• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadowlords, straighten up and ready weapons!

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to all members of the Shadowlords faction, this announcement from the Herald:

Massively Evil Event
Chrissay Zeeman
23 Mar 2009 17:19:06
This weekend’s massively evil event will require that you be in the Shadowlords faction if you wish to take part. Please remember if you are going to leave your current faction and join the Shadowlords that you should plan ahead as it will take 72 hours to leave your current faction. If you do not want to change factions or if you miss out on the time frame don’t worry, we will have another event for everyone in the near future. Additional details regarding the event will be coming soon.

there's a really long thread on UHall about it (with all the normal crabbing and complaining) if further clarifications are needed

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont get why they would make you have to join the SL faction. Shouldnt the other factions be able to stop the SL and still gain rewards/items or what not?

Lord Cuda

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not straightening up (ie. cleaning my house ) no matter who the heck is coming! :lick:

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is okay, they wouldnt do you much good anyways. I mean between my blaze and inane banter, what could you do?

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I notice from the guide listing that we have the honor of being the first shard to experience the "Cloak and Dagger" event.

Legends Saturday 5 p.m. EST

tread carefully good paladins!

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Dang that means when won't have the walkthru we had for the last one, Kryptman new the play by play cause he went to other shards and did it b4 we did it over here so knew when what was coming and when to yell "Start Grabbing" for the event items lol.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Lord Sergonar finds a lone paladin in Trinsic and stands watch with her*

(I hope to see lots of pics/stories from factioneers who attend)

T

Tovladian Soltyr

According to an informant of mine it went down a little like this.

Nosfentor sent word to his minions, The Shadowlords, to gather at a secret location that could only be ventured into through the means of a dark magic gate in their headquarters. After Nosfentor's minions gathered they sent their servant Melissa (A Familiar face) to lead the Shadowlords onward to their mission.

What was their mission, this task that would surely lead to mass chaos in the lands. Clanin's death, that was their mission, to slay the great mage of Britian!

And it is with a heavy heart that I announce that the shadowlords were successful in their mission *frowns*.

After the dirty deed was done by the shadowlords, Melissa gleefully pranced around placing chunks of blackrock in strategic locations around the Paladin's hall. Then she giggled like a school girl as she stepped out from the building to watch along side the Shadowlords as the building blew up sky high in ruins and "Rubble".

My informant was able to gather up a few pieces of what remained of Trinsics once proud Paladin hall. Here are some sketches of what he brought back to me.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am very upset.... Clainin dead?? it's not supposed to happen that way!! did Clainin speak at all?

T

Tovladian Soltyr

My informant tells me there were roughly 15-18 Shadow lords in attendance, not including Melissa and her little croweny Andrew (Seems to be some sort of Prophet or Soothsayer). Some formed together in their own guilds, others running solo under the Shadowlord name. A few True Brits and some Council of Mages showed up to do their best to help defend Clainin, unfortunately it was to no avail. Some of the shadowlords even turned on each other after the mission to slay Clainin was over.

And my good Ma'am Dev, it sarrows me to say that Clainin didn't get to say a whole lot other then "No, what are you doing here, this cannot be." and "This isn't the way this was suppose to end".

The faction of CoM did camp around the shadowlord registration stone preventing future shadowlords, however perhaps those few would have been better spent defending Clainin.

My informant was also able to get one of the soldiers weapons here is a sketch...

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"This isn't the way this was suppose to end"

hmm ... I have sensed a divergence from the original prophecies ... this would seem to confirm my concerns.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sad news, then, dear Tov.... my thanks to your brave informant

Maplestone, I am so very confused now, and in need of someone to sort this all out, as it certainly is not the way events had been envisioned by our house.... might Lord Sergonar have some thoughts about the death of Clainin?

T

Tovladian Soltyr

Why indeed...Why would "our" king see fit to place Clainin in an area where murders, scoundrels, thieves, and cold blooded souls live? That was asking for him to be slain no matter how many guards you post to man the stations. Casca may be my kinsmen, but he is not acting with the intellect that we are known to be superior for. I myself am beginning questioning his ways, I was excited to see one of my brother'n become the king of Britain...however it now leaves a bitter taste and a stagnate odor in the air. The fact that he lied about the slaying of the Crimson dragon was bad enough, but now to "defend" one of the worlds greatest wizards in Felucca where it would be even harder to defend him?

Everything is quite confusing to say the least.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I admit to a terrier-like quality.... I worry a thing til I get what I want out of it :D

in reading various reports of the assault and assassination of Clainin there was mention of him speaking in the language of the wisps... now, I have known some who are proficient at understanding the wisp language, but, to my knowledge, it is impossible for the human voice to form the sounds of the wisps

knowing also that our friendly blue lights have a much darker cousin, the Shadow Wisps, and that they all are capable magicians, here is my latest thought on this matter....

Clainin lives.... what was sacrificed was a misguided shadow wisp (most likely on promises from our 'king' Casca of glory and riches) in human form

while I still have uncertainties about Clainin's loyalties (stemming from his appearance of friendship with the Dark Strangers in old Haven) he remains the last member of the Royal Council, and I very much would like to hear his side of things regarding the destruction of Haven and the emergence of the Shadowlords, Time Lords, Crimson and Platinum Dragons