• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Wide Net Toss....With a twist!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am sure a lot of you remember the MT Net Toss event that has been held almost a year ago. If not, you an read it here! (click here)

Sadly this wont be an MT Net Toss....But a joint effort of:
Keepers of the Tower [K T]
Society of Rogue Elites [S*RE]
Covenant of The Dark Moon [CTDM]
The Baja Roleplaying & Event Alliance [BRPA]

This will also be slightly different than MT. I once told you all many months ago that big things will be coming to the lands of Baja, and it is long overdue! I will keep my promise to you all, BUT....I cannot do this alone like I thought I could, I need everyone's help.

To do this event, I need as many fishing nets as I can get my hands onto. My goal is to have 'at least' 50 white nets and hopefully 10 green (or other colors mixed in) nets to every 1 white net.
I personally made a fisher JUST to be able to do this event for Baja but getting fishing nets is hard work.
If you or anyone you know can donate any fishing nets to this event it would be a huge step closer to getting this pulled off.

I will not say what the "twist" is, but like I said months ago, I will bring back something that Baja has rarely seen in a very long time. If you'd like to donate any fishing nets please let me know here on this thread, or ICQ me at 51507530

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
'Tis past time for me to make a fisherman again. I've always liked the idea of a fisherman named Lady Go Diva so this post is just the push I needed to do it. See you on the high seas.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor

To help with the computer killing event, I purpose that we have a series of group fishing events where our fishermen and fisherwomen get together and sails the seas. Any nets gotten from the events would go to the computer killing event. This could also work for getting MIB's and fishing up the ones that you have taking up space in your house.

WildStar

I

Ivan - MT

This was one of my favorite killing events I was ever a part of. I hope your version is as entertaining for you as it was for me.

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
My fisher's name is Master Baiter.

...what?
*shakes head*

Oh....we can hold the fishing events in Felucca, SuperKen. Don't know if people know it but you get 20% more fame then normal for killing monsters in Felucca.

WildStar

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

Is it official then, will this be held in Felucca, in Trammel, or in both???

Elladan

WildStar

UO Baja News Reporter
Reporter
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Nothing has been decided about the fishing part of the event, but I am sure that it can easily be held in both Felucca and Trammel so all who want to participate can.

WildStar

G

Give'R The Onion

I dont see any real interest in raiding a fishing trip so why not gain the 20% spoken about above and hold it in Fel?

How does this whole fishing thing work anyhow? Are there designated areas that are better for fishing than others or is it a luck of the draw type thing? Additionally, what are the benefits to creating a fisherman? What are some of the major rewards from a loot standpoint?

Thanks,
Onion

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alright everyone!
This saturday if everyone would be able to pick up their fishing poles and meet at the Moonglow bank (tram side) at 3pm PST we can set sail and fish to our hearts content!
We'll set up the boats with 2-3 fishers, depending on how many people show up.
You DO NOT have to be GM fisher to be able to get nets and mibs so come on and join the fun!
And anyone who gets my boat, I can insure you that there will be fun a plenty!

Also, I'd like to thank Airhaun, Ori, Bucko, Nicholas the Old, WildStar and I know im forgetting someone else...But thank you for donating green nets!

And special thanks to the most evil and naughty woman on Baja, the Mistress of the Dark Tower, Lady Cymidei Fier for donating 4(?) white nets!

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont see any real interest in raiding a fishing trip so why not gain the 20% spoken about above and hold it in Fel?

How does this whole fishing thing work anyhow? Are there designated areas that are better for fishing than others or is it a luck of the draw type thing? Additionally, what are the benefits to creating a fisherman? What are some of the major rewards from a loot standpoint?

Thanks,
Onion
Hiya Onion man!
You actually just fish where ever you want, its harder to fish in the open sea than it is along the shore and so you can pull up sea serpents and such out in the big blue.
and sadly it is the luck of the draw hehe, fisher(wo)men can fish up MIBs/S.O.S's which can give you the more rare nets which can spawn a big bad guy. For rare collectors they're neat. The anchor that you can get is worth 10-15mil alone =P
Also you can fish up white pearls which are needed for crafting stuff.

SuperKen

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might as well do it on the Tram side. There'll be more participants and who knows what could happen in Fel?

Better safe than sorry.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might as well do it on the Tram side. There'll be more participants and who knows what could happen in Fel?

Better safe than sorry.
I sort of like the idea of fishing in Fel ... Put a few fishers on each boat, then some 'protectors'. Mix it up and make it an interesting challenge. I'd even take my fishing off the soulstone! Of course, one of the fishers would have to be in control of the boat so some fishing actually gets done. :D

G

Give'R The Onion

Better safe than sorry.
[Evil narrator voice] Whats this, Superken promoting the Trammel facet for the fishing trip? Does this mean that Superken is partaking in the fishing trip and is worried that his "outdoorsman" will not survive the high tide. Or, is this a way to prevent him from deploying his selfish red ways and foiling the un-tained plans of the trip? [end evil narrator voice]

Oh, um, anyhow it sounds fun! hehe

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sort of like the idea of fishing in Fel ... Put a few fishers on each boat, then some 'protectors'. Mix it up and make it an interesting challenge. I'd even take my fishing off the soulstone! Of course, one of the fishers would have to be in control of the boat so some fishing actually gets done. :D
I'm with Sara...spice it up a bit and have it in fel, or at least some of it.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If anyone wants to go to fel than I am more than happy to be the one to lead the boat into the dangerous waters.
*hugs fel*

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love the idea of going to Fel for fishing. It'll add a little danger and intrigue to the experience.

It's been a few years since I had a fisherman but from what I remember, you can get nets which are used to pull up sea monsters for battle. There are also the SOS scrolls that are like treasure maps on the sea. That's where the pillows, paintings, etc. are given as loot. I know there are more things but it's been a while so hopefully, someone else can add to the list. Hope it helps.

My fisher's name is Master Baiter.

...what?
I know some will say, "Don't encourage him, Mama" but I just can't help it. "Master!" I said, "All hands on deck!!!".

Xel The Wanderer

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*prays to the Sake Goddess*

Please make it a nude net toss...*oum, oum, oum*

*meditates on the foibles of nudity and chafing* :danceb:

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's a link to the Stratics Fishing information, http://uo.stratics.com/content/skills/fishing.shtml, which contains the following information and more:

- The higher your skill the higher your chance of catching something more valuable than a normal fish. The skills mentioned above (please use the Fishing link) are minimum skills needed to fish up the corresponding item.
- Tests show that a Grandmaster Fisherman pulls up a special item (a net, a message in a bottle or a treasure map) about five times per hour. To reach that he has to fish non-stop, which means he has to cast about 280 times per hour.
- When fishing in "deep water" (which means you must be at least 14 tiles away from all land and server lines) there is a chance a sea-serpent pops up if you are fishing with 80+ skill and you fail.
- The minimum required skill level to catch *anything* in deep water is 65.
- An SOS message gives you some coordinates at sea. Sail to there and start fishing to retrieve sunken treasure.
- When fishing up tresure chests, for each cast with the fishing rod there is a 25% chance to fish up bones or body parts, a 25% chance to fish up shells, barrel staves, globes etc., a 25% chance to fish up paintings, broken clocks etc. and a 25% chance to fish up the actual treasure chest.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know some will say, "Don't encourage him, Mama" but I just can't help it. "Master!" I said, "All hands on deck
Mama you are determined to make me spit out everything today!! The cats happy though, he got a piece of cheese. lol

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*BUMP*
Don't forget! meeting at Moonglow bank at 3pm PST TOMORROW! [Saturday 8/15/09]

Mama Faith

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot! I just made my fisherman a couple days ago so she's not ready to take out to sea. If I get her GM'd before the net toss, I'll be sure to save any nets I get for the event.

Ceno of MT

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shoot! I just made my fisherman a couple days ago so she's not ready to take out to sea. If I get her GM'd before the net toss, I'll be sure to save any nets I get for the event.
Mama, the net toss is a long ways away, we need the nets first hehe. Elladan has offered to donate 20 white nets for the event tho!
my big dream is to have 100 white nets, but if i get to 50 and it seems like its taking too long to get 100, ill be fine with 50 =P

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bleh I may or may not be able to come, will do my best tho.

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll show upwith 2-3 white nets and see if its going tram or fel. I can never get anyone to help me with white nets and i was slowing selling em all.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll show upwith 2-3 white nets and see if its going tram or fel. I can never get anyone to help me with white nets and i was slowing selling em all.
I think we're to meet to today to fish up more nets ... regular and the white ... for the big event (date and place for the big net toss to be announced after enough nets are gathered).

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mama, the net toss is a long ways away, we need the nets first hehe. Elladan has offered to donate 20 white nets for the event tho!
my big dream is to have 100 white nets, but if i get to 50 and it seems like its taking too long to get 100, ill be fine with 50 =P
Hail Folks,

I believe I have 20 white nets and 49 green nets; all will be made available for the main event. Somewhere I have mibs stored in a chest...if ever I am able to find them.

Elladan

Voluptuous

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh gotcha...ok I found 2 white nets...no greens atm, so I'll grab Vol for fishin and healin :)

Also popped all my MIBs...no white sos :p

wups 3 pm pst? wupsie i missed it...I thought it was 9 pm for some reason