• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seed pods 'an all

C

cheerful

From what I've heard up and coming plans are:

1. Find Mericles tutors - worth a try but not holding my breath on this one.

2. Move seed pod - As Mericle's diary says, humans can't reap them but orcs can, so unless we can convince/trick/catch red handed an orc to do this for us...

3. Spy on Mericles - can do but the mask's fool the orcs lets not get complacent thinking they will also fool Mericles.

4. Blow up mine - unless Mericles is in the mine at the time I dont see the threat negated only postponed. Although orcs are amassing there and no doubt creating a stock of weapons we have repelled invasions in the past and they are a known quantity, I'd prefer to concentrate on the unknown, the seed pods.

5. Question the royal alchemist - if he's a traitor then he's not going to tell us and if he has been set up he may question the king and look where that got Nathan.

Observations :The tunnels in the secret cave are blocked by stacks of hay.
There is a flour making machine in the cave.
Question :Are the two connected or is the fact that luminscent fungi is sitting next to the machine mean that the fungi is simply being ground down to form the dark liquid.
If 'flour' is a clue then that suggests the seed pods could be something that the orcs ingest (bread).

In any event I would rather find a way around the stacks (blow up?) to continue further down the tunnels.

I'll leave the royal decree to more knowledgable people to discuss.

T

thelust6

Also Sunday night in brit castle - King Casca made announcements in an abrupt speech; royal tax 1000gp for all (possibly to fund the peacekeeping force in the North he mentioned) also that Captain Nathan would be replaced by another Captain who will show himself shortly alas *sniff* I like Nathans char; Nathan will be stay with us though (yay!) (investigation into Casca may have gone awry) x

C

cheerful

I missed this week's events... Where's Mericles's secret cave?
In the orc mines where we talked to the orc gardener before (3rd level, more or less opposite where you enter. Password is - bubhosh mojo goth.

Make sure you wear a mask before you go, an army is amassing there now.

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flame sat thinking on what Casca had said, she thought to herself that how the news was going to be taken depended on how people felt about Casca.

To send peace keeping forces into the republic lands and stop them attacking Loyalist towns would seem a good idea. Having a census made and a 1000gp tax levied on everyone should finance this and more, so nearby towns would not feel the burden of feeding etc such a force.
To replace Nathan Hawke as the Captain of the Guard also seemed unreasable as Hawks position was only a temporary one from the start, Casca had informed everyone of that. So all in all it would seem that Casca was not overstepping his position of King.

Unless of course he was not the legitimate King, then the picture looked allot different. Flame considered a few things about Casca and his rise to power. It was only Casca and Avery that were captured by the Council murder assassins, one a captive one a traitor. Casca held Avery captive so no one was able to interview him, but the investigation pointed to Avery being the innocent party. Flame sighed how much longer before the evidence would be looked at once more, she was growing more and more impatient to disclose what she had been shown.
Then there was the death of Clainin, his location revealed, some say by scurrying but what if it was a traitor. The only people to know was Nathan, Casca and the Paladins that guarded him. Once again Cascas name appeared in the list Flame thought.
And recently a potion was given to the Royal alchemist for analyst. The findings were inaccurate, the traitor was still at large and had meddled with it. Flame noted down the names of those that had had contact with the potion, The Royal Alchemist, Nathan and Casca. Once more Casca was in the list.

If Casca was the traitor what was the link between the 3 incidents and what light could it put on present things. Melissa the servant of Nosfentor the Shadow Lord was involved with the castle murders. It was also Melissa that lead the attack on Clainin. Flames eyes opened wide as she remembered that it was Nosfentor that opened the gate into the void to rescue Dorian. They all linked to both Casca and the Shadow Lords. If that is the case Cascas proclamation could be seen in a totally different light.

A peacekeeping force that was being gathered not to secure the boarders but to attack those not under Cascas control would cause more division and serve the Shadow Lords purpose. This excuse can legitimise a vast army being gathered that could be turned in any direction by Casca. A 1000gp tax is a vast amount of money to the general peasants and could increase lawlessness and disorder too. Knowledge is power, to what use could a census be put too.

Sherry the mouse had said watch Casca closely and when the time was right there was Lords and Lady's capable of leading, Flame felt that time coming quickly.

C

cheerful

*Dust's off cloak and awaits the call*.

I'm not a politician but all i see is the beginnings of a wedge being hammered into Sosaria.

The appointment of the new commander should be interesting.

C

cheerful

Nathan's cloak found abandoned at the 'peace keeping' crossroads.

Hannah's non attendance at a meeting on Wednesday night and not seen since.

Royal alchemist under guard in Umbra on Tuesday and not seen since.

Anything else happening re: event that i've missed?

S

Seasseragh

That piece of rope was there long before, he might still be there, magically hidden (or something).

Flame (DrR)

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
my hope is that Nathan has moved him, seeing as he got us to fetch him in the first place. I think Hannah should of told him of where we left him.

I

Irvyn

Hannah came on the Ilshenar expedition run by Van Cocidius today. She seems fine but said she hadn't seen Nathan for a week.

We found bloody footprints at the Justice moongate

and followed them into Mistas where we were attacked by a large number of brigands and executioners.

The footprints led into a building where we found the following document:

Diury by One Eyed Pete

So da boss has fixed him up a little and says he has plans for this long haired do gooder.

I sayh just kill him and dump tha body but e aint listening.
Says e has plans or summat like that.

E wants us to stay here and make sure none of em snoopers come lookin fer im.

I dun really care as long as me an the boys is gettin coin outta it.

Its been pretty quiet ere so far apart from a few rumbles with em Juka.

Well its gettin late and da boss has left now and taken pinkie boy with him.

Put a spell on im or summat.

I still reckon we shud ransom im or just dump im in a cold dark well.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is also a new diary/update in the former office of Jordan Jurrel which amongst other things implies Casca or someone is hunting Nathan.