• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seriously??? Cant use your house or a different city?

C

Coragin

If your gonna afk script skills, you think you could do it in a different city or your house? Seriously!!

I walk around luna, I see people afk scripting Bush and Combat Skills on Horses, Golems, Rabbits ect...

How do I know they are afk you say?

Because after months of watching this, as I run by them, I cast invis on them and their pet. If they are there they say something to me and I apologize. Most of the time, all of a sudden they stop and stand there. Sometimes it will turn their golems blue or cause them to get killed by their golem which is funny because they will stand there as a ghost for HOURS.

Is it so hard for you people who script your skills to NOT do it in such obvious places? Dont you own a house? Or do it in a less populated city? Do you have ANY idea how annoying it is to hear that on a fairly constant basis? Even worse, the ones that script tradeskills form bank in luna, or magic skills!!! Cant you goto Trinsic bank? Make it less obvious?

This is annoying and I wish I was a GM because I would camp Luna all day, handing out jail sentences. And on top of that, I would reduce the skill they are working to 0.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I find it annoying too, I thought you would need atleast a tiny bit of brain power to understand how to script, But clearly not if these people do it in Luna... :(

D

Divster

they use luna as there is constant traffic there which keeps them logged in

C

Coragin

they use luna as there is constant traffic there which keeps them logged in
Well if they can script, how hard is it to add in "open backpack" to keep you logged in? Seriously!

I dont care if they script skills, I dont, but find someplace else!

D

Divster

cos u don't need to script u just attack ure golem and wander off

T

Trebr Drab

EA/Mythic needs to get serious about this. Their competition is.

C

Connor_Graham

Because after months of watching this, as I run by them, I cast invis on them and their pet.
You realize that if one of them is there, they can page on you and get you a 24-72 hour ban instead of them, right?

C

Coragin

You realize that if one of them is there, they can page on you and get you a 24-72 hour ban instead of them, right?
Yep I do. I honestly dont care, UO isint my entire life and having to take 3 days off isint a big deal.

OldAsTheHills

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if they can script, how hard is it to add in "open backpack" to keep you logged in? Seriously!

People who play UO on any shard have the right to do whatever they want,
to do where-ever they will do it.

You as a player have the same right and if you do not like what other players
do, then you may react to them by your own actions.

The game goes on...make it so.

*stares*
Yahaxithonix

S

Splup

If I would get banned for throwing 1 invis on someones pet in Trammel, using legimite skill and spell, doing it once not repeadedly on the same target, and got banned for that... Ohh I would be glad to close my acc permanently.

That would be like if there's people whacking people do death with baseballbats around you while you'r taking a pee at the tree, a cop comes over and just comes over to give you a ticket for public urinating.

C

Connor_Graham

If I would get banned for throwing 1 invis on someones pet in Trammel, using legimite skill and spell, doing it once not repeadedly on the same target, and got banned for that... Ohh I would be glad to close my acc permanently.

That would be like if there's people whacking people do death with baseballbats around you while you'r taking a pee at the tree, a cop comes over and just comes over to give you a ticket for public urinating.
It's happened before. You know how our GM's are.

Freelsy

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL, how does this actually bother you?? Just run by em, they play there game..you play yours. Dont impose your gameplay onto them...

Dig that sand outta you know where :fight:

K

KoolAidAddict

LOL, how does this actually bother you?? Just run by em, they play there game..you play yours. Dont impose your gameplay onto them...

Dig that sand outta you know where :fight:
Rules?
Hello?
Why impose?
Rules?
Hello?
I get booted from a public house because I used spellweave, all LEGAL, yet these dims are doing ILLEGAl rule breaking scripting afk and im IMPOSING?
I guess you could say my game play is imposing then, cause ill page!!:stir:

C

Coragin

Its obvious GM's dont scare these guys or they just plain dont care. Similar to our government making changes to the constitution or new laws that the people dont vote on. They know we dont question them anymore, so they do what ever it is they want. Its just like the game, GM's dont do anything anymore, so they do what they want. And they know people wont in most cases page on them because of the above posters attitude. Until the community at large makes a decision to page on these knit wits at most once an hour, every time you walk by and they are still there. They will just continue to do it.

I dont want to page on them, I figure if I keep invising them eventually they will find somewhere else cause they arent making any progress. I hate to see someone banned or suspended for something like scripting skills, I honestly dont care what they do. Just dont do it all out in the open, in the middle of Luna where we have to listen to the racket. The bank is worse than outside the walls.

Maybe I will tame some drags and release them just outside...

C

Conrad

I remember getting into a verbal duel with a GM once over something like this, many years ago.

Not long after Trammel opened, some people were using a bad wall tile to exploit in Hythloth. You could do it in Felluca as well, but someone could actually do something to stop you from doing it there.

What they were doing was sitting in that little "safe" room with the teleporters in it, next to the Balron room. There would be 4-5 players in that little room, safe from all threats. One of them would step through the teleporter into the Balron room, kite a Balron over to the wall separating the other players from the Balron, then step on a teleporter tile to join their buddies. All of them would then fire off Meteors through a bad wall tile, killing the Balron. Once it was dead, step back through, loot, rinse repeat. Balron loot with almost zero risk.

It was a simple exploit, but exploit it was, and I didn't think it was too cool to be doing.

So, I fought back. I recalled in on one of my chars (I had a full book of runes marked in Hythloth), made it look like I recalled out, then hid right next to the secret door in the back of the room (one of the ones that looks like a part of the wall). I would then wait until I was pretty sure the exploiters were loaded up on loot, then simply open the secret door letting in a FLOOD of Gazers and Elder gazers. Most of the exploiters would panic (or be over-loaded) and would die in that little "safe" room, gazers happily munching on them. Sometimes they would step on the teleporter to escape the "safe" room, only to have the next Balron finish them off. The chaos of that moment was pure joy.

I waited until I thought the gazers had looted them pretty thoroughly and simply led them back into their room and killed them, getting much loot from the players in the process.

Eventually (and expectedly) they called a GM on me after getting numerous groups killed in this fashion.

One moment, I am watching them looting their own corpses, hidden and waiting to get the next group, when I am suddenly teleported between the wall of that room and the cave wall in a two tile space, me on one tile and a GM occupying the other tile. He told me there had been complaints. I explained everything in the exact fashion I just did above. Once he realized that THEY were exploiting, I got off with a verbal reprimand, while all five of the guys on the other side of the wall went "poof", one at a time.

The GM then deleted my Hythloth runebook, told me it was a violation to get players killed in Trammel...and kicked me from the dungeon to Brit.

Even though I was getting players killed in Trammel, THEY were the ones that got bans.

But, oh man, was that some fun stuff. The loot was good too. :stir:

The devs eventually fixed this exploit by simply removing the wall (the one with the secret door) between the safe room and the gazers, effectively removing the safe room from the dungeon.

In hindsight, I think the GM was a reasonable sort, on a good day. I would be a fool to expect all GMs to be that reasonable. That being said, I suggest you simply page a GM on those that AFK-Macro in Luna. Do it regularly and the GMs will eventually start doing something about it.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope, if I'm logged in I'm sitting at my computer.

That doesn't change who is and isn't an asshat.

C

Conrad

So you're a huge asshat.
No.

There were so many people that were doing it that it was impossible for NON-exploiters to hunt the Balrons in there. I solved the problem by encouraging the exploiters to CALL A GM ON THEMSELVES.

You must be an exploiter, Aran. Otherwise, why would you possibly call me an asshat?

You're a perfect example of the exploiter bringing attention to themself by complaining when someone breaks their exploit.

Please, if you're going to throw names around, at least be honest enough to admit it when the one thrown at you sticks. Troll.

And besides, I didn't say ANYTHING about being AFK. Exploits are exploits regardless of whether or not the moron is at his keyboard.

K

Kiminality

You must be an exploiter, Aran. Otherwise, why would you possibly call me an asshat?
You're like a big bag of stupid, aren't you.

See, I disagree with you, so I must be an exploiter.
Heaven forbid two wrongs not make a right, or anything like that.
They may have been exploiters, but you used exploits to beat them. But, justice makes it all good, right?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No.

There were so many people that were doing it that it was impossible for NON-exploiters to hunt the Balrons in there. I solved the problem by encouraging the exploiters to CALL A GM ON THEMSELVES.

You're a perfect example of the exploiter bringing attention to themself by complaining when someone breaks their exploit.

Please, if you're going to throw names around, at least be honest enough to admit it when the one thrown at you sticks. Troll.

And besides, I didn't say ANYTHING about being AFK. Exploits are exploits regardless of whether or not the moron is at his keyboard.
Yo daddy done touched you, dinnhe?

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I remember getting into a verbal duel with a GM once over something like this, many years ago.

Not long after Trammel opened, some people were using a bad wall tile to exploit in Hythloth. You could do it in Felluca as well, but someone could actually do something to stop you from doing it there.

What they were doing was sitting in that little "safe" room with the teleporters in it, next to the Balron room. There would be 4-5 players in that little room, safe from all threats. One of them would step through the teleporter into the Balron room, kite a Balron over to the wall separating the other players from the Balron, then step on a teleporter tile to join their buddies. All of them would then fire off Meteors through a bad wall tile, killing the Balron. Once it was dead, step back through, loot, rinse repeat. Balron loot with almost zero risk.

It was a simple exploit, but exploit it was, and I didn't think it was too cool to be doing.

So, I fought back. I recalled in on one of my chars (I had a full book of runes marked in Hythloth), made it look like I recalled out, then hid right next to the secret door in the back of the room (one of the ones that looks like a part of the wall). I would then wait until I was pretty sure the exploiters were loaded up on loot, then simply open the secret door letting in a FLOOD of Gazers and Elder gazers. Most of the exploiters would panic (or be over-loaded) and would die in that little "safe" room, gazers happily munching on them. Sometimes they would step on the teleporter to escape the "safe" room, only to have the next Balron finish them off. The chaos of that moment was pure joy.

I waited until I thought the gazers had looted them pretty thoroughly and simply led them back into their room and killed them, getting much loot from the players in the process.

Eventually (and expectedly) they called a GM on me after getting numerous groups killed in this fashion.

One moment, I am watching them looting their own corpses, hidden and waiting to get the next group, when I am suddenly teleported between the wall of that room and the cave wall in a two tile space, me on one tile and a GM occupying the other tile. He told me there had been complaints. I explained everything in the exact fashion I just did above. Once he realized that THEY were exploiting, I got off with a verbal reprimand, while all five of the guys on the other side of the wall went "poof", one at a time.

The GM then deleted my Hythloth runebook, told me it was a violation to get players killed in Trammel...and kicked me from the dungeon to Brit.

Even though I was getting players killed in Trammel, THEY were the ones that got bans.

But, oh man, was that some fun stuff. The loot was good too. :stir:

The devs eventually fixed this exploit by simply removing the wall (the one with the secret door) between the safe room and the gazers, effectively removing the safe room from the dungeon.

In hindsight, I think the GM was a reasonable sort, on a good day. I would be a fool to expect all GMs to be that reasonable. That being said, I suggest you simply page a GM on those that AFK-Macro in Luna. Do it regularly and the GMs will eventually start doing something about it.
did the bad wall tile act as some sort of two way mirror or something ? i find these things fascinating when i prolly shouldn't lol how wild, good story.
oh ya almost forgot ... scripters die ! :p

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've said it before many times.

"Why would anyone care if people macro skills?"

Scripting to get items like BoD's is one thing, but to train skills while afk should be allowed.

After all it's not like everyone doesn't have the ability to macro skills.

Remember many years ago, people would go to deceit bone room and work skills. there would be 50 people there all on top of each other. Now just cause they were not afk how does this differ? Everyone just sat there and watched the screen not having to do anything but attack the bone knight.

I donno, it just seems to me that macroing skills should be allowed, it used to be years ago and does not create an imbalance.

RawHeadRex

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've said it before many times.

"Why would anyone care if people macro skills?"

Scripting to get items like BoD's is one thing, but to train skills while afk should be allowed.

After all it's not like everyone doesn't have the ability to macro skills.

Remember many years ago, people would go to deceit bone room and work skills. there would be 50 people there all on top of each other. Now just cause they were not afk how does this differ? Everyone just sat there and watched the screen not having to do anything but attack the bone knight.

I donno, it just seems to me that macroing skills should be allowed, it used to be years ago and does not create an imbalance.
gotta be bandwidth/cost related, no? I realize you pay for your monthly fee but I wonder if macroing isn't seen as unnecessary load and cost to them.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
gotta be bandwidth/cost related, no? I realize you pay for your monthly fee but I wonder if macroing isn't seen as unnecessary load and cost to them.
I suppose "unnecessary" would be a matter of opinion.

The fact is I pay for UO for the ability to log in as often and as long as I want. If I am at my PC or not has nothing to do with it.

I've also played since the original rules from back in 1997 where it was legal to macro while afk, as well as curse and say and do what you wanted since it was an Adult game. EA changed the rules of the contract, not me. And technically I am grandfathered in to the original rule set. Or at least used to be.

This is why I used to get all new game releases for free, Like T2A, until they made it to where you didn't need the new game release to play, it just added areas that you could not access without the upgrade. In fact this is why they did it that way. It forced us original players who joined under the original contract that every game patch and update would be free forever to continue purchasing UO updates.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose "unnecessary" would be a matter of opinion.

The fact is I pay for UO for the ability to log in as often and as long as I want. If I am at my PC or not has nothing to do with it.

I've also played since the original rules from back in 1997 where it was legal to macro while afk, as well as curse and say and do what you wanted since it was an Adult game. EA changed the rules of the contract, not me. And technically I am grandfathered in to the original rule set. Or at least used to be.

This is why I used to get all new game releases for free, Like T2A, until they made it to where you didn't need the new game release to play, it just added areas that you could not access without the upgrade. In fact this is why they did it that way. It forced us original players who joined under the original contract that every game patch and update would be free forever to continue purchasing UO updates.
Then, as soon as you upgrade, you are now forced to agree to a new ToS, so nobody is likely to be grandfathered in under any old contract. You have to follow the same rules as everyone else.

o2bavr6

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Then, as soon as you upgrade, you are now forced to agree to a new ToS, so nobody is likely to be grandfathered in under any old contract. You have to follow the same rules as everyone else.
I don't dispute that.

I think the Servers are strong enough to support more than there currently are players. If each shard was at 75% capacity I could understand.

I donno, I just think that macroing skills should be allowed because it doesn't hurt anyone. Scripting for items on the other hand should not, because it does hurt players.