• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Selling a House?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:) Catskills trade board. Hold on, I'll move the thread for you.

Arc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Old OSI house in Luna on the corner, east side, right before the gate. Not sure if I'm going to sell just yet tbh.

Last edited:

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Old OSI house in Luna on the corner, east side, right before the gate. Not sure if I'm going to sell just yet tbh.

Houses in Luna are going to be obsolete anyways as soon as the global vendors' search engine will be published. Especially, if they are going to implement one of the ideas which would allow the character searching for vendors anywhere in the world to be automatically teleported to the House of choice. Sosaria will just be a global Luna which means that any House in the current Luna Town will be of no better usefullness than any other House in the middle of nowhere. Which was about time this happened. The sooner this change will come into place, IMHO, the better....

Last edited:

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Houses in Luna are going to be obsolete anyways as soon as the global vendors' search engine will be published. Especially, if they are going to implement one of the ideas which would allow the character searching for vendors anywhere in the world to be automatically teleported to the House of choice. Sosaria will just be a global Luna which means that any House in the current Luna Town will be of no better usefullness than any other House in the middle of nowhere. Which was about time this happened. The sooner this change will come into place, IMHO, the better....
For someone doesn't like it when people "ruin" your sales threads you sure are quick to jump on the bandwagon when someone else sells something you don't think is "worth it"

Luna houses will always be great. Proximity to city services (tailor/smith/mage shops) and moongate and banking services will always make Luna houses desirable.

Arc

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well i'm not sure if I am selling yet, but he is right in that the value may decrease, but he is wrong in that they will be worthless. I was just wondering if this was the place to sell. :)

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Yep. You might also try the general trade forum. There's often people from multiple shards willing to purchase in Luna.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For someone doesn't like it when people "ruin" your sales threads you sure are quick to jump on the bandwagon when someone else sells something you don't think is "worth it"

Luna houses will always be great. Proximity to city services (tailor/smith/mage shops) and moongate and banking services will always make Luna houses desirable.

If you note the post I was replying to, it said the sale was being reconsidered.
Luna Houses, being in town like Magincia, by the way, will always be capable of offering something more, like you said, just will no longer be able to have items priced too high because of the competition with the rest of the vendors elsewhere. This small advantage, as I see it, does not any longer justify the prices I have seen Luna Houses selling in the past for several hundreds millions of gold.

The global search engine will be a very very good addition to UO, way long past due, IMHO, as it will fight inflation which has been affecting Ultima Online for too long now.

Last edited: