• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Armor Selling Studded Gloves - 250 million

Happy Meal

Seasoned Veteran
Hey all,

I am going to bed but looking for about 250 million on this piece. Great piece to finish a suit or fix any HCI/DCI issues.

If i dont respond to icq its bc im sleeping (work midnights), but ill look at time stamps via icq. First 250 million takes the pair.

Thanks!

Attachments

Lord Gandalf

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wouldn't pay more than 15mill for this, @Happy Meal was a bit very sleepy when he posted this imop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Interesting piece, but those other price checks aren't far off. I'd maybe put it at 35m-40m for the right buyer, but if you get any offers over 25m, you should probably take it. If it had LMC, then it would be worth quite a bit more. It is cool that it has a little luck too.

Happy Meal

Seasoned Veteran
Gloves are SOLD

I was gonna leave this alone, but thought id share some knowledge. @Merlin @dennissung2004 @Lord Gandalf

These gloves are absolutely worth this. I can see why some of your opinions are "Wouldn't pay more than 15 mil for this." You are saying this bc the HCI and DCI is useless to you. Im guessing if you pvp; you probably run with the same desired jewels with the triple 15s that we all bid 200-500 million for. (I know you do Gandalf bc we have both bid on them) And we have seen how one mod on an elite jewel can jump that same jewel from a 100 mil piece to almost a plat.

I can tell you usable pvp pieces with BOTH hci and DCI are very desirable. And VERY tough to find. If it only has HCI, or only DCI...it is no go. But to put it into perspective, if you build VERY elite suits (and I mean very elite) and go for both 3-5% HCI & DCI on every armor piece... well between the 6 pieces, you are looking at 20% HCI and 20% DCI. You can also get another 15-20% from wearables such as boots, quiver, aprons, sash, robe, slither, etc.

Now with all these crazy jewels out there with 11+ mods, imagine you didnt need the HCI or DCI on either jewel. Not only will you get them cheaper because people will complain "Useless, no DCI or no HCI", but it will take your suit to an entirely new level. Imagine being able to have 35+ skill points, extra stats, etc. Its the difference between fitting 66 alchy to get 70% enhance potions for pvp, or fit hiding to stay alive, etc. Again it has to be a pvp piece with both the HCI and DCI. But many people to not have the patience to find an entire suit with each piece having 3-5% HCI and DCI, along with all the other mods. (And i will tell you, it can be a nightmare)

You can say these gloves are only worth 15-20 million, but thats bc you arent sure what you are looking at and the HCI and DCI is useless to your specific suit since your jewels have the 15s.

Again, keep a look out for armor pieces with BOTH hci and dci. This specific piece was also studded armor for +3, the stam, mana, and 3/3 regens. Had it had the 8% lmc or 10 stam, i would have gotten more for it. I did not get the 250, but it did sell for 200. These pieces are also a little harder to market bc so many people build suits off the jewels having the hci and dci.

Heres another example. Im sure everyone saw my post that I had on here for MONTHS (over 400+ views and im still bumping looking for 2 pieces) I was looking for 3 specific pieces....gloves, a ring, and mage legs. I received many icqs, PMs, and even responses on the posts that I would not find these pieces. Well, with over 400 views, i found the gloves on vendor search. I was building a suit that had 20%/20% HCI and DCI with only armor not including any jewels or or other wearables. I got down to the gloves, and I only needed gloves with the Stam/Mana increase, 2 MR, 5% HCI, and 1% DCI. Posted for months, received endless views, and no one was able to find it. I checked vendor search every 2-3 days, and i found the gloves. Paid 70 million, and i would have EASILY paid over 300 million without blinking. And the gloves even had garbage resists, 3%, 4%, etc on all resists.

:)

Last edited:

Sir Swish

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Gloves are SOLD

I was gonna leave this alone, but thought id share some knowledge. @Merlin @dennissung2004 @Lord Gandalf

These gloves are absolutely worth this. I can see why some of your opinions are "Wouldn't pay more than 15 mil for this." You are saying this bc the HCI and DCI is useless to you. Im guessing if you pvp; you probably run with the same desired jewels with the triple 15s that we all bid 200-500 million for. (I know you do Gandalf bc we have both bid on them) And we have seen how one mod on an elite jewel can jump that same jewel from a 100 mil piece to almost a plat.

I can tell you usable pvp pieces with BOTH hci and DCI are very desirable. And VERY tough to find. If it only has HCI, or only DCI...it is no go. But to put it into perspective, if you build VERY elite suits (and I mean very elite) and go for both 3-5% HCI & DCI on every armor piece... well between the 6 pieces, you are looking at 20% HCI and 20% DCI. You can also get another 15-20% from wearables such as boots, quiver, aprons, sash, robe, slither, etc.

Now with all these crazy jewels out there with 11+ mods, imagine you didnt need the HCI or DCI on either jewel. Not only will you get them cheaper because people will complain "Useless, no DCI or no HCI", but it will take your suit to an entirely new level. Imagine being able to have 35+ skill points, extra stats, etc. Its the difference between fitting 66 alchy to get 70% enhance potions for pvp, or fit hiding to stay alive, etc. Again it has to be a pvp piece with both the HCI and DCI. But many people to not have the patience to find an entire suit with each piece having 3-5% HCI and DCI, along with all the other mods. (And i will tell you, it can be a nightmare)

You can say these gloves are only worth 15-20 million, but thats bc you arent sure what you are looking at and the HCI and DCI is useless to your specific suit since your jewels have the 15s.

Again, keep a look out for armor pieces with BOTH hci and dci. This specific piece was also studded armor for +3, the stam, mana, and 3/3 regens. Had it had the 8% lmc or 10 stam, i would have gotten more for it. I did not get the 250, but it did sell for 200. These pieces are also a little harder to market bc so many people build suits off the jewels having the hci and dci.

Heres another example. Im sure everyone saw my post that I had on here for MONTHS (over 400+ views and im still bumping looking for 2 pieces) I was looking for 3 specific pieces....gloves, a ring, and mage legs. I received many icqs, PMs, and even responses on the posts that I would not find these pieces. Well, with over 400 views, i found the gloves on vendor search. I was building a suit that had 20%/20% HCI and DCI with only armor not including any jewels or or other wearables. I got down to the gloves, and I only needed gloves with the Stam/Mana increase, 2 MR, 5% HCI, and 1% DCI. Posted for months, received endless views, and no one was able to find it. I checked vendor search every 2-3 days, and i found the gloves. Paid 70 million, and i would have EASILY paid over 300 million without blinking. And the gloves even had garbage resists, 3%, 4%, etc on all resists.

I have been educated. Good post man.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Gloves are SOLD

Fair post... but I literally just built a suit two days ago that had a similar piece I bought off vendor search for 38m. The piece was bone arms with high resists, low amounts of HCI & DCI without LMC. 4/4 dex/int, 8/10 stam/mana. Your piece did have LRC and some luck, so those are bonuses yours had over the one I purchased. However, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Congrats on getting the 200m.. but someone more patient could probably wait it out and find something similar for less than 100m. I would stand by my valuation of 40m, and in consideration of your 'knowledge drop', maybe boost it to as much as 70-75m. 200+ still seems steep for this.

sibble

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Those are all overpriced except maybe the bandana.

My point is, you got someone to pay 200m, but IMO they're worth 75-100m. They are not rare, just uncommon. Seller got a good deal.

There are more than a couple people in this game with elite wallets that can drop a dime on whatever they want.

Last edited:

Happy Meal

Seasoned Veteran
Ive learned that the best thing to do when selling items is keep a large inventory. We get eager to sell when getting a nice piece, eventually you will find someone needing it. Bc like i said, to get that "final" piece, with certain mods, it can be difficult. I paid the 70 million for something i would have easily paid 300 for. Nice find on the bone arms Merlin. You did not include any regens on the bone gloves though. Maybe you forgot or the 3/3 on this piece is the difference. Plus, we all know the UO economy is a shaky one at that. There are many who dont pvp and only farm or pvm, and when they get those nice pvp items...they have no knowledge of their worth. We have all gotten those at steals on vendors. I missed buying a 300 or 400 jewel on vendor search yesterday for 80 millon. Plus we have a lot of people right now that look at UO as a "business", and there is farming being done at massive levels that has killed prices in the last 3 to 4 months. I wont mention any names as it is unnecessary, but the ironic thing is the people who only play UO to make money are killing their own business. Makes me chuckle.

Sibble, i wouldnt say any of those items are incredibly over priced, but these are TERRIBLE examples. They are all elf.... elf pieces are way easier to get dmg increase, hit chance, defense chance, etc. (So they are quite a bit cheaper) The two human pieces you posted do not even compare. The bandana does not even have stam increase or mana regeneration. The gloves you posted does not even have mana regeneration, any mana increase, or any dex increase. Also, niether are studded or bone to give the +3%. Its like you just did a vendor search for HCI and DCI and through up whatever was there to try and prove something? You say the bandana is worth maybe the 55 mil, but its far far worse?

Eh, it does not matter. I can tell you the buyer is very happy with the purchase. All of this is a matter of opinion anyways. I just think it is a little silly that people who have no interest in buying items always want to post what they feel the items value is. I can tell you I take a loss on many items. And i see some crazy stuff on stratics with people wanting 1.3 plat for armor pieces, or 1.2 plat for a shield i think is worth maybe 50 million tops. But i never post telling the seller what their item is worth or try to make a mockery on the boards. If i want to help them, i give them a private PM post to help or share my opinion. If i have no interest, who am i to tell them what their item is worth? What if someone wants to pay that? What if it sells after i said it wasn't worth that?

An item in UO is only worth what another individual is willing to pay. We have all seen this first hand in auctions.

Last edited:

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Easy Mage archer piece or bushido mage piece. The Problem is that a piece similar to this but with DAMAGE eater on it as well only sold for 250m.