• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shard Transfers

• Thread starter LoL/Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
L

LoL/Sonoma

Guys,

Has there been any talk from Devs of shard transfers (i didnt see it currently available)? I started playing UO at or near launch and quit in late 2006. Lately I've been looking for a good crafter-sandbox and it seems UO is STILL the only game in town.

I wouldn't mind jumping back in to UO for a bit but it seems that Sonoma is low/no population. Would be nice to see severs merge (housing headaches aside) or at least the ability to transfer to a more active server, assuming there is one.

Thanks!
-LoL

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh, there are shard x-fer tokens you can buy from the uogamecode store (or whatever it's called)

L

LoL/Sonoma

Any suggestions on the most active shard/community? Am I right in reading Sonoma is on the low pop end or is that pretty much everything now?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma is pretty low population. Not really sure what to suggest.
Atlantic perhaps?

Post a thread in UHall asking about the populated shards. You will get good suggestions there :)

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is probably the most populated server, followed by Great Lakes. If you want to see how many folks are playing during your play time, log onto UO and when the server list comes up hit the % full button.

The server list will be shown from least populated to most populated. You can also check your average ping that way too. Checking the population, over the course of a few days, ought to give you a pretty good idea of which one you might prefer to transfer to.

Hope that helps,
Q

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Atlantic is probably the most populated server, followed by Great Lakes. If you want to see how many folks are playing during your play time, log onto UO and when the server list comes up hit the % full button.

The server list will be shown from least populated to most populated. You can also check your average ping that way too. Checking the population, over the course of a few days, ought to give you a pretty good idea of which one you might prefer to transfer to.

Hope that helps,
Q
There is a % full button???
Wow, I never knew that :D

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i dont understand why people keep posting about shard mergers.

if ya wanna play on a shard where ya have to wait in line to kill a monster, then go play on one of the buisy shards.

personally i like not having to take a number and wait for my turn at the killing fields.

and until youve tryed to pvp with 100 people on your screen you dont know what lag is!!!

bah, you round earthers.
leave us be!

(if your looking for population you need to look at east coast servers.
atl is top followed GL then LS. west coast Pac is the big boy, but that said, compared to the big east coast servers its nothing, small shard sonoma is very active, as far as small shards go. shards to stay away from that are dead dead DEAD are ones like Origin and LA, dont get me wrong, some nice people there but you can go days without seeing anyone)

L

LoL/Sonoma

Poo - It is about wanting there to be enough people on when you play that you actually see other players. I'd really like to run some dungeons and socialize with some other players. IF there are only 100 people on at any given time UO will feel VERY empty.

Frankly it is more about finding an active community. If i could find 20-30 other players that tended to play when i played i wouldn't care if there were thousands more. Hopefully when I log back in this weekend I'll find an active community on Sonoma, since ive been there since launch, but if not it would make sense to find a server with one.

Cheers
-LoL

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
your exactlly right.
its all about finding a group of people that have the same play style that you do AND play the same time you do.

and you can find those on any shard if you look.

im sure if you went out and had a look around youd find like minded people on at your time.
i know ive run into people at all hours of the day and night, and some ive even let live!

i know, im getting soft in my old age.

*sigh*

L

LoL/Sonoma

Well that said, I'm back in game, got my 18x18 customized yesterday (and realized all my ingots and leather went with the old house and I'll have to refarm both) and am looking for an active community. Anyone/guilds run regular Thunts, leather runs, dungeon stomps etc and looking for a rusty old vet to tag along?

LoL/Myst

B

Braun

Well that said, I'm back in game, got my 18x18 customized yesterday (and realized all my ingots and leather went with the old house and I'll have to refarm both) and am looking for an active community. Anyone/guilds run regular Thunts, leather runs, dungeon stomps etc and looking for a rusty old vet to tag along?

LoL/Myst
Lee?

If this is the very one and the same Myst that I know, I have some of your stuff my man. I have Gluttony's personal bless deed, etc ... I heard this very moment at a champ spawn from a mutual friend that they had seen you ... oh happy day !!!

Now that that is over, can I just say ??? whoo HOOOOOOO be glad to get ya some things to get started going again. You may be impressed at how some things have changed, yet so many remain simply the same...

Can't wait to see you .....