• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Selling my small rares collection

EternalH

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
It's all located on LS. I'll just be taking offers, thanks for looking.

A Zog Reborn Playset complete with Box, Glasses and Cape
A Full Phoenix Suit with a Nose Helm
An Acid Proof Robe
Servant of Tal'Keesh robe
Fitness Race Contestant - Cloth Tunic
I wasn't Fast Enough to Out Run Messana's Wraith - Boots
Partisan Of Chaos sash
A Shield with the Royal Guard Crest
A Glacial Dagger
An Embroiled Oak Leaf Cloak
Lucky Leaping Leprechaun Boots

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Accept gold on Atlantic? If so, 65M on Embroided Oak Leaf Cloak if non-rep.
I can pick up on LS. Thanks

Creapor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Warning to the community:

I tried dealing for some of these items a few weeks back. The seller was not willing to use a vendor to sell some items to make the transaction easy, instead insisted I pay for items up front which was 200 mil. I did not feel comfortable with no reliable references. They did not log back in to icq since that day. I'm not saying this is someone looking to scam as no wrong doing happened directly to me, just saying be safe. Also they claimed they moved the items to Atlantic already which obviously had not happened

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Well, here is how I do business. If you do NOT have a well known reputation on these boards (This meaning you are new, or haven't really dealt with many of the people that do have big reps) then I will request 1 or both of maybe 2 things:

1) Post looking for a reputable person to vouch for you. If you had someone like Manticore or a big rares collector that is well known to this community to vouch for you. Then everything is set and perfect.

2) We both agree on a trusted broker that we BOTH know. Lets say Nails for instance. I don't use ICQ, i don't know why.. i guess I'm to scared to. :p
He is a well known rares collector, very trustworthy, and fast and sufficient. But.. If we agree to use him, then a PM needs to be sent to this said broker to verify name of char and other information such as that.

My offer stands on the shroud. I've seen this shroud sell for 60max before and i really want it. Unless someone of great reputation can vouch for you. I do not know you, nor have I done dealings with you. If you cannot get a vouch, then we move to a broker. If you decide none of these will work for you, then I happily withdraw my bid as I have been scammed for over 500mil in my years playing this game. So I TRY to avoid being scammed as much as possible. I am not saying you are a scammer, but with as much interest in rares the past couple of rares and the many attempts of people scamming. You can't blame a fellow for being cautious. :)

Again, my offer stands.

EternalH

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Warning to the community:

I tried dealing for some of these items a few weeks back. The seller was not willing to use a vendor to sell some items to make the transaction easy, instead insisted I pay for items up front which was 200 mil. I did not feel comfortable with no reliable references. They did not log back in to icq since that day. I'm not saying this is someone looking to scam as no wrong doing happened directly to me, just saying be safe. Also they claimed they moved the items to Atlantic already which obviously had not happened
You wanted me to transfer all my stuff to a different shard before you gave me a nickel. Thats absurd. Now, will you stop trolling and let me sell this stuff and be done.

Last edited:

nallez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
This seems like the same chap that I tried to deal about the phoenix armor... Be careful with this one. Dont trade without trusted brokers. Allways the safest bet!

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I trust Alexander of ATL. You may not know me or care what I say but on this site my vouching is good enough for some people. So if you sell him the shroud, i.e. you go first on the shroud and he gives you gold and he is able to post back here that it was a smooth transaction then that could be the first credit you establish here :) Everyone here establishes their credit from scratch. We're a small and an inclusive community but we also constantly watch out for each other.

Last edited:

Dregg

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I trust Alexander of ATL. You may not know me or care what I say but on this site my vouching is good enough for some people. So if you sell him the shroud, i.e. you go first on the shroud and he gives you gold and he is able to post back here that it was a smooth transaction then that could be the first credit you establish here :) Everyone here establishes their credit from scratch. We're a small and an inclusive community but we also constantly watch out for each other.

Before i started trading and getting back into rares i did a lot of reading on these boards to know the reputation on the people who posted here. When i did deals over the old vendor cap (125m) i knew of the people who had bid on these items and upon knowing their posts i even at times (when i did not need a broker like Demon Slayer or Gunga) i would trade my items first to reputable persons on this forum and then did the gold. This in turn helped establish some trust behind my posting name to those who have dealt with me. Even though i do not post as much as others here i have brokered deals for friends who wanted to sell items but did not know how the system worked and have done transfers for persons on these forums with trust. As Manticore has said, your post(s) have to have some sort of trust for the buyer in order for someone to take an interest in what you are selling. Make the seller feel more comfortable about the sell and you will not only sell the items quicker but you also might get better offers.

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
you could also do the deal using transfer tokens.... the have established value at 45mil each and make for quick easy trades...

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah guys, be careful, always use a broker when you dont know the seller. Also, if anyone wants to know his previous stratics account name and check some "references" let me know via PM.

LOTR

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
You wanted me to transfer all my stuff to a different shard before you gave me a nickel. Thats absurd. Now, will you stop trolling and let me sell this stuff and be done.
Yo, EternalH, you still owe me 150mil. Still remember? Please DO NOT TRUST THIS PERSON !!! Check UO Forum. I had posted there.

S_S

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, this person sure isn't sounding to trustworthy. Think I'll pass on making any kind of offers.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
LOL, this person sure isn't sounding to trustworthy. Think I'll pass on making any kind of offers.
Aye, debts not being paid, 'selling' the same items over and over again (phoenix suit), saying the items are already on atl when as it is proved above still on LS, refusing to use a vendor on vendor-available items, multiple people PMing me and talking to me in-game about how to 'be careful', and having other corrupted stratics accounts......

I've seen enough, even though my bid was a small amount for such a highly duped item, and even though I still want the shroud... I withdraw my bid.

Last edited:

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To the seller, earn the trust and respect the way Manti said. It will make buying and selling a lot easier. I have never used a broker for any trades, but all my trades are done with people who I see have very good reps on this forum. I can vouch for alex of atl if you plan on selling an item to him. But to make a deal you will have to trust the buyer or use a reputable broker.

To everyone else, rares collecting is the only thing keeping me in this game right now. Things have changed over the years and there is not really any community left in UO. No one helps new players, no one at banks chatting like old days. To many rude people everywhere you go. You all might see a very huge collection of liquor come up for sale if things get any worse.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
after a brief pm conversation with EteranalH, also known as AmdusciasLS, the thread is re-opened for trading

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ah I know that alt name of op. Tisk tisk tisk. Please be careful all as previous stated.

nallez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Yes, there is some interesting reading on that other name on 2011. You should search around and really use a broker.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wowza..... ya... i'm not bidding.. don't feel like loosing my gold.. because this fellow can 'find' ways to get it from ya.

Creapor

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Since the poster decided he was gonna to attempt and bash me on icq and tell people on Great Lakes that my good name is not worth a damn i figured id help look into these previous matters and just post links to help people see scammers are truly the lowest form of trash on UO and have been since 1997:

PS - he told me he was quitting last week and trying to unload his stuff to sell the rest of his gold... Must be tough trying to quit since Oct 3rd, 2010

http://stratics.com/community/threads/shard-of-the-gem-of-immortality-sonoma.232693/#post-1896739

http://stratics.com/community/threads/bunch-of-rares.223839/#post-1832450

Last edited:

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Thanks to everyone that chimed in here. I was interested in a few things up there, glad I read through everything.