• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

* Sets up a Late ABM *

CaesarDoP

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Walks into the Hall and Looks for all his Friends. Fills His Mug with Seattle's Best and Sits By the Window.*

Hello every one, I have no clue how to get my Sig back, so I will just post the Story of the ABM here and maybe Someone will help me out. In Memory of sallie RIP My Friend

*Finds a comfortable chair and tries to remember the details *

A long time ago, before T2A people would gather here at U-Hall every day. They would ask questions and tell of tails. But not before Frenna would set up a Coffee Pot for any and all to enjoy.

Soon this became a ritual and Frenna was given the nick name Frenna the Coffee Queen. People would come from all over the land just to taste here wonderful coffee and start their days or for some end their days with a sense of camaraderie.

Frenna was soon joined by a group of regulars, one being Stasis. Stasis seemed to get to U-Hall somewhat sooner that Frenna, and would post something like * Sets up the morning Buffet and waits for Frenna Under the table. *

Well soon people would start asking for certain items to be added to the Buffet, or they would bring in their favorite Items to share. But Mostly people would ask for an item and the post would go like this.

Visitor * Looks for the Bagels, and the cream cheese *
Stasis * Points over by the coffee pot to the basket of Bagels and the cream cheese*
Visitor * does not see the jellies or jams, or the Pancakes *
Stasis * wheels in the cart with the jellies and jams and makes a fresh batch of Pancakes, both plain and Blue Berry*
Visitor * what no strawberries for the pancakes? I like Waffles better any way *
Stasis * Makes a fresh batch of Waffles and all the toping you could think of, even Fish Spread *

ETC ETC ETC….

So as the weeks went on, More and More people would ask for things. And Stasis would start the post like this:
Brings in the Breakfast Buffet with all kinds of meats and pastries, Eggs of many different styles and both pancakes and waffles. Along with 7 different juices and all the topping for the waffles you could think of *

And Still people would respond to the post, * Where is the Toast, I see no Tea How can this happen on Monday AHHHHHHHHHHHHH *

So Stasis developed the ABM (Automatic Breakfast Machine) Just approach the machine and tell it what you want, and with in seconds, you will have what ever you want.
People started asking why they could only get Breakfast Foods out of the machine, when so many people are all over the world. One persons Breakfast time is another persons Lunch or Dinner or snack etc…

So Stasis made some modifications and the ABM would produce any thing any time day or night.

The long and the short of this post, is that the ABM is a virtual Water Cooler / Coffee pot, where people can come and share what happened yesterday with the other U-Hallers. Kinda like people do in real life at their jobs.

There have been many People who have taken on the responsibility of setting up the ABM, myself included. Any one who gets to the Hall early enough can set up the ABM. The more people who do it the better.

I hope this clears up any questions about the ABM, and I hope I have gotten the History somewhat accurate. If not I am sorry for those I left out and please any one, correct or add to the story as you see fit.

Peace be with You all of My U-Hall Friends and Family

Caesar

Lady_Rachel

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*orders diet pepsi and nachos*

Ahhhh....hello Caesar!
Good to see you made it over!

5% Luck

SInce this is a "temporary forum" Ill ask

ABM = another boring morning?

Its been plaguing my mind for years!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
*smiles* It is good to see you here old man. I would have a cup of coffee with you any day. I do not always respond to the ABM (automated breakfast machine), it is a comforting staple of Uhall though.

R

Righteous

SInce this is a "temporary forum" Ill ask

ABM = another boring morning?

Its been plaguing my mind for years!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DOES IT MEAN?
I asked the same thing a while back. They said it was Automatic Breakfast Machine ie Star Trek

Righteous

W

Wisty

I've been around the board since 2001, and there were a lot of fun times in the *ABM* threads.

Pours meself a cup of hot chocolate with whipped marshmallow creme. And eggs over easy with lots of toast and bacon.

RedRum

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When it happens this late (for my time zone anyways) it's an Automatic Brunch Machine. Glad to know the story behind ABM. :)