• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shaman and Hunter Changes to AP in WotLK

WoWNews

RSS Feed
RSS Feed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Shamans and Hunters seem to have an undocumented but confirmed change in the upcoming expansion to how Attack Power is generated and will be an extreme deciding factor in how both classes choose to gear in the future for DPS.
Beta user Malan makes this observation:
I happened to roll my mouse over the Agility line of the
char screen and was surprised that it says I'm gettting 250 Attack
Power from Agility and I definitely have more AP than I do on live with
the same gear. (I am not spec'd into Mental Dexterity so its not
Intellect doing it)
Anyone able to verify this?
For reference: with my full kit on my AP shows 1888. I remove the exalted hyjal ring (29 Agility and 60 AP).
My AP on the char sheet drops to 1799, a difference of 89. 29 + 60 = 89. Its definitely giving me AP for my agility.*
Further quirkiness: Only getting 1 AP from strength.
I think Blizzard just fundamentally changed our class and didn't tell us. =(
Blizzard Class Designer Koraa responded with this information:
Sorry about that, it should of been in the patch
notes. The idea is for DPS mail (with AGI and AP) to be viable for both
Hunters and Shaman. Strength is mostly now only a stat for Death
Knights, Warriors and Ret Paladins.
So there you have it. People who have hunters or shamans might want to reconsider what type of enchantments and gems they purchase before the expansion is released.

More...