• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should they change the Blackthorn dungeon so hidden tamers can't get drops?

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
the fact that the person is afk, nullifys all arguments they may have, about anything. they cant claim they enjoy doing it, because their not even there, and ya who doesn't enjoy getting free stuff. I have never seen someone start luring things towards an unattended dragon without first trying to speak to the hidden tamer for at least a minute or two, I'm sure it happens, but not as often as people think.

First off you don't know whether or not someone is AFK and it's not the job of players to police the game.

And how are players farming Artifacts getting free stuff? They paid for their account didn't they?

I've re-activated some dormant accounts just in order to farm blackthorn artifacts.

So where is this free coming from?

I'm paying for my accounts and I'll do as I damn well please with them.

If you have a problem page a GM and I can have a discussion with him about any concerns you may have.

Meanwhile, I'll be watching The Curse of Oak Island as my accounts auto-defend and I may log onto my stealth tamer as well.

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One thing you can do in Tram is get the pet on something and then lead that thing out of the area...... removing the AFK pet.
True - or lead the spawn outside the area and make the pet follow it... Its not that hard to get a pet outside the earth ellie room - and have the spawn alone.

Veritas et Sapientia

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Anyone else get a kick out of how players are that against illegal activity of AFK farming are okay with the illegal activating of luring monsters on other players.

Hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Good for a laugh.

*Waits for responses*

Yeah Yeah I know...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seems like some peoples wanna be the police, judge and executioner at same time. Well, that is not our task - there is a help button to call. Use harrasment call and target the player if you can.

And for spawn that is fought by afk hidden tamers or afk sampires - its eay to take over it. Just target the monsters before it targets the pet or player, and their auto defend will not kick in.

Or, is it just that some players get easy artifacts - that drop maybe 1-2 in a hr that bothers them? They are not ruining anyones gameplay, as it is easy to take over the spawn. The only thing to do in such situations is to page a GM on them and hope that there will be any actions. If it is in fell, you can always detect them and kill them.

At least, keep your own path clean!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Seems like some peoples wanna be the police, judge and executioner at same time. Well, that is not our task - there is a help button to call. Use harrasment call and target the player if you can.

And for spawn that is fought by afk hidden tamers or afk sampires - its eay to take over it. Just target the monsters before it targets the pet or player, and their auto defend will not kick in.

Or, is it just that some players get easy artifacts - that drop maybe 1-2 in a hr that bothers them? They are not ruining anyones gameplay, as it is easy to take over the spawn. The only thing to do in such situations is to page a GM on them and hope that there will be any actions. If it is in fell, you can always detect them and kill them.

At least, keep your own path clean!
It's that MANY people use AFK macroing to make RL money that ticks me off. Scamming the community and making the price of things either so low it's not worth trying to compete and make a few of your own gold pieces or making it impossible to actually use the area yourself.

And have you HONESTLY tried paging a GM anytime in the last 4 years????????? It's a JOKE. I don't have 5 days for them to respond and do NOTHING. So take your holier than thou attitude and stick it.

The fact is people still play this game and it really upsets us that folk can circumvent the ToS constantly and get away with it and little if anything is done or if anything does get done it's at the cost of the average player making it so only scripters and powergamers ever get anywhere in game. I hate that anything you want costs over 20 million in gold as if gold is NOTHING. But a young or returning player hasn't got any way to get 100's of millions except to pay RL cash from the exploiters... Not really a very good friendly way to introduce people to a game.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I liked that idea for a little bit. But then something occurred to me. The difference between the WoW and UO "tamers" are that some tamers in UO rely entirely on their pets to do the damage for them with the remaining skills being put towards keeping their pet alive, traveling (magery without eval), crafting, and so on.

My tamer template:
1) Taming 120
2) Lore 120
3) Vet 120
4) Magery 120
5) Eval Int 120
6) Meditation 120

With this,I can still farm all the legacy dungeons and be useful in all champ spawns even without my greater dragon.A slayer scrappers compendium and being well equipped with a solid suit allows for some massive damage. "All kill" and spamming ebolt/explosion while casting arch cure and bandaging my pet is the way I play him. I don't just "all kill" and sit back and watch.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Since I began reading this thread I figured would take my tamer over to see what the huge problem is, so ok, in I go, dragon starts killing, I hit hide and just stand there. Got an arti in the first 10 mins I was there, then three hours later got my second.

No idea why people think this is some kinda huge 'freebie' on artis, I can get a LOT more killing this stuff with my mystic mage. In fact if I spent the equivalent time using her I would most likely have about 24 or more martis by now.

Now to anyone watching I would appear AFK (or not appear to even be there given my hiding status) I am not, I am there, I am just reading and posting to forum, playing facebook games and watching a little tv while monitoring my game screen. So how the hell does anyone know who is afk and who isn't. Unless I decide to talk to someone and 'show' myself every single person who has come by me while I have been there could be writing on here whining about afk tamers or paging on me.

Seriously people there are LOTS more things to worry about.

Thing is it is NOT just tamers, anyone on a dexor can do it, we have a regular 'archer' who just sits in one spot killing stuff on automatic pilot. Are they there, I don't know, they don't move or talk and frankly I don't care.

Thing you need to remember when you all complain about it is look what happened to swoop. Prime example of people whining about tamers hogging spawn so the devs 'fix' it so that noone at ALL can be bothered to fight swoop any more given the hours it takes to kill the thing now. It went from one of the most popluar spots to being a ghost town, all due to people worrying about what others were doing.

If they are afk in fel they can get killed easily, so no big deal, if they are afk in tram, the balron can always chase you and find a dragon to kill. Don't nerf my char which is actually designed to FIGHT while hidden because you think scoring 2 artis in 3 hours is just too much for one person.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
the difference is if its a dexer, or archer in fel you can kill them, or in tram you can make the balron kill them. felucca dragon/hidden tamers cannot be killed, unless you feel like waging war on the dragon, and in trammel, cannot be harmed in any way since the dragon can overpower the balron. the arti's seem to be on a random generator, like you said, 10 mins to 3 hours is a huge difference, but if someone does this every time they go to sleep, even if they only get 10 arti's, that's 10 arti's for 8 hours of sleep, another 10 arti's for 8 hours of being at work, 20 arti's a day, every 5 days you get a free 50 mil (by atlantic pricing) the dungeon has been out for weeks, probably months by now, and people have made quite literally billions of gold by doing absolutely nothing, they can even do this on multiple shards at the same time by multi clienting, which is unfair to all the normal players who earn gold by doing other things and ruins the market value of the items, so anyone who actually did work for their 100 arti's and got an item when they were 200 mil each (by atlantic pricing) pretty much just got 150 mil taken out of their pocket by afk farmers.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The mage room isn't the only one down there. If I go and that room is being worked I go do the lich instead. It's not possible to afk there, you have to move around to reach them.
Can a tamer really afk for that length of time? Surely the pet loses loyalty when the tamer can not be seen? In fact, an adjustment to the loyalty timer is probably the easiest way prevent extended afk play. Attendant tamers will happily allow their pets to see them fairly regularly, say every 10 minutes?

Last edited:

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And have you HONESTLY tried paging a GM anytime in the last 4 years????????? It's a JOKE. I don't have 5 days for them to respond and do NOTHING. So take your holier than thou attitude and stick it.
I paged GMs two times within the last 12 months. I had to remove crap on the ground so that I could place a castle. They answered within max. 10 min, showed up at the spot and solved the problem - max. 15 min of waiting.

So, I think it depends on the problem you are telling them... They actually DO come and help when it is an uncomplicated issue...

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the difference is if its a dexer, or archer in fel you can kill them, or in tram you can make the balron kill them. felucca dragon/hidden tamers cannot be killed, unless you feel like waging war on the dragon, and in trammel, cannot be harmed in any way since the dragon can overpower the balron. the arti's seem to be on a random generator, like you said, 10 mins to 3 hours is a huge difference, but if someone does this every time they go to sleep, even if they only get 10 arti's, that's 10 arti's for 8 hours of sleep, another 10 arti's for 8 hours of being at work, 20 arti's a day, every 5 days you get a free 50 mil (by atlantic pricing) the dungeon has been out for weeks, probably months by now, and people have made quite literally billions of gold by doing absolutely nothing, they can even do this on multiple shards at the same time by multi clienting, which is unfair to all the normal players who earn gold by doing other things and ruins the market value of the items, so anyone who actually did work for their 100 arti's and got an item when they were 200 mil each (by atlantic pricing) pretty much just got 150 mil taken out of their pocket by afk farmers.
Captain, you are right. I agree that we should not be the police nor the secret service of UO. However, some people are behaving so anti-social that I can understand everybody who complains...

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My tamer template:
1) Taming 120
2) Lore 120
3) Vet 120
4) Magery 120
5) Eval Int 120
6) Meditation 120

With this,I can still farm all the legacy dungeons and be useful in all champ spawns even without my greater dragon.A slayer scrappers compendium and being well equipped with a solid suit allows for some massive damage. "All kill" and spamming ebolt/explosion while casting arch cure and bandaging my pet is the way I play him. I don't just "all kill" and sit back and watch.
A good template, no doubt. However, there are still tamers out there who would rely all on their pets for the real damage. I am reminded of a saying about that has floated around for a long time in UO, that we should not impose restrictions on the players for the sake of a few "afk grinders." If we were to make it so tamers must do damage themselves to the monsters that may fix those hidden tamers, however, it would do more damage to the honest players.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Gee if they are actually afk, in fel, go into war mode, click their dragon to chase you and run off with it, dump it in a corner where there is no spawn. the tamer can stay hidden for a century and it won't do him/her any good. That is assuming you are incapable of revealing the stealther and killing him/her.

Same can be done in tram, and the balron will easilty take the GD especially if a bunch of the mages are also zapping it. When I am attending the dragon it can die if I get tagged by the mages trying to vet the thing when the bally gets on it. Perhaps it will outlast one bally but it definitely wont last 2 or 3 unless it gets vetted. If it gets vetted, guess what, the tamer isn't afk.

I went for another hour so for my 4 hours I got 2 arties. If someone is willing to risk their account by leaving a dragon unattended for 8 hours for an avg of 4-5 arti's so be it. Where these figures of 10 or more arties for 8 hours comes in I have yet to see proof of. I have killed the hell hounds in there wearing over 2k luck on my dexor and gotten 1 arti for like 2.5 hrs, similar on my mystic with an RC and red mages for a few hours all for one maybe 2 artis.

I think 10 to 20 arties afk farming is a total myth. Certainly on all my chars of varying template the MOST I have ever got in 2-3 hours is 2. Sometimes less, sometimes I have gone for an hour and not gotten a single one. The whole thing is a storm in a teacup. If people have made millions, well more fool people for paying 200 mil for something they can get themselves is all I can say.

Last edited:

Roland Of Gilead

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My main character is a tamer and anyone on that play style that wanders into a monster crowded room will go invis-its simply the playstyle. I see nothing wrong with that. As for lures I was down in that dungeon with my tamer a lot there for ahile Never afk and I got lured on A lot. I even say hi to whoever runs in every time. So I've seen plenty of luring without anyone talking to me first and I always survive and kill their lures because I am actually playing.

Took me a month of going pretty often and staying for hours each time to get 2 rewards on a tamer and when I say hrs I mean a lot of hours..That ridiculously slow. I tried out my archer there an seem to get a lot more drops so for me I prefer it on my archer there now. But I still don't see why one specific playstyle should be punished. Seemed to me they already made tamers get drops slower.

AFK is bad wether it be sampires/tamers/miners u name it I don't like it either and I see lots of tamers and sampires and even other char types doing it seemingly afk all over that dungeon. What about all those afk people with weapons that aren't invis they should get drops while a legit tamer looking at the screen cant if they are invis? That's silly to me its not fixing your afk problem its simply screwing over tamers some of which don't even have other offensive capabilities so staying visable is just a death sentence. Yea most have magery or something but not all its up to the individual. Dif play styles make uo . In the case of invis spell obv u have to recast it too every so often and also the mages-where I go- seem to reveal me a lot too.

The making the pets go wild faster thing would definitely cut down on the afk tamers I would think but makes other probs for legit tamers and still doesn't solve the afk problem with the other playstyles . Even tamers could then just go snag some low end dragon to lose each day just wouldn't last em as long. I have seen some gms move people out of rooms and such when they thought they were afk in there.I'd like to see more of that problem is some people will page on everyone they see just to be a pain in the butt.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Captain, you are right. I agree that we should not be the police nor the secret service of UO. However, some people are behaving so anti-social that I can understand everybody who complains...
UO is not or never has been policed. Punnishment in most cases is a slap on the wrist. For all those playing now for the past 13ish years know why. The outdated graphics and long breaks between new content is not what drove players off in mass. Dishonest game play belittling honest player gameplay FTW. Gaming worlds are an escape. Why put up all the BS in a fantasy world when you can get your fill in RL.

Last edited:

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
UO is not or never has been policed. Punnishment in most cases is a slap on the wrist. For all those playing now for the past 13ish years know why. The outdated graphics and long breaks between new content is not what drove players off in mass. Dishonest game play belittling honest player gameplay FTW. Gaming worlds are an escape. Why put up all the BS in a fantasy world when you can get your fill in RL.
This.

And quite sadly without some sort of policing it'll never improve.... what gets me is you can page on folk even folk screaming about selling xyz in chat and claiming to sell duped items and short while later they are right back at it...... It does NO good.

In the DEV's defense I can think of NOTHING that will "fix" the problem without destroying the game for everyone.

Although I have always said if they put in some sort of "clock" to watch how much someone is on their account they could EASILY mark accounts that are "ON" 24/7 and then go from there. Shouldn't be hard to figure out after they are marked who's cheating and who's just logged in AFK. But it would be fairly obvious who's violating the ToS with script mining, lumberjacking, etc.... but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok so for the record I just tested this stupid dungeon..2 tamers max luck attainable with armor..no ankh thing perfection or sphinx and whatever else u can do...

2 tamers from server up to server down..I received a total of 19 artifacts..SOOO not worth the time invested..I can think of about 10 things that can be AFKed that yield 3x as much gold a week and just buy the dumb things then afk for it..

So in conclusion..let them afk and waste away precious game hours in grinding a ridiculous amount of time..with a chance of being banned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldberg-Chessy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whoever thinks Tamers should get any special privileges just because they think it is a hard skill to raise is a complete fool and knows nothing about game mechanics in general.

Nobody should be able to effectively farm afk or hidden on any template. And anyone that says otherwise should be put on ignore as they will obviously say anything to defend their own personal gimp style and do not have the best interests of the game in mind when they post.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Whoever thinks Tamers should get any special privileges just because they think it is a hard skill to raise is a complete fool and knows nothing about game mechanics in general.

Nobody should be able to effectively farm afk or hidden on any template. And anyone that says otherwise should be put on ignore as they will obviously say anything to defend their own personal gimp style and do not have the best interests of the game in mind when they post.
Ack! *dies*

This might be the second time EVER I agree with something you've said but Yes I 100% agree.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I ordered extra tissues for this thread, Goldberg just used a whole box of them!

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And anyone that says otherwise should be put on ignore as they will obviously say anything to defend their own personal gimp style and do not have the best interests of the game in mind when they post.
So, you mean that if they dont agree with you they are not allowed to say their opinion?

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i do have a question... does this pop in the pack? of so... stop it and place on the kill. The tamer or who ever must loot it off the kill thus becoming visable.... and unless you use a 3rd party to loot and hide this should be the end of this.

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well i do have a question... does this pop in the pack? of so... stop it and place on the kill. The tamer or who ever must loot it off the kill thus becoming visable.... and unless you use a 3rd party to loot and hide this should be the end of this.
As mentioned before - this aint so lucrative, and for thoose that does it - they put their accs on jepordize for a ban. Im very happy with the dropps in the backpack, so why let a few players gameplay ruin for the rest of us?

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Uh, ok. Sure thing. YOU sort through the 100's of corpses while trying to stay alive fighting the respawn. I understand the argument, I run into it all the time on GL. Hell, I can name the offenders dragons by now. But don't make everyone sort through corpses. That's ridiculous. It take 100's of kllls to get a drop. That is, quite frankly, silly.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Uh, ok. Sure thing. YOU sort through the 100's of corpses while trying to stay alive fighting the respawn. I understand the argument, I run into it all the time on GL. Hell, I can name the offenders dragons by now. But don't make everyone sort through corpses. That's ridiculous. It take 100's of kllls to get a drop. That is, quite frankly, silly.
I agree I don't have time to sift thru all that junk... There is too much spawning too fast to be wasting time opening the corpses...

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just makes drops only possible from killing captains and lighthouses :)

Last edited:

pumpkin_escobar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
If my greater goes wild because I forget to feed it every 10 minutes I'm gonna freak out. I spend tons of time hidden because I'm usually looting.
Just report whoever you assume is afk and move on

Mandrake of DF

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just makes drops only possible form killing captains and lighthouses :)
That will make it impossible for many players to archive the minors, as on the less populated servers - there are not always people on to kill the spawn. And to go solo on the captains aint a easy task. I doubt this will be a solution at all.

The solution is just to page on whoever you think is afk - and continue your gameplay. I dont see the difficulty on this one.

MissEcho

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As mentioned before - this aint so lucrative, and for thoose that does it - they put their accs on jepordize for a ban. Im very happy with the dropps in the backpack, so why let a few players gameplay ruin for the rest of us?
Exactly, I wouldn't be risking my account to get maybe 4 arties just for an overnight session. And As I said, my four hours resulted in 2 arties. Whoop. At the end of the day it is maybe .05% of players who cheat this way. Solution, don't buy blackthorns off vendors stocking lots of em go get your own minax and trade em in.

Amazes me how people worry about the money others may or may not be making on items. I never buy anything that I can get myself for free.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I say that if you are invisible,hiding or invis spell,when the RNG would give you a drop,you'd lose the chance to get the drop. Whatever 'magic' that causes the artifact to fall into your pack can't find you because you are hidden. Thus the RNG monster would keep the artifact for itself.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some need to mature, bashing what someone posts, gains nothing but disrespect.

The original post proves what has been wrong with UO for a long, long time. Ignorance and greed. Farming is the issue, not being hidden.
Eliminate it. Let some person get twenty minutes and then auto eject for twenty four hours. Are these pixels really that important???????
Either that or after thirty minutes walk in and work the same area. You pay as much as the next guy to play UO each month. There is no rule saying you have to wait your turn either.

If another player is being obvious in his or her intentions, all's fair in love and war.

Maybe you agree, maybe you don't, either way, I could hardly care. I pay as much as anyone else, I have the right to work an area whenever I chose.

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
cheating and cutting corners (in my business its called being a square rooter) will always go on. the main problem here in my mind is the grind. sitting there repetitively killing pointless mob's hour after hour is just a futile waste of time in my opinion. I'd rather spend that time cutting leather and putting together suits of armor. at least working through getting the perfect gear set up is using some brain activity.

the system put in place to obtain these arties is a grind fest. it just leaves itself wide open for the exploiters.

NOTHING TO SEE HERE, MOVE ALONG.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So what's stopping this captcha kicking in during a 2 hour harrower battle

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically we are thinking of ideas on how they could police this game with even less GM support? I think you have just become EA's BFF! This guy knows how to annoy the hell out of the community with captcha and save us $$$$...want a job? Just playin..it's an ok idea, just not sure I'm personally interested in playing a game that makes me feel like I'm creating multiple email accounts..

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's easier ways to stop speed hacking/scripting as I've probably said tons of times...we have free shards that can make it so you can't even stay logged in if these programs are running...but an Official game with "supposedly" superior developers who actually get paid for their work..don't..! Always been a mind boggling thing, for me atleast

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So basically we are thinking of ideas on how they could police this game with even less GM support?
Automating that system would end up giving GMs more time to deal with issues from players as opposed to having to deal with reports of afk players...it would also help the economy of the shard by keeping farmed resource level lower...la

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There's easier ways to stop speed hacking/scripting as I've probably said tons of times...we have free shards that can make it so you can't even stay logged in if these programs are running...but an Official game with "supposedly" superior developers who actually get paid for their work..don't..!
Except that the free shards have far fewer players accessing the server, so it's much easier to keep an eye on the player base...la

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Except that the free shards have far fewer players accessing the server, so it's much easier to keep an eye on the player base...la
Let's just agree to disagree..I play both, and let's just say that's not the truth by any means..there are far more active players in the the free shard community..but I digress, I just hope and wish that some of these free shards thinking and scripting, can make it over to official servers..I don't mind paying for something I enjoy..granted I could get the same or better experience for FREE but still choose to pay. Where-as many people on those servers have left official server due to bugs being left in for YEARS, laggy servers amongst tons of other things..I just see it mostly as wasted money for this game to grow past nostalgia..eh wishful thinking I guess..let's get this thread back on track and talk about afk Artie farming :/

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You should not be able to hide or invis if your pet is engaged in a fight.
I've played a tamer and my suit sucked, so I'd invis to get mobs off of me and onto my pet then I'd cast at it or heal the pet or whatever.

That's taking it to an extreme.

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would they prefer someone having 10 accounts open and afk mined on them or just one account open? It's all about the $.
I have noticed that some sampires/tamers are now doing this visable but they use bag of sendings to send there precious artifacts to the bank while not attended and I think some have auto insure scripts going as well :sad2:

Last edited:

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I killed a cpl of farmers in felluca and I know they have been there for hours and hours but there packs are empty...... Just another way they have beat the sysyem. They have to be using bags of sending or insuring items

Gnoopey

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
snipped ....

As for the AFK business that is true AFK there is NO way to reveal them in Tram. You can however go down there with a tracker and find out what their name is and type it in....

snipped ...
not quite true as there actually IS a way to reveal them ... even in Trammel! You just need to make a wild greater dragon cast reveal at the 'right' spot - not too difficult to achieve... needs a stealth herder with a bit of tracking and detect hidden ... pretty easy