• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Ship decay/Refreshing

Bsrlin

Adventurer
How often do I have to refresh my ship to keep it from decaying? It is a Britannian Ship, if that makes a difference (don't know if different ships have varying decay rates, or if all the same).

If I have the ship parked along the shore near my home, do I simply have to board the ship to refresh it, or is some other interaction needed to count as refreshing?

I've been gone from the game for a few years, and the ship was luckily dry-docked in my back-pack so I did not lose it like I did the home...but I need to be retrained/educated as I have forgotten most of the little bit I knew about the game.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Bsrlin

Adventurer
Another question concerning the ship: I launched the ship along the shore near my house, by dbl-clicking the little ship model that was in my back-pack...I thought I would then get either a key or recall Rune for the ship placed in my back-pack? I looked both my back-pack and in my bankbox, and have nothing with which to recall to the ship. Do I have to create my own recall Rune for the ship? Honestly don't remember whether I had a key or Rune for the ship before when I launched it (it was back in 2014 when I last played).

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You have to refresh all ships once a week to keep them from decaying.

To refresh a ship all you need to do is board it, no other interaction is necessary.

The ship commands are: "forward" "back" "left" "right" "stop". When you say the word the tillerman will automatically drive the ship in the direction you said.

When you place a ship for the very first time, the key is automatically placed into your bank account but if it isn't the first time the ship has been used no additional keys will be created. For oldschool ships the key actually is the recall rune, you just cast recall on the key and it brings you to the ship.

For new types of ships like the Britannian ship (which do not require keys anymore) a ship recall rune is placed into your bank the first time you place it, and you can also create unlimited copies by marking a new rune while standing on your ship.

Last edited:

Bsrlin

Adventurer
Ok, thank you. What with the account having been inactive for an extended period as it was I'm happy I have the ship at least, and will mark new runes.

Thank you for your time and assistance.