• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow Wyrm Stats Poll **Needs Love**

Shadow Wyrm Stats

• Total voters

Please Dont

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it me or anyone else really bummed we finally get to tame something we have been wanting too since the 2000's. The really good news is they gave us the ability to tame the ever so feared Shadow Wyrm's BUT they gave us the stats from the 2000's lol.

Please take the poll and add some comments about the poor poor Shadow Wyrm. I wont even start with the Dragon Wolf he can be Gimped for another 10 Years lol.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I was bummed... I wanted one forever and then I get it and he's so lame.

Question though has anyone seen it does it Animate dead or have they removed that from it's abilities?

Jibbed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
im still holding on to the hope that i can find one that spawns as 4 slot so i can at least get 1 level increase out of it.

Turbo

Adventurer
With str that high they wont come as 4 slot. I did find a 4 slot when the pub was new on the tc but just like a 4 slot gd it couldnt be trained. If we could get 1 training round in to up their resists to match every other pet ingame and scroll a few skills and maybe add 1 or 200 hp they would be an awesome pet.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
With str that high they wont come as 4 slot. I did find a 4 slot when the pub was new on the tc but just like a 4 slot gd it couldnt be trained. If we could get 1 training round in to up their resists to match every other pet ingame and scroll a few skills and maybe add 1 or 200 hp they would be an awesome pet.
Early on in the Pub 97 testing on TC, i did see one person that had a Shadow Wyrm that they leveled and added AI to, so it had obviously spawned as a 4 slot. That was before they removed their subjugation upon tame though, so the max they were taming out at was 515 STR/300 Health. Now, with 900-1,030 STR and 560-600 Health, 4 slots is most definitely impossible for them. Especially when you put all their Skills (Necro/SS) on top of that.
Shadow Wyrms are being held back from being one of the top damage dealers, by their Corpse Skin casting (their melee does 75% Physical/25% Cold Damage), and they max out at GM Wrest. If Shadow Wyrms would stop casting Corpse Skin, and could hit 120 Wrest, they'd be a Top 3-5 Damage Dealer pet.

Jove

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't mind trying to find that uber Shadow Wyrm like I did for the Greater Dragons but only if the hit points would be higher and the resists. Everything else I can understand why it's at 5 slots. I've always wanted a Shadow Wyrm, they've claimed my life quicker than any dragon. Where is the love?

redman2k

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was really looking forward to taming one of these suckers too, but since you can't train them I skipped them.

What I'd really like them to do instead of just this one pet adjustment is...
  • All tameables can spawn +/- 1 slot level (stats adjusted accordingly)
  • If a tameable is a min or max slot, their slot is not adjusted but their training points / stats are
    • a "0" slot pet is still a 1 slot pet, its stats/skills are super low but you get more than 1501 training points on its first level
      • Side note, when I trained some timber wolves, I believe they got 1800 training points for their first level instead of 1501
    • a "6" slot pet is still a 5 slot pet, but its stats/skills are highly over capped. Should be harder for a legendary tamer to control
    • Probably need to display something on the animal lore gump to display them 1 (weak) => 5 or 5 (powerful)
    • Additionally, loot tables could also be bumped or dropped as well. A "6" slot greater dragon on average would give better loot than a 5 slot
  • Tameables that typically don't have access to certain magical abilities may spawn with said ability
    • if I keep farming bears one may spawn with the ability to learn chivalry or the ability to learn necromancy
  • Tameables may have their max slot adjusted higher
Just ideas though, that would be a lot or work for their dev team and I'm sure they want to be done with working on taming.