• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Seed Box Bug?

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
I have a vet reward seed box that has been working fine for years. Now suddenly half of the options are broken. I can't shift seeds left or right, or insert them in front of or behind other seeds. I can only add new ones to the back of the box or pull seeds out. What's wrong with my seed box and is there a fix?

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did you click the seed packet to bring up the menu? I just tested and it's working fine for me.

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Did you click the seed packet to bring up the menu? I just tested and it's working fine for me.
It's not ALL seed boxes, just mine. My husband's works just like mine used to. The menu items are still there, but the little icon next to them that makes them work have disappeared on half the options. When I click on the text itself, I get nothing.

Attachments

JohnnyO

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not ALL seed boxes, just mine. My husband's works just like mine used to. The menu items are still there, but the little icon next to them that makes them work have disappeared on half the options. When I click on the text itself, I get nothing.
Maybe empty it and give to your husband have him give it back. See if it resets or something.

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Maybe empty it and give to your husband have him give it back. See if it resets or something.
Maybe as a last resort! There are an awful lot of seeds in there, all neatly organized into colors/categories. If I dump them all out I'll have a real mess if it doesn't reset my box. I did give it to him once and had him lock it down at his place. Unfortunately it behaved the same way for him. I was wondering if anyone else with seed boxes has seen this issue before. And if it's a known bug, is there a fix (or no fix yet)? Since this is a coveted vet reward, I'd hate to get another one just to have the same thing happen again. I've already reported the problem to UO...twice...with no response. Kind of frustrated since I use my box a lot.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Yeah paging a GM seems to be your best bet.

I have 3 seed boxes and they all work normally, others have said theirs are working as intended.

Seems to be just yours, so a GM has to come and look at it.

Morganne

Adventurer
Governor
Well, I called a GM yesterday and he took a look at it. Agreed it is broken, but he had no idea how to fix it. His only suggestion was to fill out a bug report which I already did a while ago. Thanks to everyone for trying. I guess I'm just stuck with a bad box for the time being.

Luc of Legends

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Email Bonnie "Mesanna" Armstrong the UO Producer at : mesanna@broadsword.com.

I can't give you a timeframe on an answer but she might be the only one that can fix it.

Since she micro-manages her team to the point they almost have to get permission to go to the bathroom.