• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shoreline graphics Corrupted?

C

Conrad

(sorry if this has been covered--an advanced search failed to find anything relevant)

I am seeing what appears to be a graphics glitch that is making all the "shallow" water in the game look like a sandbar--no better way to describe what I am seeing.

All along every shoreline the water has graphics tiles that make it look like another shoreline where there should be water. They function like water still.

I've noticed my wifes Win XP machine does not have this issue, while my Win7 machine does.

Anyone know of a fix? A specific compatibility mode, perhaps?

C

Conrad

Haha. Ok. This is outside the entrance to Hythloth.

Only seeing this in the Enhanced Client. If you'll notice, it also added a single grass tile in one of those little pools of swamp-water in the far, upper-left of the pic. All water I encounter, everywhere, has this effect. All of the little pools I find are also filled with one grass tile.

I have not tried placing a boat yet, so no idea how it actually effects things--sure is ugly though. It looks like the map did in UOAutomap when you switched the view to x-ray mode, only close up.

Clicking anywhere on all of that stuff still gives the tag "water".

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
which map are you on?
Those are water tile missing from statics..before sea made as part of the map there is a stripe of static tiles.. i can suggest to delete the corresponding facet and start the uopatch. The file will be downloaded as new and any file related problem should be disappear

C

Conrad

which map are you on?
Those are water tile missing from statics..before sea made as part of the map there is a stripe of static tiles.. i can suggest to delete the corresponding facet and start the uopatch. The file will be downloaded as new and any file related problem should be disappear
That was taken in Trammel, if that is what you mean. And, I think you are correct--The problem does not exist in Tokuno.

I am not sure which map file I would be deleting. There is a set called "facet00.dds" through "facet05.dds". There is also a set of files called "facet0.uop" through "facet5.uop".

I am not sure which one of those files would be Trammel. Any idea? I suppose any file I delete will be replaced, no?

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
That was taken in Trammel, if that is what you mean. And, I think you are correct--The problem does not exist in Tokuno.

I am not sure which map file I would be deleting. There is a set called "facet00.dds" through "facet05.dds". There is also a set of files called "facet0.uop" through "facet5.uop".

I am not sure which one of those files would be Trammel. Any idea? I suppose any file I delete will be replaced, no?
yes, the patcher will replace any missing file.
You have to delete facet1.uop

facet0 = felucca
facet1 = trammel
facet2 = ilshenart
facet3 = malas
facet4 = tokuno
facet5 = gargomap, can't remember the name :p

The .dds file is the image of the map used in the radar..

C

Conrad

Figured out which file.

I just tried to move them onto my desktop (while having UO open) until windows screamed about one being in use. That's the one--Facet0.uop.

Performing full file check now....

C

Conrad

Either that wasn't the right file to delete, or that wasn't the problem.

The patcher replaced it as expected, but the problem remains. :(

C

Conrad

Ok. It didn't fix it. Deleted all files associated with both Trammel and Felluca and have the same issue. Hrmm.

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
strange.. don't know, maybe the problem is your video card..
or just try deleting legacytextures.uop

C

Conrad

Re-installed completely, and tested both before and after installing Pinco's UI--exact same problem.

I was beginning to revisit the idea that it is a Win7 incompatibility issue, so I've tried compatibility settings for Win7, WinXP and Vista(all with admin rights)--no dice.

Any other ideas? :cursing:

C

Conrad

strange.. don't know, maybe the problem is your video card..
Bingo. You're da man.

I set all my video card settings to default--problem solved.

From what I can see, the only real changes were Catalyst Control Center switching both anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering to "application controlled". To be honest, I don't recall setting them to anything otherwise, but I suspect another game might have taken advantage of administrative rights and changed those settings.

Thanks much!

Kons

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Bingo. You're da man.

I set all my video card settings to default--problem solved.

From what I can see, the only real changes were Catalyst Control Center switching both anti-aliasing and anisotropic filtering to "application controlled". To be honest, I don't recall setting them to anything otherwise, but I suspect another game might have taken advantage of administrative rights and changed those settings.

Thanks much!
well it's a shame not having compatibility with all graphics cards..