• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"Secret" champion spawn???

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, ok, ok...I know I'm slow to find stuff out but cut me some slack. I mean...there are like a million and a half things to do and discover in UO. And just when I do meet someone that thinks they know all there is to know about UO I find that there is something that "they" don't know. Anyways, I was browsing stratics the other day and found a champion spawn that I had never hear of. Maybe some of you have? If it does exist then its the first champion spawn that I know of that does NOT use a platform with skulls and candles. According to stratics its called: Meraktus the Tormented

There are conflicting details on the site...first I see stratics refering to Meraktus as a female ("rules <u>her</u> people" - quoted from stratics) then I see Meraktus referd to as a male ("<u>his</u> body is covered with..." -quoted from straics) . Stratics also refers to a monster I've never seen in UO called a "chimaera" I have seen a phoenix there named "Pyre" but I have never seen a drake there.
I have also never seen a female minotaur there either...

Can anyone confirm if this champion spawn exists? And if so, does it involve killing multiple Rends and Miasma?...Not to mention Reptalons.

G

BoB...Anne, Gildar and I and the Friday night crew went in and tried to run this spawn last year sometime.....we killed and slaughtered spawn like crazy...wav after wav...we heard sounds that led us to believe we were advancing the spawn but never really got anywhere.

I am not sure if it was tried again...perhaps Anne or Gildar can comment further...this is stretching my memory as it is!

TW

G

I know it's been completed at least once. Nothing special happened at the end and there were no rewards (other than monster loot). At least no one came forward and said "lookit what I got"

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh my...OH MY this is MOST interesting. So...your telling me...that to the best of your knowledge there IS a champ spawn here! Amazing!

Timberwolf...in your battle, can you remember killing rends, maisma and reptalons? Flutter...can you remember the title it may have given you (advisary of the vermin rat hord ect...) when you did it?

This is the most amazing thing I've heard of in a LONG time. Did you just waltz in the "front area" and start killing minitaurs to begin the spawn?

Can either of you tell me about how many people you attempted this with? 4? 6? 10? more?

This may be the first "thing" in all of Ultima Online that I know of where no-one seems to have a lead on. I'm excited. I am. Please......any feeback is appriceated.

-typo knig

G

we went in with 25 plus and we killed everything...rends..reps..Mins..we left miasma alone and she left us be....you have to go pretty deep inside then you start getting msges about advancing the spawn

I

imported_Farsight

The labyrinth definitely holds a champion spawn.

The area of the spawn, so far as I can figure out is everything that's past Pyre, so Rend, the Reptalons, Miasma and Pyre are not included in the champion.

It takes a boat load of people a long time to get to the champions, and the spawn never changes, it's always various minotaur until the end.

At the end, you'll be faced with 4 tormented minotaur, who cast an earthquake like spell which, when combined with the other 3 casting the same spell, will kill most of the people around, so if you do attempt it, have someone stay away from the center of the action to offer ressurects.

After the tormented minotaur, you'll fight Merkatus him (or her)self. After that, you'll just be glad it's over, you'll have something to brag about (don't forget your screen shots) and you'll get no loot to speak of apart from what you got from killing thousands of minotaur.

As a reference to someone who has done it (but I wish we had more screen shots) I give you... Europa stratics members killing the "other" champions

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

BoB...Anne, Gildar and I and the Friday night crew went in and tried to run this spawn last year sometime.....we killed and slaughtered spawn like crazy...wav after wav...we heard sounds that led us to believe we were advancing the spawn but never really got anywhere.

I am not sure if it was tried again...perhaps Anne or Gildar can comment further...this is stretching my memory as it is!

TW

[/ QUOTE ]It's been done on a few shards - nothing notable has come of them so far.
The champ spawn region is by the curve on the far east side of the dungeon.

We failed mostly due to poor organization, I think - lots of people were wandering too far away from the champion spawn region, focused fighting efforts on the nearby Drakes and Reptalons that weren't part of the spawn, etc.

G

<blockquote><hr>

We failed mostly due to poor organization, I think - lots of people were wandering too far away from the champion spawn region, focused fighting efforts on the nearby Drakes and Reptalons that weren't part of the spawn, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anne's Friday night hunts poorly Organized??? most friday nights it was a wonder we all got to the same spot....and back out without calling rescue 911!
LOL ...oh but those were some fun times!

TW

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Anne's Friday night hunts poorly Organized??? most friday nights it was a wonder we all got to the same spot....and back out without calling rescue 911!
LOL ...oh but those were some fun times!

TW

[/ QUOTE ]Hehe

The organization issue this time was mostly due to none of us actually knowing where the Champ Spawn was, let alone how to know what stage we were on.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have experienced a lot of the cool things in UO. There are still a LOT of things I'd love to experience. But I think I just stumbled on my next great goal. And from what "you" (Timberwolf, Gildar, Farsight and Flutter) are telling me this won't be easy! I should hope to get at least 25 good pvm-ers to help? Hmmm, I believe that would mean about 3 groups? I am not setting an exact date yet. But when I do, I hope that anyone reading this will come to the call of defeating the spawn. One trick I used when going after "The Sleeping Dragon" champion spawn was to go ahead of the battle about 15 minutes prior and leave candles and lanterns leading to the exact spot of spawn. That way all attending would know when they were in the right area.

Just a "show of hands" if you are reading this would you be willing to attend if I set a date for the shard? And if so, what day would be best for you? Friday night? Saturday night? Sunday night? I'll be sure to let a few days pass before setting a date for the event. But I know this..."we" will need as many people as we can get.

Please, start passing the word around...amongst your friends, guilds and even alliances. This may prove to be very interesting, and fun.

G

There's also a boss air elemental called a "Tempest" you can stir up sometimes (not too terribly hard) and a boss drake named "Grim" in the labrynth.
*goes searching for pics*

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter.......Thank you a million for the pics and info. So far, from your information you have gathered...it seems that Grim is the strongest of the 3 "named". At least he has the most hp by far.

Thank you so much for the feedback. Do you happen to know if Pyre happens to be involved with the champion spawn?

G

Naw you want to lead Pyre away from everything. He and Rend only cause to tear things up for ya LOL

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Thank you so much for the feedback. Do you happen to know if Pyre happens to be involved with the champion spawn?

[/ QUOTE ]None of the named creatures are involved with the Champion spawn - you want to get all of them away from that area if at all possible.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you Flutter, and Gildar.

There is in works a large event in plan. Quite possibly the largest of all player run events in Catskills.

I hope any reading this will keep an eye on Stratics for more updates. This is gonna be huge. HUGE.