• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saw Mills

• Thread starter Warlord Zsinj
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
W

Warlord Zsinj

When will we get a house add on that we can really use like saw mills?
where we can make boards from large amounts of logs at one time.
Right now I have about 600,000 logs in my bank and I can only convert 274 logs into boards at a time.
It is so time consuming if we cant get some sort of house add on can we at least be able to convert a pile of logs from the floor the same way we can smelt a large pile of ore while mining from the ground?
I think its a very fair request, and something more useful then lets say a mouse hole

Thank you
Warlord Zsinj

Silly Seadog

Sage
It's My Birthday
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Arrrr, 'tis something what should be crafted usin' carpentry & tinkering'!

S

Sindris

This has been said before and I agree, its tedious and time consuming. And while we're on the subject of resources, how about eliminating smelting failure for ALL ore once you reach 100 mining? No other rescource has a failure rate and loss of resources associated with it.

And how about fixing it so Ore Elementals don't just vanish when you dig them up on a boat. I was told that was fixed, but its not.

Val-Tur

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes to saw mills. Since the "every resource has to be in backpack to use" nerf way back, collecting and converting some mass resources is very tedious and time consuming.

A house add on would be great. That way you have to physically go to your house to convert. This would be a nice convenience to legit players.

M

Mr Fix It

Right now I have about 600,000 logs in my bank and I can only convert 274 logs into boards at a time.
It is so time consuming if we cant get some sort of house add on can we at least be able to convert a pile of logs from the floor the same way we can smelt a large pile of ore while mining from the ground?
I think its a very fair request, and something more useful then lets say a mouse hole

Thank you
Warlord Zsinj
Great Idea

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe they can make the mouse hole cut wood ? LOL

It is VERY annoying with different wood types that we have to cut the logs into wood per wood type per skill level .............instead of just hitting one tool to *cut wood* all wood whichever logs are in our pack atm can easily or should have more easily been programed to CUT INTO BOARDS no matter the types of em and let em fall cut into their own code color wood stack but nooo instead we get carp. tunnel ..to cut wood, oak, ash, on up to frostwood if or when we find it even. Would be nice if they just let us *cut wood* and have em all land in their appropriate matched color coded piles oak logs land in oak wood and ash in ash..but let us just hit *cut wood* and have em all become boards..maybe a *sawmill can do this* or..........not !

It is a bit less of a hassle to cut piles of hides since there are only 4 types, but wood holy moly...........click click click spend all day just having to hit the wood types per wood chopped per logs fallin randomly into our pack..be so much nicer if they saved our wrists and made one menu option *CUT WOOD* so every log got cut into their respective matchin wood pile in our backpack *or home saw mill* cuz even if they give us a saw mill ...if we have to hit the saw 8 times or per wood type......we may get to cut MORE logs but it still will be forcing us to click menu option cut wood only per *wood type*over and over and over again till our wrists buckle ! hrmm

L

Lord Drakelord

Thank you
Warlord Zsinj
would be nice if they did something to the flour mill to add something to it to make a saw mill

L

Lore Master

Thank you
Warlord Zsinj
i love this idea i have over 500 thousand normal wood logs so i can definately use this. most of it was giveing to me from a friend who quit.

C

Connor_Graham

Why the hell don't you guys turn the logs into boards as you get them?

L

Lore Master

Why the hell don't you guys turn the logs into boards as you get them?
my friend just quit recently and he hauled them to my house i helped him of course. but the spring clean up thing was going on when this was happening and it is still going on now so i am focusing most of my time to get as many points as i can in the mean time. once the clean up ends ill work on converting them into boards little by little. i plan on donateing alot of them. i can sure use that Commodity deed box now but i need to wait until december or january to recieve my yearly rewards.

C

Connor_Graham

Uh....ok. That would beg the question of "why not?" as raising lumberjacking and carpentry go hand in hand since the materials are free. Or at least why the regular logs weren't converted.

C

Connor_Graham

Some people are only resource gatherers.
Yeah, but you don't have to have any carpentry skill to turn normal logs into boards. Just a tool. Efficiency wise, you'd be recalling a hell of a lot less by turning the logs into boards so you can stay out in the forest longer.

W

Warlord Zsinj

Yes I also have around 200k of colored logs that my Ljer cant convert so I have to put in the Bank then deed it to give to my carpenter the convert the rest