• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Selling] Selling fresh placed Trammel castle on grass near Brit 3 ways healer x-roads 1m START

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Castle auction closed - winning bid 350m by Elffin.

auction ended as per time schedule ...winner Elfin 350m

1m start price for the romance of the auction....But the reserve is what i and many other people consider to be the bottom line price for a trammel grass castle =350m reserve

who wants this awesome castle!!!

icq 267 208 357

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Selling fresh placed Trammel castle on grass just side of Brit 3 ways healer x-ro

start? so what about end date?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Selling fresh placed Trammel castle on grass just side of Brit 3 ways healer x-ro

shall we say auction ends next saturday evening (1 week from today)....exactly at 21,00....uk time, nice comfortable time for europa...trade to do after this time if possible.

further rules..

Auction starts at 1m but i do have a reserve of 350m

In the unlikely event that the reserve is not met...The ''highest bidder'' will recieve a buyout offer from me depending on the 'offer price' to 'reserve price' difference,

Payment is made first before the trade of the castle via buying a set number of runes from my vendor...that is, if it say sells for 400m exactly then the purchaser buys 4 runes for 100m each form the vendor ...nice and easy trade with nobody carrying large amounts of gold.. the purchaser can have several witnesses if they need trust, although i think most people on europa can vouch for my service over tha last 11 years ive played.

OR the purchaser can use a broker who i must be comfortable with and they will pay for that service!

U

UOFree

:postpics:

its there are a few Castles in that area :D

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

the house name kinda gives it away??

i dont do pics but if anyone out there does feel free to shoot

u can pick a rune up outside luna gate ot luna and brit banks

K

King Frankie

I sell a brand new car but you will only know its name i will not tell the color nor if it smells of cat, dogs or pigs. Trust me its new. :thumbup1:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Nice unblocked front but castle right up against it on west side spoils it :(

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I could not be too fussy really....

because when i found this huge empty grass land, i was ever so happy when the castle placed inside it, on the 3rd time/attempt !! i think the frontage is a nicer issue to whats at the side?? maybe the new owner will drop it and place a keep instead of a castle so theres more room at the side????!!!!

T

Trevelyan

If it is an auction system, you surely start low and let people bid up? Plus if you just found this nice space, even 1 million would be 200k more than you paid and you'd be in profit.

Of course, nobody would let it go for that price. Which is why you start low (like say.. 25 million) and watch people bid it up.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Hiya trev.... i like the romance of a 1m castle start ..okies let try but with a low reserve!!

But its never gonna sell for that amount because the market on europa.

Castles in tram very rarely hit the market and when they do they are normally well over my start figure??

Hey ive had several silly offers already including 2 keeps fir swop and gold offers of 30m to 50m???? they are trammel keep prices...which while both bewildered me , but made me smile tooooooo.

Its hard to get the most out of something u have for sale once.

The last castle i sold for a ''fixed'' amount.... u can bet at least 3 people said they would have paid more after the sale.....which leaves u kicking yourself.

Hell u guys/gals can bid from 1m but the ''reserve'' is bottom line tram grass castle 350m...if u want a little romance.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Selling fresh placed Trammel castle on grass near Brit 3 ways healer x-roads 1m S

A good point as been raised....

some people dont use these boards, so i will take bids on either these boards or on the house sign at the castle.

I wont take bids via pm or icq beacuse folks can i say i made them up!! lol...so only visable bets on either this board or on the castle notice boards will be accepted...

good luck!!!

CURRENT HIGH BID 60m by Lydia.[castle notice board].

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: Selling fresh placed Trammel castle on grass near Brit 3 ways healer x-roads 1m S

Current high bid, 200mil by me, placed on Castle notice board.

Elf.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

200m by elfin...highest bidder and warming things up...

M

Marvin

I'd be very surprised if this finished on anything less than 400m. I got very lucky and placed one a few years back, only a few screens south of this one, and found a desperate buyer for 600m. I think that was the very top end that a castle would sell for though!

Goodluck with the auction... I would bid with it being this low, but I've had my Castle, I can die happy now :thumbup:

Marvin.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

ditto.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Basically 3 days left to the minute....thats only 72 hours to bid and maybe ''live the dream'' of owning a nice grass castle in trammel.

The current best bid is only 200m, it will not sell for this figure! but if this is the highest bid and heavens forbid..... because he/she is the highest bidder they will get offered an exclusive ''buyout price'' somewere 'weighted' between my reserve and the bid that wins.

So good luck...72 hours left exactly !!!

who wants to join the castle club!!!!!!!

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

48 hours left...

seriously is every waiting to bid last minute OR as europa died

If last minute bids are recieved on either the castle notice board or this forum then the auction will be extended per 15 minutes per late bid....as seems the usual way to deal with this last minute [ebay style of bidding].... ive seen this format used many times on the rares forum auctions.

but the end time is officailly 21,00 saturday night -uk time, i may or may not be around due to real life but definate trade on sunday will take place if offers are accepted for this dream castle.

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

More like UO is tending to be like real life where the housing market atm is down in the dumps. Combine that with a pretty low population on the shards results in less interest. I would be interested but I placed my castle when trammel came into being rolleyes:, not to far from yours. Good luck on the sale.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The housing market down in the dumps for Castles ?? what is there?????? 40 castles tops per shard makes em pretty hard to get still and very desirable.....

have u noticed event /rare prices have rockected? this mainly due to low gold prices and the fact gold is so easy to make with the events knowadays so uo players have millions more gold than they ever had in the past,

Oh well ......well lets see what happens on saturday evening ??

I am certainly in no rush to sell this castle, so i wont be giving it away for sure, but will sell to a reasonable bid/offer....basically the account as closed since i placed it ,,,thus will need to be reopened sometime within the next 90 days for sale/refresh purposes.

come on live the dream!!! who wants this trammel grass castle.

LeBaiton

New Player Protector
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'm not really sure where you've been the last couple of years, me personally I was stuck on playing WoW for around 2 years before returning again, but a lot has changed...

I see you writing posts with a barrage of exclamation marks and questions marks, so maybe no one has let you in on the secret yet: there aren't as many people playing as there were a couple of years back, which means prices have changed and demand has changed aswell...

There's also been a total of 40% storage upgrade these last couple of years, plus I think a lot of people just stopped packratting everything, for example: crafters don't really bother with runic sewing kits anymore due to imbuing, thus less tailor bods are collected, thus less storage space is needed...

Don't tell anyone I told you things have changed though...

*paranoid*

They're watching!

*twitches and runs off cackling*

Seriously, if you expect "old time" offers in the current day and age, I think you're just being nostalgic :)

Riply

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

The housing market down in the dumps for Castles ?? what is there?????? 40 castles tops per shard makes em pretty hard to get still and very desirable.....

have u noticed event /rare prices have rockected? this mainly due to low gold prices and the fact gold is so easy to make with the events knowadays so uo players have millions more gold than they ever had in the past,

Oh well ......well lets see what happens on saturday evening ??

I am certainly in no rush to sell this castle, so i wont be giving it away for sure, but will sell to a reasonable bid/offer....basically the account as closed since i placed it ,,,thus will need to be reopened sometime within the next 90 days for sale/refresh purposes.

come on live the dream!!! who wants this trammel grass castle.
Believe me I wish there was more activity on the shards, but its a combination of things. New games like the new online starcraft, of course WOW etc etc. I actually played Warhammer and WOW for a bit because other family members and freinds who left UO were playing those games. I played for a few months because I was getting bored of UO and needed a change. The problem with those games were I was playing them for to many hours out of my real life day, so I had to put a stop to it. I still really enjoy UO but have the ability to pick it up or put it down at any time I want and play as long as I want. I don't have to meet large groups of people in the other games and feel obligated to play for three hours. On UO I can play for 30 minutes and do something else.

As far as players paying many hundreds of millions of gold pieces for a rare item, I can see where this can make you feel like a castle must be worth xxxx amount of gold pieces. Would make sence to me as well, but some of the biggest rare collectors in the game ala Manitcore etc., display thier museums in one or two 18x18's instead of a castle. The reason being they can design thier houses the way they want and if need be tear it down and try a differant style latter on. These players could certainly afford several castles if they wanted them. If they ever decide to allow keeps and castles to be modified like all the new housing then the prices of them would sky rocket. Plus if they were to reduce the amount of shards from what we have now to down to like 10 total then the prices would increase as well. But that will in my opinion will never happen, they may eliminate the few shards that are down to a very low population.

All come's down to supply and demand really, I think half the houses on Europa currently are not even being used. Those players are playing other games and just holding thier accounts open with the thoughts of maybe playing at a latter time. I know a number of players that are doing this atm. If you can't sell it at your price, I would just keep it and enjoy it, and hope the markets in the game for housing comes back latter on. The worst that could happen is you have a nice new castle to enjoy, and maybe display your rares that you have collected. :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

mMMMmmmmm the last tram castle for sale on our shard sold for 550m about 5 months ago?? thats hardly old school!!! old school castles sold for +1 billion and thats when gold was worth something??? ala gold is worthless today

i aint worried the castle aint gonna be given away.. ive got well over 90 days to decide what to do.. the account is closed and i will need to reopen it anyway be it tomorow or in 90 days time to refresh it

All depends who wants to live the dream???

Current high bid is 200m still ?? .. the reserve is at a low end 350... if the auction did end this way then elfin being the highest bidder will get offered a price buyout somewere weighted between my figure of 350 and his bid of 200.

If someone else want that exclusive offer then they better bid higher than 200 to gain that right....im guessing a lot of last minute bargain hunters. LOL

M

mandosa-nice

1B on Atl yes, my two last tram castle i sold go for 500 ice and 400m trinsic, and i buy a tram near minoc in the best place for 300m just a few month ago.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I wish people would bid if they are going to bid, I hate it when people leave it till the last min so they think they are going to get a bargain by bidding 1mil over the last price offered. If your going to bid, do it now so we can have a little excitement in this auction :p

Elf.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

1B on Atl yes, my two last tram castle i sold go for 500 ice and 400m trinsic, and i buy a tram near minoc in the best place for 300m just a few month ago.
The 2 sales u got were about right price and the one u bought was a bloody bargain and u damn well know that or u would not have bought it!!! LOL

I HAVE DEF SEEN PRICES DIP ESPECAILLY FOR KEEPS...hell i could not even sell a fellucca keep for 5m only 2 weeks ago and actually dropped it....and advertised the free keep space on these very boards so someone could grab a freebie keep....Castles have always been a different ball game because there is only a very small number of around 40-50 per shard.....

In last 4 years or so not including over 30 keeps ....ive placed and sold 4 castles.. this will be the fifth i have fir sale.....two in felluca sold for 200m each (which for fellucca is ''ok'' price) the two in trammel sold for 450m and 500m...

All my 4 castles were sold for a ''fixed price''....ie..tram castle for sale 450m and fellucca ice castle for sale 200m.

In all 4 sales.... when the castle was sold i had a few people saying they would have paid more for that castle and plz sell them the next one??

Hence this time i try a auction style....yes with a reserve!! but that reserve is low ball....and yet nobody bids ...well maybe till last minute... its just to stop the people after sayimhg they would have paid more... because this time they can pay more...its upto each player who wants a dream castle to make sure there the highest bidder at the end.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Exactly 12 hours to go till end of auction = our uk time 21.00 ...this forum board time will be 01.00 pm .

Bids must be on here or on the castle house sign

I will not be around at the end of auction..iam at work.

Earlyest i can trade will be sunday uk time 09.00 or failing that 22,00 sunday evening....again due to weekend real work shifts.

Any last minute bids will prolong the auction 15 minutes per bid to allow others to rebid and stop the ebay style last minute rush!!!!

other rules of payment above

if the reserve is ''not'' met the highest bidder will still receive a buy now offer, that i will decide, depending on the difference between bid and the reserve .

the castle is on the grassy plains south of the healer x roads in trammel

runes all over luna to the same.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

last bump back to the top b4 i go to work.....
:sad3:

R

Rentokil

250m

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

275mil, atlast a serius bidder :p

Elf.

R

Rentokil

300m

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

btw, if you win Rentokil, you have me as a next door but 1 neighbour, so think wisely :p

R

Rentokil

You Win.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

lol *waits for bid at 14mins past*

Elf.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Missus will be happy, now she can move out of that Fel Keep lol

Elf :)

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

just back from work..... checked castle sign and yes elffin is the winner at 350m...

cu on sunday for the trade