• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Sharing my results

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't negate the negative penalty from the focus gem, but it helps minimize the effect.
Did just try for myself against test dummy niporailem.
Used a diamond mace ,100 di + undead slayer + perfection nearly negates malus.
The same + eoo do completly negate it.
Not a single hit above 300 di cap, weapon specials didnt change that. Im still a bit confused about that, as i remember a statement from logrus that you can go above cap, but my own tests did never show that.
Maybe focus gems stack only with lumberjacking bonus?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think we're talking about the same thing, and your post just confused me.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. What i want to find out is if the bonus damage from focus gem gives an advantage in pvm if you are already at 300% damage cap. For me it seems to do nothing.
You seem to use them on some weapons, and maybe you did find out something in combination with lumberjacking.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok. What i want to find out is if the bonus damage from focus gem gives an advantage in pvm if you are already at 300% damage cap. For me it seems to do nothing.
You seem to use them on some weapons, and maybe you did find out something in combination with lumberjacking.
Yes, it does exceed the 300% cap.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk how are you getting 45 DCI & HCI and 100% damage increase without having any of the mods on your weapon? I'm rebuilding my suit and I can't figure out how to get there. I can get 45 DCI / 30 HCI and 100 DI but I can't get the last 15 HCI unless I put it on the weapon.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lynk how are you getting 45 DCI & HCI and 100% damage increase without having any of the mods on your weapon? I'm rebuilding my suit and I can't figure out how to get there. I can get 45 DCI / 30 HCI and 100 DI but I can't get the last 15 HCI unless I put it on the weapon.
On this particular suit, 5 HCI on 1 heartwood piece, 15 on ring, 15 on brace, and 10 from faction primer.

silent

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, with M&S and 4 pieces of heartwood armor this is as close as I can get to 45/45/100 without having a faction item.

DCI/HCI/DI
Ring/Brace 30/30/50
Primer 0/0/20
4x Woodland 0/15/10
tinker legs 0/0/10
Corgul sash 5/0/0
conjurer garb 5/0/0
quiver 5/0/0

45/45/90

I kept the tinker legs in the mix since I need 40 ssi to keep my double axe swinging at max if my stamina drops and if I use a hatchet with no SSI on it, the 10 ssi from the legs keep me swigning at max if my stamina drops some.