• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Saved desktop problem

• Thread starter black rain09
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
B

black rain09

I have two chars with same name and the desktop isn't saving properly. I have no idea how I used to make this work. I haven't played in a few years but I know it used to :confused:

Any ideas?

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Bit of a thread hijack, but on a similar note, I am trying to copy my macros.txt file across to another character (Save me setting up endless Spell Hotkey combinations) and it doesn't seem to pick up on the new character? Worked before for me >_< This character is on a different Shard, but I am navigating to the correct folder and copy/pasting accordingly...

To the OP, I have two characters called Izzy, first one I made has a Folder with the identical name, and the new character is under a folder called "Izzy2", each with there own customised files.

The only ways I know to force a Desktop save though, is logging out (and exiting the client?), or assigning the Save Desktop to a hotkey. The latter should definately work - when it does, you get displayed in the bottom right corner, "Desktop Saved.", confirming it's success.

If you're already trying one of the two and it's not working... then I'm at a loss -_-

B

black rain09

I deleted the folder and made two new ones...one with the 2 after the name. Both are empty now but still saving the desktop of the last one I use. So it wont save either now or separate the chars. Yikes

Are you UOassist? I don't have it on computer but I can probably still get my seed. Maybe that is it.

B

BartofCats

First, you will have to go set up your desktop for the Namechar1 and then exit.

Go to your desktop folder and make a new folder in there for Namecharxx.
Copy Namechar1 to Namecharxx.
This will give you a "backup" of your desktop to use over and over again.

Then before you log in... you can just copy over the contents into the char. name folder for use. you can do this with both chars and just rewrite the folder before logging in.

its a pain that the game cant tell the difference between this char and that char except by the name, but hey, maybe we can hope that this changes at some point.