• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling Grandfathered Villa Near Trinsic Trammel

LadyKeroOfAtl

UO Homes & Castles News Reporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've held onto this house for a long time because its grandfathered, but its time for me to cut back on an account, so its up for sale.
Its in a quiet area - little to no spawn - near the trinsic swamps.

Its a classic two story villa, but can be turned into a customizable house.

ICQ For a gate to see it 107296451
Taking Offers

R

Rix/\

I've never bought or know of grandfathered house being sold, but since it is grandfathered to your account does that mean once you've released the house to a new owner it's no longer a grandfathered house? and normal rules apply about owning more then one house per account?

And is this house placed in a spot once it's release from a grandfathered status it won't fall due to being place in what now is considered a no housing area?

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not sure what happens to the grandfathered status once its sold, But i saw someone post that they were buying specific houses they knew to be grandfathered.
As far as falling - its in a legally placed zone.

Coords are 130o 41'S 44o 34'E

F

FishinFool

It's impossible to have a grandfathered villa since the housing restriction came into effect before the villa was introducted. I'd love to see a screen shot of the status screen of the house.

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My account is 95 months old, I got this house around the 5th or 6th month of my account... While i also had a small house on Napa which i recently sold - also grandfathered.

If these pictures aren't sufficient evidence that you're wrong, feel free to icq me and ill take you there and friend you so you can see its grandfathered.

Attachments

F

FishinFool

The age of your account is not relevent. All grandfathered means is that you had multiple houses prior to pub 15 and they would not decay as long as you did not place a new home. Old rules apply, you have to refresh all the houses every 5 days.

What you have there is something that should not be, but it doesnt mean anything to the value of the home. It does not transfer with the house.

The only way that could be is if someone screwed up. All house placement prior to pub 16 was frozen for months, then the new deeds started spawning on the vendors.

T

T_Amon_from_work

Ummmm, the restrictions were AFTER Villas ... AoS I believe. I had a villa in Fel Fire Island on Atl then.

When the 1-house rule went in, any accounts with multiple houses had them "grandfathered" meaning they had to be refreshed manually every so often as you have noted.

But (and this is off the top of my head) it also meant that:
1. Accounts with grandfathered units still retained the grandfathering for a new owner - if the entire account was sold to them.
2. Accounts with grandfathered units could have multiples on one or more shards - all needing refrsehing mannually.
3. Any grandfathered house declared primary residence automatically condemned all other housing on the account on all shards.
4. Converting classic designs (villa, etc) to custom plots could be done within reason. The housing section on Stratics has the conversion grid. I **think** grandfathering still was retained unless the plot was larger than the original footprint.
5. Sale of a grandfathered unit negated the grandfathering for the buyer. If the seller has other housing, they are still grtandfathered status.

There are other wrinkles but these arwe the main points I recall.

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was stating my account age to show the account is older then when the grandfathering started. And when I started Villas were already in game.

Im not trying to get someone to pay some ridiculous amount of money, All im trying to do is get like a mill for my old house, so i can start closing down some accounts

T

T_Amon_from_work

I don't believe so - grandfathering is account-based and only for those with multiple housing when AoS went live. See my post above - #5.

I believe a buyer getting one of these will jeopardize any grandfathered units they have. Not 100% sure on this however.

F

FishinFool

In the lead up to pub 16/Renaissance really sucked for housing. They had suspended all house placement for months prior because they were changing all the rules (very, very strict) - then when Ren finally hit, we couldnt place for like 2-3 months and they made a fiasco out of it when it was allowed.

Anyways, the new house designs came out with Renaissance during the housing freeze and you couldn't place a new house at that time. The existance of a grandfathered Villa is something of an enigma.

Here's the skinny :

Pub 16 - 1 house per account, grandfathering instituted

http://update.uo.com/design_418.html

Housing Phase 3 -AoS time - this was different, this was concerning condemning houses on inactive accounts

http://update.uo.com/design_449.html

Good luck with getting a million for a felucca villa.

Sorry to hijack your thread, but atleast it's been near the top of the list for several days :p

Did you place this villa or buy it from someone??

LadyKeroOfAtl

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Felucca ? I said Trammel - as it says in the post title.

I bought it from someone - may have actually been from Wind Realty.

A

agpga

the only way the house will stay grandfathered is if you sell the account to someone otherwise if you just trade the house the new owner has to abide by the new housing rules

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Source

So the housing changes were pub 16.

The villa was introduced in pub 5.

Verdict: not impossible.

Good luck with the sale!

F

FishinFool

Should read the official site and not a p.o.s wiki. Ren covered a series of patches, from pub 14/15/16 .

There is far more information there about this topic. What's even better is that this is Trammel, hadn't bothered noticing, because that's another thing that should not be.

He/She's lucky to have kept the house this long, it's certainly a glitch with the housing server.

K

Kazar

Hi Kero!

I know of another person that plays that also has a grandfathered villa in Trammel and his account is about the same age as Kero's. So if it's a mistake then there are several of them out there. :shots: