• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Search for the Girl cont.

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bob Captain of the Guard meet with the Royal Guard tonight with news:

The Queen received news from her husband and left the Castle in a hurry. I do not know what’s wrong, or even if there is anything wrong. We hope to hear from her soon.

In the mean time I have a task for you to do. We need to find the girl the Daemons were after. Thankfully the Feluccian Branch of the Royal Guard were able to impress the Daemon Guard so will no longer involve themselves in this matter.

Here is your task:
Find the girl and as much information as you can about her.

OOC: You have two objectives for this task. First find the girl and secondly based on the information you discover decide if the Guard should help her... or not.

Deciding whether or not to help her will determine the direction of the storyline.

You have until next week to finish your investigation.

You are looking for npc's called oracles. Their names will be yellow, they do not move, and they will reply when you speak with them.

Oracles use key words. Such as 'Hail' 'hi' 'hello'. When they hear the key word they will respond.

I have 7 oracles in 5 different tram towns. Oh! And one near Luna.
3 oracles are guards or fighters
1 fortune teller
1 shop owner (will be inside the shop)
1 tavern owners (will be inside the tavern)
1 is the girl
1 is a surprise

If you'd like to post your findings, please do!

Hera75

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One guard in Minoc One guard in Moonglow.. the guards don't have much to say just that a girl was found in the mines the other says he can't speak of it.

Pat the tavern owner is located in Unicorn Horn Tavern in Brit. Pat states that he wasn't needing help so he sent the girl to find work in vesper for his cousin.

Jenny the spinning wheel owner at Vesper Tailor hired Mary but Mary was gone at the time and has been residing at the Ironwood inn..

Mary is at the Inn... Now if only mary would talk to me and quit just smiling sweetly...

As for the rest I still haven't found, but I haven't looked much...

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The guard in Minoc talks about the girl being found in the mines. If you go to the mines there is another miner Oracle that talks about seeing her come out of a hole in the mine looking terrified. If you go inside the mine there is a hole in the ground that gives you a message about being to scared to enter it.

Parnoc

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Aaron the Guard in Minoc also says: Yes, the miners found a girl in one of the mines. The miners sent her to the healers but she headed for the moongate instead. I went to help her but she hissed at me and made it quite clear I was to stay away. Yup, so I stayed away. Don't know what happened to her.
Mary the girl says: ,
hail, - oh hello, *smiles sweetly*
help, - you will? *looks hopeful*
daemons, - *looks terrified* are they here?
here, - please don't let them take me back *cries*
back, - i was their prisoner, but i escaped, *continues to cry*
why, - *sobs* i don't know why i was their prisoner
Tom the Miner at Minoc mines says:
hail, - you're one of the royal guard aren't you
yes, - *nods* haven't seen any daemons lately guess they found that girl
girl, - we think we saw her, she came out of the main mine, looked terrible
terrible, - very pale, wouldn't speak or look at us, backed away from us. we sent her to healer
healer, - that's where we sent her

Ansatsu_MoFo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like the fortune teller in Luna Fairgrounds (Lilly) has the most information.. When you talk to her she looks into her crystal ball and says the Mary is EVIL and that she should be given to the Daemons..

So it sounds like we will have a choice to make.. Help the evil one... Or toss her to the Daemons!

EM Sangria

UO Event Moderator
UO Event Moderator
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
helpful hint: How did Mary 'look' or appear to the person you were talking to?

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Tom says Mary looked very pale, and there is a new "bloodless corpse" near the minoc gate. Is she a vampire?

Ansatsu_MoFo

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ooo good call Merus.. I went back to a two Oracles in Minoc and both seem to emphasize pale when you say "looked".. And to link it to all the bloodless corpses is a good idea..

SHES A VAMPIRE!! KILL IT!! ITS EVIL!

A

Ashyn

Has anyone gotten anything out of:

Joy [Skara Brae Guard] or Thorin [Moonglow Fighter]?

This is all I have for now, just seems like something is missing:

Lilly [Luna Fortune Teller] stares into her crystal ball and sees evil, and advices to give the girl to the daemons when she is found, but cannot see her location as it is “clouded.”

Tom [Minoc Miner] said [the girl] came out of the main mine, there’s a deep hole there now and none will go near it. The girl came out of the mine, very pale, wouldn’t speak or look at them so they sent her to the healers (that’s where they sent her).

Aaron [Minoc Guard] confirmed that the miners sent her to the healers, but she headed to the Moongate instead. He said she didn’t look right. She looked pale. He tried to help her, but she hissed at him, making it clear he should stay away.

Thorin [Moonglow Fighter] Sorry, can’t help

Joy [Skara Brae Guard] sorry, can’t help

Pat [Britain Tavern Owner] said [the girl] went to the tavern looking for work (a few days ago). She was very dirty but acted “perfectly fine” and was “very sweet”. Tom didn’t have work so he sent Mary [The girl] to his cousin, Jenny [Tailor Shop], for work.

Jenny [Tailor Shop] hired [The Girl] and claims she stays at the local Inn.

Mary [The Girl] smiles sweetly and stays at the Ironwood Inn, she said that the daemons held her prisoner, doesn’t know why, but she escaped (and doesn’t want to talk about it). She begs to not let them take her back and asks for help.