• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Service still stinks!

G

God_Majere

Canned messages, got to love them... How hard is it for a GM to delete a dead pack horse that has been freaking out in Luna (SP) for two days? Maybe my return to UO was a mistake...

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wondering how a dead pack horse is affecting your game play? There are sound filters/options right?

F

Fink

It doesn't look to be freaking out.. it's just wandering around like a forgotten soul. Did you mean that, or something like that god-awful whinny spam bug?

G

God_Majere

It doesn't look to be freaking out.. it's just wandering around like a forgotten soul. Did you mean that, or something like that god-awful whinny spam bug?
imo it is freaking out.

it runs up and down in random directions all in the same small area next to the bank teller.

It effects my game play because it is annoying and can be removed in two seconds, if people who are paid to be GMs did their jobs instead of sending me a canned messages.

I remember when I first started playing UO, back in 2001. The service was awesome then, now it is just sad.

I

Inspector

Yah it does, I mean what the ****... they have an in-game button to call one.
Why is there never any of the paid help available....

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Canned messages, got to love them... How hard is it for a GM to delete a dead pack horse that has been freaking out in Luna (SP) for two days? Maybe my return to UO was a mistake...
And people wonder why GM's don't show...
Stop paging on USELESS things. They will show for valid things. Not "dead horse won't go away" type things.

J

jelinidas

Stop paging on USELESS things. They will show for valid things. Not "dead horse won't go away" type things.
/signed.

I have to ask...Why do you care if this is not your pony? My gawd, go kill something, RP a bit at a tavern, or make a new character. There is so much out there, go find it! :coco:

G

God_Majere

/signed.

I have to ask...Why do you care if this is not your pony? My gawd, go kill something, RP a bit at a tavern, or make a new character. There is so much out there, go find it! :coco:
sorry i am a programmer at heart and seeing bad code upsets me.
especially when it takes less than two seconds to fix the eye sore.
yes i can go elsewhere but why should i have to leave my favorite place because of annoying sounds from a dead pack horse running around me....? which has been here for days...

Petrify

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you guys are really beating a dead horse here :bdh::lick:

But seriously, why page on something like this... they aren't going to delete someone else's pet because its been at luna for 2 days. Can we delete bank sitters too?

J

jelinidas

*hint* you may wish to find another game.

If bad code bothers you because a dead horse is wondering around Luna you must be new. There are far more code issues to worry about, This game is 11 years old with MANY devs hands in the mix. Get used to the strange things that happen, or go play *insert newest game title here*

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol

a dead pack horse

who cares, go to the bank, do you r business and go

how can a dead horse annoy you? have you not got anything better do to

in fact why am i bothering with this, I HAVE PLENTY TO DO..............................

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone remember when the paragons were first introduced and the dead pets were just everywhere ?? my bard would go to the ettin forest near Spirituality and someone's poor pony stood at the bank there for weeks on end, just staring forlornly out to sea.... and on the steps of my Malas home a pet dragon forever!

I got so used to them that the day they disappeared I was kinda upset :blushing:

two day dead pony? hmmm.....

S

Sindris

I love how so many of the player base just wants people with legitimate gripes to just quit and find another game.

Recent nerf bother you? Go play WoW you whiner!
Imbalance in PvP got you down? Adapt or go play something else loser!

Seriously, these kinds of comments are stupid. STUPID. I could spam "you should quit" in every lame thread that comes up over issues I think are petty, but I don't because whats important to me is not necessarily important to others.

Explain why what they are saying is irrelevant if you can, but telling someone to just quit is basically saying you have no intelligent argument to offer.

T

Tazar

especially when it takes less than two seconds to fix the eye sore.
yes i can go elsewhere but why should i have to leave my favorite place because of annoying sounds from a dead pack horse running around me....? which has been here for days...

That "eye sore" is someones bonded pet. While it may be an inconvenience to you, if someone took the time to bond the pet, then I'd think they might want it back. They may not realize it is wandering. The next time they log in, out, and back in, it should appear at their side - solving everyone's problem.

Personally, I do not see any "bad code" here. This is the 2nd "M" in MMORPG.

AEowynSP

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I assumed it was told to follow somone who is a ghost cause I chased it around the bank a few times and it's movement was far from random.

C

ChumBucket

The issue goes far beyond just the dead horse. When a player can page a GM over scripters, hacks, exploits, cheats, etc, ad nauseum, and see the same scripter, hacker, exploiter, cheater day in and day out afterward, it points to a lack of GM involvement. Don't give me the "page on something worthwhile" or "How's it impacting YOUR play?" responses. Those are canned at the same factory the GMs seem to work at. If paging on a scripter, hacker, exploiter, cheater (all of which are big no-no's) isn't worthwhile, then what is? Maybe the horse will disappear... who knows. I've seen the horse also, and it's movements are far from random. If a GM can't do something for it, then what good are GMs? We all know they aren't out there fixing the "big" problems, so why can't they take a look at the smaller ones in-between donuts and coffee breaks?

D

Dr.Thompson

whats worse is the other day there was a guy running around luna bank in a ugly orange floppy hat, so i paged on him 30 times, for a gm to delete that hat but all i got was a canned response too.

Myphsar

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wrong, no they dont show for valid things either :(
I needed a GM to fix my vet reward robe but they didnt :(