• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should they reinstate dungeon booting upon death?

• Thread starter Simon Francis
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1

Should they reinstate being kicked from dungeons upon death?

• Yes. I want a 10 minute period of not being able to enter a dungeon upon death.

Votes: 41 64.1%
  • No, I think you should be able to ressurect in legacy spawning dungeons

Votes: 23 35.9%

• Total voters
S

Simon Francis

THE FOLLOWING WOULD APPLY TO FELUCA LEGACY SPAWNING DUNGEONS ONLY

I used to love the old system where if you died in a legacy dungeon spawn, you were kicked to the brit gate healer or choas shrine upon death and could not re-enter the dungeon for 10 minutes.

This made teamwork battles so important and fights much more exciting. I believe they should reinstate this feature in legacy dungeons. T2A spawns you could die and still be ressed at.

Thoughts/Flames?

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree 100% ... it was nice to have for those smaller groups... to be able to beat back larger groups, and have some time to regroup, or gear up... before the next raid in 10 mins.

I personally liked this... but some did'nt... also gave you time to loot all the bodies.. (not that there is much to loot anymore) ..

S

Shanna

I'm kinda torn on it. On the one hand, I like the idea of ghost being booted out (stupid cams) but on the other hand, a team of 8 mow through a team of 4's spawn, they will have it taken before the four can fight for it back.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OMG did not even think of ghost cams, yeah it would prevent that too for the most part... (dont remember if ghosts were allowed in dungeons or not during that era)

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes but 10 minutes may be too long. Or maybe something like 5min if you die to spawn and 7-10 if you die from another player.

L

Lord Kynd

I'm kinda torn on it. On the one hand, I like the idea of ghost being booted out (stupid cams) but on the other hand, a team of 8 mow through a team of 4's spawn, they will have it taken before the four can fight for it back.

why use a ghost when you can use stealth ?

i don't vote yes for the main part, but would if it only concerened champ area's.
be nice you take out a raider and they can't come grief you again for 10 minutes, handy.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always liked the idea of "if you don't get to your body before it completely decays, you are kicked out, and you cannot re-enter the dungeon as a ghost." This allows PvP spawn battles to continue to happen, but defeats ghost cams.

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I always liked the idea of "if you don't get to your body before it completely decays, you are kicked out, and you cannot re-enter the dungeon as a ghost." This allows PvP spawn battles to continue to happen, but defeats ghost cams.
Also a good choice.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Im all for that, just not for some ungodly length of time.

BbqLou

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why kill pvp more than it already is?

How would this benefit anything.

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I voted yes.

It would let the guilds who say they are the l33t few with lots of teamwork that fight against guilds that are nothing but "zergs filled with meat shields" to show it.

It'll be pretty obvious if the zerg just starts dropping and can't regroup.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before AOS when they had the dungeon boot out with all your items [Didn't need insurance] MANY people actually did spawns and they were full of "Trammies" and such fighting against reds and such. Since the invaders could be dealt with and get taken out of the picture for a decisive amount of time, anyone could do spawns.
I would be in favor of this returning. The only people who would object are the current spawn monopoly crowd.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I used to love the old system where if you died in a legacy dungeon spawn, you were kicked to the brit gate healer or choas shrine upon death and could not re-enter the dungeon for 10 minutes.

This made teamwork battles so important and fights much more exciting. I believe they should reinstate this feature in legacy dungeons. T2A spawns you could die and still be ressed at.

Thoughts/Flames?
Teamwork battles!!?? Look around, hardley anyone goes to dungeons anymore, if anyone goes and dies, they're gonna waste around 10 minutes looking for a healer or someone to ressurect them, so either way, it doesn't matter, your corpse goes away no matter what... I wouldn't mind getting booted out of a dungeon as long as I can re-enter without the 10 minute wait, the reason why is cause of the very low population in UO, this is why people are able to solo doom now and days, all by themselves, you won't see them in a legacy dungeon..

I recommend changing the timer on corpse decay, get rid of it, your corpse should be there as long as it has items on it, cause honestly, getting ressurected is just way to hard....

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Before AOS when they had the dungeon boot out with all your items [Didn't need insurance] MANY people actually did spawns and they were full of "Trammies" and such fighting against reds and such. Since the invaders could be dealt with and get taken out of the picture for a decisive amount of time, anyone could do spawns.
I would be in favor of this returning. The only people who would object are the current spawn monopoly crowd.
Ah.. So all your items went with you? Well then hell, I think they should bring that back.... *didn't read whole thread* This would make things a lot less tedious while in a legacy dungeon with the low population today, it is extremely hard to find a healer and get ressurected on time, everytime I go to a dungeon, I don't see one damn person in one, except for Despise on ocassion... Other than that, they're no different than the ghost towns in UO, and it has become a problem..

So I am all for it, without the length of time...

S

Simon Francis

Teamwork battles!!?? Look around, hardley anyone goes to dungeons anymore, if anyone goes and dies, they're gonna waste around 10 minutes looking for a healer or someone to ressurect them, so either way, it doesn't matter, your corpse goes away no matter what... I wouldn't mind getting booted out of a dungeon as long as I can re-enter without the 10 minute wait, the reason why is cause of the very low population in UO, this is why people are able to solo doom now and days, all by themselves, you won't see them in a legacy dungeon..

I recommend changing the timer on corpse decay, get rid of it, your corpse should be there as long as it has items on it, cause honestly, getting ressurected is just way to hard....
I don't know what shard you play on, but the ones I do play on, (Pacific, Atlantic, Napa, Sonoma, Baja) all have a decent amount of legacy dungeon activity. Though it was 20 minute wait time originally, I believe a 10 minute wait period where you can't enter then dungeon after you die is quite reasonable. This would encourage teamwork. When you die in a legacy dungeon as well, you are automatically teleported to either choas shrine, or britain healer too, so getting a res is not a big deal.

Lefty

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was taken out because a spawn should be held by player skill and organization and not a game mechanism.

10 More minutes to work on a champ and keep the invaders dead at a choke point and not be able to raid at full force. Right...

S

Simon Francis

It was taken out because a spawn should be held by player skill and organization and not a game mechanism.

10 More minutes to work on a champ and keep the invaders dead at a choke point and not be able to raid at full force. Right...
There are 2 spots to enter despise, not many chokes in deceit...
Teamwork would definately be increased tenfold if this were reimplemented.

You cop?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
As long they do not add that trammy code to Siege I would not care much but sadly I have to care because it will hit us too

You mean your items was all blessed and would go with you so no lose

Thoughts/Flames?
I don't see it did anything good. all it did was to bless all bluebies who wanted no risk in Felucca.

Sorry, yes that become a flame :/

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
why was it changed anyways? anyone have the history on it?
It was removed because it failed, it was only in for a short time, then removed.

Blue was camping chaos shine to rez kill reds who was transefered there to get easy virtuel points and other griefers was camping the healers in town and killing new ressed blue there and looting them. Can't remember, was it Fel towns the chars was transfered too?

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
when i have limited play time, why should i now be able to get into Despise or any other dungon in fell. What about harrowers or champs. Does tha tmean i do all the hard work and 3 mins before the end i die and vant get back in...!

G

Gellor

There are 2 spots to enter despise, not many chokes in deceit...
Teamwork would definately be increased tenfold if this were reimplemented.

You cop?
Except that you need to boil it down to:
Despise: Only two places to get on the island and one still bugged.
Deciet: Only two places to get to the spawn level and only one way into the alter/champ.
Destard: Only two places to get to the spawn and only ONE place to get to the alter/champ... granted VERY long place but still one spot.
Fire: Three ways to get at the dungeon.. only ONE way to get to the alter/champ.
Tera Keep: Technically two ways to get to the dungeon... but only one reasonable way since I don't know of many willing to run all the way through t2a:lick:

As for the boot upon death, I'm mixed on it. On the one hand, it could sort of aid the zergs by letting them gang up on people. On the other, it rewards the pod racers using extras and gimp templates:coco:

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was removed because it failed, it was only in for a short time, then removed.

Blue was camping chaos shine to rez kill reds who was transefered there to get easy virtuel points and other griefers was camping the healers in town and killing new ressed blue there and looting them. Can't remember, was it Fel towns the chars was transfered too?
It didn't fail Freja, not even close. The system made champ spawns THRIVE with many people from all over going to them, even trammies. The fact you could fight against invaders and they could not instant res and keep coming back over and over and over and over instantly made victories decisive.
It was not a failure, it was taken out because of AOS's insurance making the main lure [keeping your items on death] pointless. Look how successful champ spawns have been since AOS.

Before AOS: Whole shard participated in champ spawns and harrowers.
After AOS: Recuced to one to two monopoly guilds per shard owning them.

Yes it was a BIG failure alright. Please stop looking at all UO through Siege-Vision.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
It did only last a year

http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=5870 Champ spawn in Fel Feb 25 2002
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=7153 Age of Shadow Feb 10 2003
Looting i towns was a problem http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=7008 Dec 9 2002
A piece of UOHoC on uo.com tells me it did fail http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=6579 Aug 8 2002

Yes Insurance was a way meant to solve the problem. Think that failed even worse

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It was stated directly by a developer that the dungeon booting changes were only meant to be temporary to lure players into Felucca. They were always intended to be removed with the next expansion because of item insurance.

Also I find this quote interesting:
Evocare - In the future, champions will continue to get more unique loot possibilities, so don't worry about them becoming unpopular.
Six years and still the same loot as far as I can tell!

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Also I find this quote interesting:
Evocare - In the future, champions will continue to get more unique loot possibilities, so don't worry about them becoming unpopular.
Six years and still the same loot as far as I can tell!
Yes guess noone cared about Felucca when he left.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It didn't fail Freja, not even close. The system made champ spawns THRIVE with many people from all over going to them, even trammies. The fact you could fight against invaders and they could not instant res and keep coming back over and over and over and over instantly made victories decisive.
It was not a failure, it was taken out because of AOS's insurance making the main lure [keeping your items on death] pointless. Look how successful champ spawns have been since AOS.

Yes it was a BIG failure alright. Please stop looking at all UO through Siege-Vision.
Agreed. On all of it. Nice post.

S

Simon Francis

As long they do not add that trammy code to Siege I would not care much but sadly I have to care because it will hit us too

You mean your items was all blessed and would go with you so no lose

I don't see it did anything good. all it did was to bless all bluebies who wanted no risk in Felucca.

Sorry, yes that become a flame :/

No risk? Are you out of your mind? Blah blah blah, yes you play siege, but that fact is, siege/mugen have been the trammiest shards in the game for a long time due the sheer imbalance of templetes because of no insurance in an item-based game.

Fact:

Implementing this would make teamwork much more vital than it already is.

Implementing this would add much more excitment and risk to legacy dungeon spawning since it is much more likely you loose your spawn if you don't work together.

You could still spawn your hearts out in T2A to get powerscrolls

Siege/Mugen are the most unbalanced shards in game pvp-wise (played there for a year with OTF) You don't play an item based game without insurance. Siege hasn't been remotely cool since the introduction of AoS. No one cares about you guys... we see "Save Siege" posts weekly cause the shard is garbage and will likely be among the first one closed in UO.

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It did only last a year

http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=5870 Champ spawn in Fel Feb 25 2002
http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=7153 Age of Shadow Feb 10 2003
Looting i towns was a problem http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=7008 Dec 9 2002
A piece of UOHoC on uo.com tells me it did fail http://www.uo.com/cgi-bin/newstools.pl?Article=6579 Aug 8 2002

Yes Insurance was a way meant to solve the problem. Think that failed even worse
I fail to see your point. You were kicked out as a ghost. I'm sorry if some people were too dumb to actually res in town and get looted and stolen from. You had the option to go res in a safe spot [like take the moongate to Trammel and res there] Or reds could go look for a red healer or guildmate to res 'em.
So no your point is 100% pointless.

Insurance was a good thing because UO switched to item based game. Sorry but the way Siege it setup or todays UO, a 120 eval mage could blow the crap out of someone in GM gear with the mage being in GM gear as well [and having like a blessed scrappers or something with the one bless item]
If anything pvp on Siege is the most unbalanced in today's UO which is why it's usually Siege players crying louder than most about every. little. thing.

Insurance was not a failure, it's only a failure in the eyes of those of you that feel you need to get off to looting or stealing other players hard earned items.
Many people who would otherwise not have pvp'd before AOS do now because of insurance. It's not a failure.
Failure is when a game system excludes people out of content because it's setup in a way that doesn't encourage them to do it.
It's a success when people do content, like the champ spawns before AOS, if anything they are a failure NOW.

Krystal

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like it!! add it to SP too;)
imagin doing spawns, after u killed the guild that raided or that u raided they cant come back for 10 min!

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i like it!! add it to SP too;)
imagin doing spawns, after u killed the guild that raided or that u raided they cant come back for 10 min!
Lol a Siege player that wants it. :p
However the majority of the Siege crowd would cry and scream against it so there would be no point trying to push it on Siege.