• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Scam buyer - Paypal name

R

RenaLynne

How long has it been since your payment? I'm guessing you didnt know this char in game? Really sucks man...

Z

zolo8

My post has been removed as UO Stratics staff dont suppport people advising fellow gamers about Scammers.

Oh well - PM me if you need info on this chap.

UO STRATICS - Home of the gold scammer!!!!!!

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah people warned about him on the old boards, those posts were removed too:( You're not allowed to tell anyone when you're scammed by someone:(

I understand the reasoning, just wish there was some way people could be warned, so theydidn't have to go through this crap.

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My post has been removed as UO Stratics staff dont suppport people advising fellow gamers about Scammers.

Oh well - PM me if you need info on this chap.

UO STRATICS - Home of the gold scammer!!!!!!

Believe me, I understand anyone's plight that has been scammed for I have been taken advantage of in the past as well.

The reason we cannot allow named accusations is because with all the technology in this day and age, things that people post on our Forums like Chat Logs, Screen Shots, Videos, and their accounts of what happened can all be easily faked (I know, I am a Graphic Editor).

There is no way for us to feasibly prove or disprove anyone's claim of such foul play on another. If we were to allow unproven (By the Real World's Courts of Law) accusations on our forums, we would not only be allowing slander to be done (not saying anyone here is slandering, just proving a point), as well, we would be opening the forums to be filled with so much Strife and Tyranny that it would be disgusting. The forums would be rifle with true and false accusations, the false ones would be rampant as it is apparent that more people like to "bring others down" instead of speaking the truth. Sad, but true these days. :(

So, instead, users may make "Scammer" warnings, they just may not go into too much detail so it cannot be easily repeated by someone reading the warning. As well, names must be omitted from such warnings, as naming any users or players would be an accusation. Instead, offer to "give more details" to those who Private Message or E-Mail you (or some other form of communication besides posts in the forum).

Hope that makes sense! If not, drop us a line at [email protected] and one of us will try to explain better.

My apologies and my thanks for all your understanding and cooperation.

*Orvago bows*

A

angry_alter_boy

Believe me, I understand anyone's plight that has been scammed for I have been taken advantage of in the past as well.

The reason we cannot allow named accusations is because with all the technology in this day and age, things that people post on our Forums like Chat Logs, Screen Shots, Videos, and their accounts of what happened can all be easily faked (I know, I am a Graphic Editor).

There is no way for us to feasibly prove or disprove anyone's claim of such foul play on another. If we were to allow unproven (By the Real World's Courts of Law) accusations on our forums, we would not only be allowing slander to be done (not saying anyone here is slandering, just proving a point), as well, we would be opening the forums to be filled with so much Strife and Tyranny that it would be disgusting. The forums would be rifle with true and false accusations, the false ones would be rampant as it is apparent that more people like to "bring others down" instead of speaking the truth. Sad, but true these days. :(

So, instead, users may make "Scammer" warnings, they just may not go into too much detail so it cannot be easily repeated by someone reading the warning. As well, names must be omitted from such warnings, as naming any users or players would be an accusation. Instead, offer to "give more details" to those who Private Message or E-Mail you (or some other form of communication besides posts in the forum).

Hope that makes sense! If not, drop us a line at [email protected] and one of us will try to explain better.

My apologies and my thanks for all your understanding and cooperation.

*Orvago bows*

and in the mean time said scammer continues to fleece folks

J

jelinidas

There needs to be a rating system as in Ebay. You (I) can generally tell in the first 30 seconds if I wish to do business with them. Just food for thought for the Stratics Gods.