• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Should I still learn to play KR?

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I intend on trying out SA when it comes out next year, would it be a waste of my time to still continue to learn how KR works? Would it help at all or is it going to be a quest of futility if they are just going to scrap KR?
I guess my question is, is SA going to work the same way as KR?

L

Lord Drakelord

well I am still in 2d only and will continue to play 2d only.

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I should also add, I know that SA is based off of the same engine, but that could mean a lot of things. There are many games based off of the Quake Engine but that doesn't mean you still don't have to learn how it works.

Ender

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think that the SA client will be KR with just a few minor things changed, that the die-hard 2Ders complain about and even after they're fixed, they'll still find some way to complain about the new client.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll admit the fact that I'm biased up front and say that you SHOULD try out KR and its UI and see how you like it for yourself. You never know, you may end up finding it a better match to your playstyle than the 2d UI you are using now.

Even though KR is going to turn into SA clientwise, you'll have a good primer on the new UI and what options are available to you.

If you have questions feel free to ask on the KR forum, and if you end up not liking it, you can always go back to 2d.

Eht/Longbow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll admit the fact that I'm biased up front and say that you SHOULD try out KR and its UI and see how you like it for yourself. You never know, you may end up finding it a better match to your playstyle than the 2d UI you are using now.

Even though KR is going to turn into SA clientwise, you'll have a good primer on the new UI and what options are available to you.

If you have questions feel free to ask on the KR forum, and if you end up not liking it, you can always go back to 2d.
Actually I have played KR a little, but there are a few things that bug me a lot. I can forsee that SA will eventually phase out 2D, eventually mind you, like maybe in 2-4 years. You never know about EA. I'm guessing that the 2D will eventually get to the point where it's so old nobody will know how to code the thing any longer. EA will also start cutting expenditures in order to save money. I also think faster deadlines will be put into play and running two clients will be too tumultuous and time consuming for it to last.

I am speaking from the point of view of a diehard 2D fan, I love 2D, a lot of good memories were lived through it, and I'm sure I'll still be having dreams of playing 2D for years after they pull the plug on it. Which hopefully won't happen any time soon.

K

K'torr

I just deleted KR on my computer last night. No point in using up the disk space now.

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personly i would love to try out KR, but how is it possible?? I baught thie disk when it came out, but i could never keep up with those patches. That was just nuts. They shoulda wauted a few weeks and put it ALL on the dink. but anyway. Id still love to try it, and id say give it a go if i had the option.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My take on it is that you need to familiarize yourself with KR even if you won't use it.

Because SA might look really good and it will share elements with KR interface.