• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Scroll of Valiant Commendation - no gains

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I ate a Commendation scroll about 2 hrs ago .. on a char with 255 stats.

I have 720 skills - I have tried locking all skills and using a str skill like arms lore I have tried unlocking just the arms lore skill, I have 1.1 in a random skill that I unlocked and I used that, had it down and arms lore up.

I have tried herding I have 0.0
I have tried bushido I have 115
I have tried fencing, wrestling, swords ....

Im obviously doing something wrong, but it seems the same as I have done over the past week juggling my stats about ... on a number of chars ... the only diff is the Commendation scroll to 260 from 255 stats.

Pix

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Finally after 3 hrs of macroing stats skills .... it started moving then it flew almost went too far .... odd all the movement happened in 15 min.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I ate a Commendation scroll about 2 hrs ago .. on a char with 255 stats.

I have 720 skills - I have tried locking all skills and using a str skill like arms lore I have tried unlocking just the arms lore skill, I have 1.1 in a random skill that I unlocked and I used that, had it down and arms lore up.

I have tried herding I have 0.0
I have tried bushido I have 115
I have tried fencing, wrestling, swords ....

Im obviously doing something wrong, but it seems the same as I have done over the past week juggling my stats about ... on a number of chars ... the only diff is the Commendation scroll to 260 from 255 stats.
The way now to raise stats is to set those skills you are already capped at UP... As you are "supposed" to gain you will get the opportunity instead to gain stats... So if you have 120 skills set them to raise and do what you normally would do to raise them.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
For Strength - stone off a random skill and just build up lumberjacking. Hack away at a try for 30 mins (making sure you dump the logs because they're heavy) and just go from tree to tree. You can max out Strength quickly in this fashion. Then stone off / drop the lumberjacking and put on the skill you originally had.

Intel moves quick just by running around and using mana and letting Focus and Med raise.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The way now to raise stats is to set those skills you are already capped at UP... As you are "supposed" to gain you will get the opportunity instead to gain stats... So if you have 120 skills set them to raise and do what you normally would do to raise them.
It works with any skill if you are skill capped or on individual skills that are capped. Every skill has a primary and secondary stat. Pick a skill that has the primary stat that you want to work and set it to raise while everything else is locked... then work that skill. You do NOT need to actually gain in that skill for the stats to change. If you are stat capped, be sure to set one of the other stats to drop.

Stats - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
You don't have to stone anything..... seriously ... just set to raise any skill that's at cap and work it like normal... that's seriously all you need to do.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya i ate like 50 of those scrolls.
if your toon is capped like mentioned above all you need do is lock everything then set one skill up and work it.
again, like mentioned above every skill has a primary stat it toggles.
so for instance, when i need to bump up my stats i use arms lore for STR, i use music for DEX and i use med and or focus for INT.
i use those because no mana cost, no consumable cost and easy to do.

its been like above for years upon years too, its not like this is a new thing.
kinda surprised to hear some people stoning skills off and holding their tongues to the left while jumping on one foot wearing flipflops.