• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Shadow reward cloth different hue?

• Thread starter Turdnugget
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
T

Turdnugget

I've had this question in my head ever since I came back to UO... when I quit in 2005, shadow(dark grey) reward cloth, evil mage cloth etc... had a nice hue to it, it was rich and you could see the line definitions etc...

I dunno if it's my video card(in game setting?) or they did something to the coding, but it doesn't look the same anymore. It almost looks as though it's a color you could get with a dye tub.

Does anyone know what i'm talking about? I can get a screenshot if need be.

Just curious as I loved the old look of evil mage clothing/dark grey reward cloth, but the hue seems really different now.

T

Turdnugget

I know they're not the same hue... but they both seem to have changed. Dunno why. They used to look cool, but on my desktop and both of my laptops, they look like crap. Just a regular dark grey dyed item...

They don't have that crisp look anymore =/

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You maybe should fiddle with your settings. I played UO forever and my stuff was set so dark I could barely make out tailor bods in my backpack, and don't get me started on going through a dungeon without nightsight. :p

T

Turdnugget

Hmm... I just find it weird that it's the same on 3 different machines =/

I'll get a screenshot so people can see what i'm talking about.