• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Ships] Sea Pilot

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
SeaPilot

This is a simple boat tool for I wrote for either the Classic or enhanced client.

A picture is show below and the file is zipped. If you can run UOCartographer
you should have no problems running SeaPilot,

The program only sends text to the client so the UO people should not be concerned.

Please report back any problems.

The enhanced client version is posted in the enhanced client forum.

The link below is for the standard client version only.

Download it here ---> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/21830660/SeaPilot For CC.zip

Attachments

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think it is definately a useful app. for CC and I really liked its "Always on Top" feature. Its main icon looks pretty good, maybe you can also make good graphics for the buttons instead of using Wingdings symbols (maybe the EC graphics for boat directions).

I only have one thing to ask: I had to run the program as administrator to make it work for CC, which is a little problematic since I dont have the source code and thus I cant be sure if the program is safe to use. Since UO Pro applications are no longer accepted (UO Pro page says they havent checked the UO Pro programs' source codes anyways), how can we be sure that it is safe to use?

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll vouch for TheDrAJ's as being a man of integrity and having the best interesst of UO players and the game of UO as whole in mind.

I've known him for some time now.

I use his Crystal Porter. I would use the Sea Pilot but the EC Client has a few of these features available within the hotbars with the exception of slow forward and one forward. Those are pretty nice additions.

TheDrAJ's Crystal Porter is a nice tool as well for anyone who hasn't had a chance to check it out.

I'm interested to see what TheDrAJ comes up with next.:thumbup:

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I think it is definately a useful app. for CC and I really liked its "Always on Top" feature. Its main icon looks pretty good, maybe you can also make good graphics for the buttons instead of using Wingdings symbols (maybe the EC graphics for boat directions).

I only have one thing to ask: I had to run the program as administrator to make it work for CC, which is a little problematic since I dont have the source code and thus I cant be sure if the program is safe to use. Since UO Pro applications are no longer accepted (UO Pro page says they havent checked the UO Pro programs' source codes anyways), how can we be sure that it is safe to use?
You must be using windows 7 or vista, since I use XP I never encounter that.

But any software you download you should always scan for viruses and malware (i check anything I download with malwarebytes and my virus checker). The only assurance i can really give you is thatthe program is copyright and has my real name on the About section.

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So why would I use your copy of this UORudder found here UOSS UORudder Boat Utilty for Ulitma Online We know it works and is safe.
I think UO Rudder is a great program and I used it a lot over the years. I made my program SeaPilot for the people who run the enhanced client since uorudder does not run on that client. I just thought I would share a version that works with the classic client.

Other Benefits of SeaPilot

1) SeaPilot is stand alone and does not require a setup.
2) SeaPilot only has 1 file and does not require its own folder
3) SeaPilot is a lot faster to use
4) SeaPilot has Easier to use radio and push buttons
etc

Any problems Email me at [email protected]

TheDrAJ

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Good unpolite reply. So the answer is "nothing" I suppose. People may make up their own mind about.

-Anira-
If you had waited a few secs while i was getting the link you might not have been so sarcastic. Sorry

Anira Cuilwen

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No offense but maybe it's just because that your tool does nothing what the client can't do by it's own.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No offense but maybe it's just because that your tool does nothing what the client can't do by it's own.
Actually, his program allows you to move the boat in one-step increments through clicks (by choosing the "one" option), which is something the client would currently require you to type out the full commands for over and over (or use control q), or have pre-set macros for. UORudder also has this functionality (and frankly, that functionality is probably the primary reason people would want to use either program, as most of the other functions are already programmed as macros for the keypad in the classic client).

And, it is "its own" (no apostrophe). :scholar:

Currently, UORudder is known to be safe, but using Sea Pilot is "at the user's risk" - much as UOCartographer. Both aren't doing anything (according to their description) that is prohibited - it's just a matter of making sure that such programs don't (or suddenly start doing) stuff they aren't supposed to do later on.

What it does on the surface makes it appear to be a UORudder for the EC, but it will take some examination to make sure that it is fully safe (word has it someone official will look at it, but not as anything resembling a medium priority - it may be weeks, months or never that we actually hear anything back).