• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seeking Suggestions

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hail Folks,

I am seeking suggestions for best ways to display my collection of Roses (AoS, Whispering, etc).

I have between 200 and 250 of em and wish to display them in a Castle.

Thx for all input.

Cadsuane Sedai

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put up the vines and raise roses throughout them.

also i use the old potted plants, the ones without blooms.
I put a rose on it it looks like a potted rose. <---- Those being my prize roses
(like my wispering rose from The Town Watch)

BajaElladan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My greatest challenge may also come in where to place them. Scattered throughout the Castle as opposed to all in one area such as the Roof. Alas, historically my Roof has been used for a Replica of my Beloved Trinsic.

*walks off to ponder*

N

Ni-

Well, the ultimate decision is yours. A couple options might be: lining all the wall crests with roses if you really want to spread them all out, or you could design a 'romantic sitting area' with roses everywhere(using all kinds of plants and topping them with roses with elven benches for sitting(the main castle roof may be a good location because of the size and open air)).

Hmm, this just came to mind...
Rose Hedges: on a hedge scatter vibrant red yarn balls along up the side of the hedge then top it off with a wispering rose. I haven't tried that, but it might be worth trying to see how it turns out. Hey, if it doesn't look good, the fire me! I can find another job! :pancakes:

weins201

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would use vines and hedges then place the rose throuout to create a rose hedge

Or even a Roof Top Rose Hedge Maze

Humm just gave myself a nice idea thanks.

:pint:

Kri

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here are 3 that I have on display...

The first is just on a simple vase made via glassblowing.

The second is on one of the old potted plants like Cadsuane Sedai mentioned.

The third (my personal favorite) is on top of a dirt pile (from Oaks) on top of a kettle.

Attachments

SchezwanBeefy

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I put up the vines and raise roses throughout them.

also i use the old potted plants, the ones without blooms.
I put a rose on it it looks like a potted rose. <---- Those being my prize roses
(like my wispering rose from The Town Watch)
Can you screenshot this so I can see? =] I'd like to see what your's looked like.