• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scroll Wheel bug and Group health bars

J

[JD]

In Main Menu, User Settings, Input, the SCROLL WHEEL UP repeatedly loses what I set it at. I'm trying to keep it at "Cursor target current", however if I log the character out, the command resets to something else like "Zoom In"... hugely annoying

When I group, the group's health bars "snap" to the left screen and can't be moved anywhere. I have a hotbar up the left side of my screen and this is also hugely annoying as it covers several of my icons

Is this an enhanced client issue or an issue with copper_enhanced?

thanks

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure what is happening with your mouse wheel. I use up/down for target next enemy/last enemy and it stays.

Party bars is issue with copper_enhanced since the last publish. It has been somewhat corrected in Stone_Enhanced already, and will be fixed in C_E from what I hear.
I just drag a new healthbar off of the person. Once I let go, it locks it down.

J

[JD]

do you use legacy targeting hilde? i'm not using legacy in the EC and this is happening. thanks

O

Old Man of UO

do you use legacy targeting hilde? i'm not using legacy in the EC and this is happening. thanks
I'm not using Legacy Targeting and am having no problems with losing settings.

Have you checked the properties on your file folder where your user data is stored? When I had Vista, I got a corrupted user account control and it locked that file folder and would not allow me to save changes. It's a remote chance that happened to you, but possible.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not using anything legacy... all unchecked.
As Old Man is getting at... maybe you can save your profiles (make copies) and then log in so that there's no macro's stored, etc, and try again. You never know... might be something corrupt.

O

Old Man of UO

Also, you can manually set the mouse options in the character file and save that. You should have something like these lines ( I use target next/last enemy on the mouse wheel):

<MouseOptions>
<MouseScrollWheelUp action="Target Last Enemy" />
<MouseScrollWheelDown action="Target Next Enemy" />
</MouseOptions>

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I will be updating Copper Enhanced this weekend as well as doing some coding cleanup/revamps in both Stone and Copper so that I'm making sure I'm using the most up to date XML versions for the two packages.

J

[JD]

Hi, still having trouble, I can make macro changes to anything and it saves.

However for whatever reason it won't let me save changes to my scroll up mouse wheel to Cursor Target Current. Every time I make a change and then log a character out to another character, any changes I've made are lost when I log that character back in.

Would that still be a corrupt file... even though only this one thing is effected?

O

Old Man of UO

Hi, still having trouble, I can make macro changes to anything and it saves.

However for whatever reason it won't let me save changes to my scroll up mouse wheel to Cursor Target Current. Every time I make a change and then log a character out to another character, any changes I've made are lost when I log that character back in.

Would that still be a corrupt file... even though only this one thing is effected?
Have you patched up today? If so, probably not a corrupt file.

Have you tried to manually edit the character file to add in the mouse wheel settings?

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
JD, you're right! I got the same problem. I try to set scroll down as Cursor Target Current, and it goes back to Zoom Out whenever I exit out of the game. If I merely log out and back in, then the setting stays there. It defaults back to Zoom Out if I exit (which is the Enhanced Default).

It must be EC. I'm patched up too. Happens with and without any skins.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If I remember correctly, Cursor Target macros were added later on in that mouse wheel list. Perhaps the devs forgot to enable saving of these settings.

Has anyone else tried these steps to see?

O

Old Man of UO

If I remember correctly, Cursor Target macros were added later on in that mouse wheel list. Perhaps the devs forgot to enable saving of these settings.

Has anyone else tried these steps to see?
I just tried it on a character that I had not changed the default mouse wheel setting, changed it to Target Next Enemy, Target Last Enemy... logged out and it saved and reloaded just fine.

BTW, Are you logging out when you exit the game? Settings don't save until you log out.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Problem is with "Cursor Target Current". It won't save this one. Works fine with Target last Enemy & Target Next enemy (which is what I use). But when testing out Cursor Target Current, it won't save.

You would have to exit completely, and then go back in, and it will revert to Zoom Out.

O

Old Man of UO

Problem is with "Cursor Target Current". It won't save this one. Works fine with Target last Enemy & Target Next enemy (which is what I use). But when testing out Cursor Target Current, it won't save.

You would have to exit completely, and then go back in, and it will revert to Zoom Out.
Got it... it's only a problem with the "Cursor Target Current". I just verified and I get the same thing.

O

Old Man of UO

Okay, checked a couple things. It's not saving the variable correctly for the mouse scroll wheel. This is what it saves in the file.

<MouseOptions>
<MouseScrollWheelUp action="Cursor Target Curre" />
<MouseScrollWheelDown action="Cursor Target Curre" />
</MouseOptions>

Notice, that it doesn't say Current, but is truncated, so the client doesn't recognize it. If you look in the key bindings, it is represented as "Cursor_Target_ Current" with underscores for spaces. Setting this manually for the mousewheel setting and saving the file doesn't work either, but gets replaced. If I write protect the file, to prevent the change it still reverts to Zoom In and Zoom Out. So, the Cursor Target Current isn't being recognized for the mouse.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Users of UOAssist use this Cursor Target Current and when moving to EC, they really would want this feature. In PVP, it's an advanced way to fight.

O

Old Man of UO

Is it possible to set the mouse wheel to something other then the given options?

Lore's Player
Maybe... depending on your mouse, it may already have a utility that lets you remap the function to a 3rd/4th or 5th key. Mine has 40 different functions that I can choose from, but UO doesn't recognize most of them. If you can find one that UO will recognize, or find an independent mouse utility program that will remap it for you, then it's possible.