• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shame level 4 loot needs a bump up.

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Specifically the Burning Mage Lords and "____ the crazy" mages on level 5. These guys had some of the best loot pre-global loot change as they are very hard to kill.

Currently The Mage lords loot is over populated with scrolls and reagents - which seems to be limiting the magical loot quantity and quality. Also the loot properties intensities are to low for the difficulty of the monster.

Btw, I'm enjoying the new changes and looking forward to the doom content!

Last edited:

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yeah level 4 has the eternal gazers i believe. Feel free to bump that loot too

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I agree with the loot bump but can understand not bumping it. Uev's are pretty easy to take down. Just alota hps. EGs are pretty easy due to the setup. Want to make things intersting at the EGs... just remove the doors muhahahaha

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you would think an Eternal Gazer with magic abilities would be able to open a simple door.
cast Generate Slapping Arms and open the door ... (or slap yer fellow Gazer in the puss)

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you would think an Eternal Gazer with magic abilities would be able to open a simple door.
cast Generate Slapping Arms and open the door ... (or slap yer fellow Gazer in the puss)
On Atlantic there are no doors locking the gazers in!

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Now see as much as that would screw with one of my favorite haunts... i wouldnt mind that at all

Eärendil

Legendary Mall Santa
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank god I dont have to go down there anymore to get the good stuff. Shame was soooo boring and inhabited 24/7 by the same people. No offense. But now, you can get good stuff virtually everywhere. So, why do you kill your time with complaints here? GO OUT AND HUNT ELSEWHERE! Sosaria is great! :p

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been hunting everything I can find, making notes what gives the best loot. That's fun to me. Fighting a very difficult monster and having the loot reward be poop is something I'm going to post about. Especially after a loot revamp. The Dev team may not know about the Mage lords loot table is dropping so many scrolls and reagents.

btw, no offense, SHAME IS ONE OF THE LAST PLACES I'VE HUNTED SINCE THE PATCH! Sosaria is great! gfy. :p

Goodmann

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the new loot has nerfed cov,shame and deciet. Why fight super hard monsters for less loot? I mentioned this several months ago. Just let the dust collect on those dungeons and well get a revamp soon

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Looking at eternal gazers and UEV loot nowadays is quite sad.
A bump is definitely needed for those.
I hit like on this because I miss the old UEVs. But on the other hand, I figured they made the change deliberately to move us away from UEVs and onto something new. Like, "OK, people, we came up with all this new stuff we want you to see, so we're making UEVs less interesting so you'll get out and play somewhere else." Sorta like a parent kicking the kid off the Xbox to go play outside.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For my unravel needs, I have been killing Lurg.
He is easier than UEVs, dies much faster, spawns so much faster and has great loot. The karma loss from Grobbu can be dealt with by doing trade quests.

But I do miss the UEVs having decent looking loot.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
one drawback of painted caves is it doesnt spawn splintering from as far as i can tell. its good for clean jewels, once in a while a useable brittle arty but nothing amazing. spent about 3 hours total there, not one splintering weapon, best thing i got was a 10ssi 8lmc bracelet.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Aye. I am using a Bushido Paladin. 120 swords, tactics, anatomy, chiv, bush, parrying.
I use a 100% fire repond slayer bladed staff, honour him and AI him to death. Or momentum strike when grobbu and some trogs are all over me as well for some extra life and mana leech.
Way too easy. When I am feeling frisky, I do that in Fel for extra property weight.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ill have to try just lurg next time i go there. i killed him a few times but mostly just killed massive amounts of trogs.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
This is good to hear, chances for different types of loot from different monsters - puts some study back into hunting

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hit Titans with high luck for decent jewels. Think I'm going to pop over to Miasma and see what kinda goodies drop.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hit Titans with high luck for decent jewels. Think I'm going to pop over to Miasma and see what kinda goodies drop.
I've killed hundreds of em with 1500 or so luck since the change - not impressed - let us know if you find out differently

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is good to hear, chances for different types of loot from different monsters - puts some study back into hunting
I like this. I hope the dev team keep tweaking loot tables to drop different types of loot from different monsters in the future.

I farmed ww's in fel for two days using a bush/paly with 1250 luck and looted (1) 1fc/3fcr ring, (3) 1fc/3fcr bracelets. I also pulled a ton of armor that I destroyed trying to enhance.

I spent about the same amount of time at swoop with a bard with 1600 luck and only pulled (1) 1fc/3fcr ring. I also pulled a ton of armor that will soon be destroyed trying to enhance it.

I also been trying out the skeletal dragons and drakes in Ish, and at the Doom bell with my bush/paly warrior. Only (1) 1fc/3fcr ring and (2) 1fc/3fcr bracelets. Looted some nice 10% SSI shields and a few warrior type jewelry.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Miasma loot is completely unimpressive.

Then I do not understand the logic under which the new loot spawns....

I mean, Miasma is a higher MoB as compared to, for example, Titans or several other, so, how come higher MoBs have lower loot ?

There is no linear pattern as to how loot generates ? It is random ?

So, what do people hunt these days then to get the good loot ?

Lug

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I mean, Miasma is a higher MoB as compared to, for example, Titans or several other, so, how come higher MoBs have lower loot ?

Basically all dragons in fel seem to give good loot with a luck suit of 1250+ on my bush/paly warrior. Remember Fel gives ya an extra 1000 luck. The Shadow Wyrms gave me the worst loot out of the dragon types. Swoop has been dropping some decent loot for my bard.

My next stop is the gauntlet to see what the doom bosses are dropping.

drcossack

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
On Atlantic there are no doors locking the gazers in!
Or on LS. At least in Tram.

Basically all dragons in fel seem to give good loot with a luck suit of 1250+ on my bush/paly warrior. Remember Fel gives ya an extra 1000 luck. The Shadow Wyrms give me the worst loot out of the dragon types. Swoop has been dropping some decent loot for my bard.

My next stop is the gauntlet to see what the doom bosses are dropping.
Pretty good stuff. High fame monsters are what you need to kill, and bosses are no exception.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

My experience with titans - even paragons - has been even worse than miasmas
EDIT: Somebody said they got some pretty nice stuff off mel and maybe navery - I haven't tried peerless since the change

Last edited:

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I did some Navrey runs yesterday. Decent stuff out of her, aye.
Still, best usable stuff I've got was a lesser artifact bracelet with int 10, mi 4, mr 3, fcr 3, lmc 10, SDI 15 that I pried from the dead fingers of a White Wyrm in Fel Ice. They usually give out some decent stuff.

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
i think they reduced miasma loot based on what it already give ( chest and treasure maps level6 ) and also respawn so fast. It it a good thing imo that the loot is not impressive considering also the seconds it take to kill it...

Quickblade

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think balrons in blackthorn could be a good hunting spot, fast respawn, hight fame monster and chance for minax arties drop but I am not gonna give my best spots , its like a fisher who never give his best fishing spots :p

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I used to use blood elementals in Shame to train pets and collect the loot to mostly unravel but would once in a while get a piece worth selling. Since the loot update their loot is worthless for either unraveling or selling and there is a lot less of it. I've been getting better loot off dragons in destard and they are infinitely easier to kill than a blood ellie in Shame.

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think balrons in blackthorn could be a good hunting spot, fast respawn, hight fame monster and chance for minax arties drop but I am not gonna give my best spots , its like a fisher who never give his best fishing spots :p
done that.. decent drops but not that wonderful spawn is so fast no time to loot haha

spent a few full days and not one minax item i get more on a hell hound heh

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
done that.. decent drops but not that wonderful spawn is so fast no time to loot haha

spent a few full days and not one minax item i get more on a hell hound heh
That was my experience as well. They really need to increase the Minax Artie drop rate throughout the dungeon.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I just finished a Fel Mel run.
Holy cow, just how many items she has on her body? We were in 3, and for my instance of the body, she had 63 items. I couldn't finish sorting through them before the body went public!

And yes, very high intensity loot on her body. Good luck finding something usable, but it unravels like a charm. Got about 50 relics from a 60+ items bag that I gathered from her body.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

because your looking for 2 kinds of loot.

single mod non imbuable properties like stam or swing speed, or overcapped properties like 20hci. finding this stuff is good on lowish level stuff. because you can kill the stuff so fast (like trogs say around 50 per min) theres also better chance because of numbers of a bumped up brittle piece.

high end loot - this is mostly where the armor comes from. 6-11 properties that compliment each other. this comes from high end mobs, but you also need to kill them fast. shadow wyrms, ancient wryms, peerless. stuff like that.

swoops / miasmas loot table seem to be "medium" and you cant really kill them fast enough to get anything good, cause only 1 spawn at a time and they dont die in 2or3 hits.

This is how it was before as well, but the negatives are so useable that you can "bump up" to a slightly higher loot table than before and not have to worry about negatives.

The problem with this of course, is that eventually loot wont be worth much at all unless is utterly remarkable. Maybe that was the devs intention, to have loot worthless unless your using it yourself. Farming strictly for loot may become a thing of the past within a few months.