• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

*sheds a tear*

T

Trelin

Thinking back to a time when there was no split in the worlds, where the trees of the land, were not stripped of the leaves that feed on the sun... Before Trammel... there was Paws.

If any of you remember me - Davarious - Shea to some. I have come back to the game, and I have shed a tear for the end of a place that used to be home to me. The starting point for any hunt, and the starting point of my love for roleplaying.

Paws of Pacific... Having been back a month and stopped by many times to just be in a place I remember so well, from nearly 10 years ago...

I figured I would share this with you. The wayback machine allows us to view things that were. I was Shea, I stand on the stage in this photo between two counselors. I was dressed as an orc for the Halloween party I ran. The night before the IGMs blessed the tower in preparation for the event.
Paws Tower...

This is a small part of the crowd, at peak we had over 100 people present.

Any of my old friends around from Spiels and Rants? Foghorn Leghorn? Grayson? Are you out there?

K

Karthcove

"I grabbed my trusty longsword of might..."

Ahh, great times

Karth
GM, Knights of HellFire [KHF]

G

Wow, that page was something else.

I remember a lot of names there.. Ash and Sarlock, the DEA (Whom AYL LOVED to give a hard time), ElF... no articles on BUB tho.
LOL...

Anywho, was nice to read. 2001 time stamps.... seems like an age ago.

C

Cybrdragon

Wow, lots of memories. Seems like this current world is a mere shadow of those times.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I have seen much on the west coast shards - and I left some time ago for other pastures.

Recently, another vet gave up her accounts to me - she has played all these years (from 1997!) and has finally decided to hang up her UO addicitons - but couldn't bear to delete her accounts. During a discussion on the "good ol' days" of fleeing the Bloodrock (other server) and worshipping the Yew Militia (yet another server) - she asked if I would be interested in playing UO again. I told her I had deleted everything and didn't want to start from raw again (although now I see I should) - she handed me her accounts.

So, here I am, exploring - and wondering what happened to the activity and the role playing I had love from 1999 to 2003? Every server, is almost dead?

I am hoping to find some role players on a west-coast shard who are serious and not just using it for an excuse for warring. I am willing to xfer shards - and to setup with a community - not just a guild or two.

And no, I do not use any outside chat program - and rarely use forums as such. Everything necessary is in UO.

Are my expectations too high? Is role play lost to UO?

Should I follow my friend and leave?

[/ QUOTE ]

You can always join the Pacific RP Community. In general, Pacific activity has fluctuated, going from periods of inactivity to periods of great activity. Lately, we've been focussing on being more consistent, holding an event every Tuesdays. The events change, sometimes being a quest event which furthers a storyline to RP Hunts or RP Champ Spawns. Just this evening, we did a champ spawn with the story that it was a gathering of Shadowlord armies in Ilshenar which had ties to previous events we had done. At any rate, you can drop me a PM here at Stratics if you've an interest and would learn more.

M

Maik

Bringing this post back from the dead!

Maik here, Co-Founder of the Counsel of Paws and the Paws Tavern, which amazingly is still standing today - with my forge outside and everything. Although, it used to say "Maik's Forge" and that's missing.

Annnnywayyy. Any other ancient players lured back by the free month to check things out? Anyone know what happened to my partner in crime and the true diehard of Paws, Sarah?

-Maik, Original Grandmaster Smith of Pacific

L

Luna Rossa

Welcome back!

First I must tell you that when I did my Felucca tour, Paws Tavern, along with the explanation of the town that once surrounded the area the information I believe I was given by a Shea or someone like that, was one of my stops along with many of the other great locations.

I do believe that with some of the returning veterans that I have had join SAGE recently some may be quite familiar with the area and townsfolk from there.

Perhaps you would like to post something on our pubic forums on the www.uoforums.com site. You will find us under Pacific Guilds. We are the Society of Ancestral Guardian Elders. That is also a spot where other role-players that are in the alliance may see it as well.

Welcome back once again and if there is anything SAGE can do for you please let us know.

Lady Luna Rossa, guildmistress of SAGE