• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

SERIOUS Anatomy gaining issue!

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had on a character 94.3 Anatomy, 0.0 Healing. I played this character for :

-18 Hrs of Golem training(I gain Anatomy on other characters to 120 this way), with various changes including raising a new fighting skill, raising Tactics from the start and whatnot.

-8-10 Hrs of dedicated XHealing.

-6 Hrs of dedicated self-healing.

-10 Hrs of PvM including XHealing and self-healing.

-About 10-12 Hrs of PvP including XHealing and self-healing.

I have not raised even 5.0 Total points in Anatomy. I gain normally all other skills, have not reached the cap or anything.
Everything ELSE with this character is COMPLETELY normal and working properly. I also know about guard zones, but it's not the issue.

Just that Anatomy hasn't moved. This is a first time for me to see this slow gain, not even GGS gains.

Any solutions?

I mean okay, my main character is ****ed up by that bug that has messed up the face and body colour and now this...
Devs, the plethora of minor bugs I can bear with. But those last 2 bugs really got me pissed off.

*EDIT* Forgot to include I've spent about 5 Hrs at the Farms with animals to train Parrying, meanwhile also healing myself.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In my efforts to get it unstuck I died, changed Facet, changed equipment, hair colour and style...

Everything that doesn't cost me real life money, I've tempered with.

I've tried Demons, Dragons, Blood Elementals and... Lizardmen! That's about it.

*EDIT* Oh yeah, Serpent Dragons and Lich Lords too at Ilshenar!!

C

Connor_Graham

Try Rotting Corpses or Miasma. Things that hit you with level 6 poison. That should shake it loose.

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will head to Doom then ASAP. Maybe hitting the Dark Father too will help and he spawns lots of Rotting. Thanks for the advice, hope it works!!

C

Connor_Graham

Ilsh would be good too. A paragon Rotting Corpse would be good to break the streak on since it's an even higher level. It's also a pretty fun fight.

C

Crystal Canyon

Im having the same problem with healing and fencing.

I had fencing on a stone at 100 pt. skill. This I had accomplished in one day of fighting to get to Gm. Two weeks ago I put it on character to raise to 120 and im lucky to get .2 gains in a days time. After two weeks of fighting this character everyday on just about every type of spawn I can think of, Im just now getting close to 115.

Healing is even worse. It was at Gm, trying to raise to at least 110 and the only gains im getting there is the GGS gains. Each time I log in I get my one gain.

I took my character to Tokuno thinking gains would be better there. I did the Hiyrus and everything else I could find...healing was almost constant and no gains whatsoever...for 3 hours straight.

Ive made several fencers over the years and almost every character I have has healing. Ive never seen gains so slow.

Im wondering if it is a glitch or is this the way gains will be from now on?

C

Connor_Graham

You might try the Yamotsu Warriors in the Yamotsu Mines. The 3rd "room" has 2 Warriors that spawn in it, and between their large number of hit points and the respawn rate, you'll never have any time that there won't be at least one in the room. I've taken both Swords and Macing, along with Bushido, Tactics, and Anatomy to 120 in that room, and was able to get them done in a matter of hours.

C

Crystal Canyon

You might try the Yamotsu Warriors in the Yamotsu Mines. The 3rd "room" has 2 Warriors that spawn in it, and between their large number of hit points and the respawn rate, you'll never have any time that there won't be at least one in the room. I've taken both Swords and Macing, along with Bushido, Tactics, and Anatomy to 120 in that room, and was able to get them done in a matter of hours.
Thank you so much Conner, Ill sure go give that a try!:hug:

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless this is something that just started happening today with server up, I haven't had any problems. I gained at least half a point last night just while stocking my vendors and spamming noble sacrifice at the bank and healing myself afterward. Same goes for healing. I'm over GM in both (103.x and 101.x anatomy & healing respectively).

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use the blue skill button?

For the characters I have had get stuck, Using the manual button for anat has always worked for me.

Try bankers and wandering healers for 20 min Ill bet you a post count you will get a gain.

C

Crystal Canyon

Unless this is something that just started happening today with server up, I haven't had any problems. I gained at least half a point last night just while stocking my vendors and spamming noble sacrifice at the bank and healing myself afterward. Same goes for healing. I'm over GM in both (103.x and 101.x anatomy & healing respectively).
Im thinking it is only with certain skills. The character I have been working on also has Chiv and I had no problems at all in raising it. It went from 0- 75 in the first day of training of the other skills without even trying.

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im thinking it is only with certain skills. The character I have been working on also has Chiv and I had no problems at all in raising it. It went from 0- 75 in the first day of training of the other skills without even trying.
Try transferring it to another character and see if gaining is as hard for them as it was for the first character. If it's not, maybe you should page a GM and have him take a look to make sure your character isn't broken. I've had it happen. Back in the days when GM's freely roamed the land (way back before AOS) I had a block on my taming that I couldn't get by. I paged a GM and he said there was something wrong with my character. He didn't say what it was, but he did fix it for me.

C

Crystal Canyon

Try transferring it to another character and see if gaining is as hard for them as it was for the first character. If it's not, maybe you should page a GM and have him take a look to make sure your character isn't broken. I've had it happen. Back in the days when GM's freely roamed the land (way back before AOS) I had a block on my taming that I couldn't get by. I paged a GM and he said there was something wrong with my character. He didn't say what it was, but he did fix it for me.
Never thought of doing that, but thanks. This character also has a problem with her Lady title not showing. I could kill Deamons all day long and never achieve the title. It takes several weeks of fighting to get it and then one death and it is gone again.

Thanks for the suggestion...Ill try it!

S

Sir Kenga

Even better if u have a free char slot or some misc char without skills, try to create char and train straight anatomy, should take u few hours to gm.

R

Rubican

Sorry if this is dumb reply or has already been mentioned - but i believe Anatomy gains are passive and you need to have your weapon skill marked "up" as (opposed to locked or down) even if maxed out in order to gain (w/o clicking the blue diamond). Might be worth checking, I feel your pain.

J

Jeremy

Does manually using the skill (via the skill menu) have any different effect?

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crystal, this might sound wacky, but try turning down your intelligence or dex stats and letting them drop just a little bit. Then turn them back up again and see if that has any effect on your healing gains. It may not do anything, but I've seen some funny things happen with skill gains when their associated stats hit their cap.

As Connor suggested, the yamotso warriors are great for weapon gains if your weapon skill is 100 or higher. Just be sure to stick with fighting them for at least 20 minutes or so for the gains to start kicking in. The loot on them is absolutely horrid but the gains can be fairly decent. I usually prefer to kill the ones that are closer to the Homare Jima gate. Sometimes it seems like I get better gains if my character is running around a bigger area instead of staying in one small area for a long time. (I also hate looting bodies piled on top of bodies.)

C

Crystal Canyon

Crystal, this might sound wacky, but try turning down your intelligence or dex stats and letting them drop just a little bit. Then turn them back up again and see if that has any effect on your healing gains. It may not do anything, but I've seen some funny things happen with skill gains when their associated stats hit their cap.

As Connor suggested, the yamotso warriors are great for weapon gains if your weapon skill is 100 or higher. Just be sure to stick with fighting them for at least 20 minutes or so for the gains to start kicking in. The loot on them is absolutely horrid but the gains can be fairly decent. I usually prefer to kill the ones that are closer to the Homare Jima gate. Sometimes it seems like I get better gains if my character is running around a bigger area instead of staying in one small area for a long time. (I also hate looting bodies piled on top of bodies.)
Hmmm...now that you said that, I do remember at one time being told that turning a stat down would help gains.

Im on my way to Tokuno now to check it out.

Thanks a Bunch!

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does manually using the skill (via the skill menu) have any different effect?
I just took a char from 40 to 93 today using a in game macro using the skill anatomy, it took 3 and a half hours.

Earlier in the month my new archer was stuck at 97.6 for about a week, using the manual button on npc mages, healers and what not raised the skill within minutes.

Have not had same problem again with that char.

It seemed to work for me.

I am also assuming when I Use the anatomy button while I am fighting I am getting The extra check.
(more checks quicker gains) I may be wrong.

Bankers dont work my bad, they used to.

C

Crystal Canyon

Went to the Yamotso Warriors in Tokuno, turn my strength down and Intell up...instant gains! WOOT! Ill be at 120 by tonight, no problem. (4 of those warriors at the same time was hell though...hehehe)

Bad part is that in healing, again, all I got was the GGS as soon as I logged in. I have gone thru about 500 bandies and still no gain. Still at 106.6.

Tina and Connor, thank you for the great suggestions! At least I know im not doomed to be a 115 fencer! LOL

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Crystal, perhaps try rotting corpses. You can of course find them in Doom. However, there's a spot north of the Citadel on Isamu-Jima where just one rotting corpse spawns, along with some revenant lions, bone knights, bone mages, skeletal knights, and skeletal mages. Try running around in that spawn for a little bit and see if you get any healing gains.

Sara Of Baja

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bad part is that in healing, again, all I got was the GGS as soon as I logged in. I have gone thru about 500 bandies and still no gain. Still at 106.6.
Have you tried chugging greater poison pots and healing yourself? Of, if you have a friend, talk them into being your healing target while they drink g. poison.

C

Crystal Canyon

So, I take it that healing gains at a high level are gained quicker by being poisoned?

Well, I shall try both suggestions and see if I can get to at least 110.

Thank you all again! Im off to a little poison party! :stretcher:

B

Bamboo_Spyder

Thank you all again! Im off to a little poison party!
LMBO now that sounds funny!!!! Don't forget to take enough aids to heal urself!!!

*walks off chuckling*

SAVATAGE

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Easiest way is to just use the skill on ppl at a bank over and over.....
dosent have to be alot of ppl..

C

Crystal Canyon

LMBO now that sounds funny!!!! Don't forget to take enough aids to heal urself!!!

*walks off chuckling*
Want to hear something even funnier? I had been working so hard training the fencing and got so excited when I read the suggestions to try to get healing to raise, I jumped right up there in the mist of Reverant Lions and rotting Corpses and second hit... I ran out of bandies! :blushing:

I should have stayed around long enough to read your post!!!!!!! LOL

Violence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to Doom, but curing Rotting Corpses' poison didn't do much.. Then I asked around and eventually I found a very strange method which actually works..

I actively use Anatomy on a cat! The strange thing about it is it has to be a cat for some reason.

Tried on people at the bank and it didn't work. Just has to be a cat.... :coco:
I really don't get what the problem is but considering the other bug that hit me nothing surprises me any more.

*EDIT*

Speaking of that, Jeremy have you guys managed to replicate it? Getting different Face/Body colour?
Yesterday I logged that char again and noticed that various Body Types give different results too. Dunno if I had mentioned this in my post about the bug.