sash 500k

7. Quiver of infinity 500k

8. Samuri helm ( heritage token 500k)

So not including the tangle thats 3.9 million everytime I die. If I was to buy it off player vendors which I almost always do, and if I didnt I would spend 99.9% of my time farming than doing something I really enjoy. And that is why people cant really pvp here espcially with a healthy population of pvpers(because you would die more often) and with PvPers comes PKs which means PvMers die more often, and thus they cant use good gear because of cost, and without a decent amount of population this game isnt as fun.

So where can we come together on this?
I guess my rebuttal there is that you don't have to run a suit like this, you are taking a risk to gain an advantage. With more blesses you aren't taking nearly as big a risk. With 4 of those blessed you could potentially run and even better suit for the same loss.

If everyone accepts the power creep I guess that's where we are, but it will be there.

Bo Bo

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
do you want to compete in pvp or get run over. If you want to compete you need to run that sorta suit. Why run 15 dci when you can run 45? why put yourself in a losing situation. The point of pvp is to kill others, how you going to accomplish that when you keep getting hit? Yeah yeah tell the bo to run parry, hahaha on a mage that is what bo was running and guess what you are underpowered solo. you will never kill anyone cause they will just run away before you can get them.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi-5 for life!

I vote no to the more blessed items. Keep siege pure. The weak will fall by the wayside.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I vote no to the more blessed items. Keep siege pure. The weak will fall by the wayside.

Have to agree with this guy. Why aren't all the "Yes" voters playing Fel on Trammel servers?

I don't get it.

Siege - Where you can bless 3 less items than the other shards... :(, that will really make us stand out.

And these guys have only played the shard, what, a few weeks? The whole haves vs have nots argument is a bit goofy considering.

HoldenCaulfield

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How many here remember the day when the PBD came out to all the shards?

I voted no.

well after the Event tonight I change my vote, BLESS the whole dang Suit! I lost two suits tonight because of the BS. I was also WARNED not to come to any more events as they own the shard.

As it is now I am not writing this article tonight. Here couple screen shots. I refuse to even post anything about THEM.
Maybe with people like this, Siege, indeed, has no hope. In the past, this would be a movement for some Siege justice and you would get a group and fight and loot back. Now it seems to just be a give up mentality.

Looting works both ways, it was a way to rid the shard of nuissances or at least get some revenge.

Sure with blessings you will not lose your stuff, but that doesn't mean you won't just constantly be killed and griefed. Maybe walled of stone until you log. And you won't have any recourse because they will just keep coming back with no fear of losing their items. I would urge more thought into this.

To me, in your shoes with a guild of your size, it would seem more "fun" to wear trash gear and get little wins of their good loot. Eventually people mess up or get separated and that is your opportunity.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Problem with more Siege Bless is, people will never need a new of this items if they first get one.

I rather see items become easier to get and easier to craft. and remove vendor fee to we will see the items on vendors too or give a free week before vendor fee kick in.

Last edited:

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Last night was a moment of weakness on my part as I was really pissed off about how HI5 people acted, I changed it backed to no. As for the News article for last night event I not going to write it. History will show that the HI5 earned it name of Griefers and I will not record that history as News.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem with more Siege Bless is, people will never need a new of this items if they first get one.

I rather see items become easier to get and easier to craft. and remove vendor fee to we will see the items on vendors too or give a free week before vendor fee kick in.
You're asking for the rainbow and the pot of gold. It's not gonna happen.

And what is up with you all and this "they will never need new items again" nonsense. If that was the case, the market on Prodo shards would have been crushed years and years ago, yet it's still going strong.

The truth is there are about 16 item slots for your character. 6 blessable/insurable slots will not break anything. It will only invigorate the economy and get guilds to farm higher level content for premium gear.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And what is up with you all and this "they will never need new items again" nonsense. If that was the case, the market on Prodo shards would have been crushed years and years ago, yet it's still going strong.
10x More players (at least), 6x more characters. The demand on prodo is far higher overall, and I think the market has slowed on a lot of items.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Last night was a moment of weakness on my part as I was really pissed off about how HI5 people acted, I changed it backed to no. As for the News article for last night event I not going to write it. History will show that the HI5 earned it name of Griefers and I will not record that history as News.
Like I said in another thread, seems like the pvpers are doing just fine, and don't need any boosts.

Feanaro

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
How is raiding and EM event on a all fel ruleset griefing? This is the way Siege events have always been. There is always a chance murderers will come to raid. This is a big part of why I play this shard. Your guild can come together and set the void pool record, but your GM and one of your best fighters leaves you all for dead at the event. 6+ GIL and a bunch of dragons wont make a stand vs 2 people.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think if other PvP type guilds saw what happened last night they'd want to get into it as well. You should write the article! Show everyone why siege is so great!

chise2

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Me too I would rather seen no new blessings and items easier to get. But then I think what are the devs more likely to do? Make a bunch of tweaks to things like monster loot, turn ins and crafting or change one number? If they are going to be willing to do anything at all its probably going to have to be a simple solution. I mean the chances of them doing anything are small to begin with as it is.

-Kaisa

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Hmmm where do they fit the defination of Griefer?
Urban Dictionary: griefer

PK'king, looting, attacking events and hunts is all allowed on Siege. It may be an evil thing to do but not really against the rules for the shard.