• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] SAVE STRATICS - Please donate ASAP.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
NEWS - BREAKING NEWS: We can bring Stratics home, but we need your help NOW! | Stratics

For those of you who may not have seen the latest news, the moderators are attempting to fast track their fundraising efforts in order to buy Stratics.

I know many people in the trade forums don't necessarily follow the day to day non-sense in Uhall, but for those of you who legitimately use these forums, I would implore you to please open up your bank box and make a donation today.

Any amount will help. Whether it's $1, $5, $25, or more. This bring ownership of this site back to people who actually play the game, rather than end up in the portfolio of another website investor who has no true vested interest in Ultima Online.

There are several Q&A threads and other information posted in UHall. And I am sure any one who has any questions can post here too.

Anyone who uses this forum on a regular basis to buy and sell your in-game rares and has a passion for the game - please seriously consider making a donation. Every dollar really does help. Share with friends and let's get this wrapped up!

Here's the donation page:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stratics-com-because-we-ve-all-been-there#/

Merry Christmas to all Trade Forum folks!

Vancho

Visitor
Listen if you want to run your little donation page, good for you, but to post this crap all over the forums and traders hall? keep it in one area, it doesn't belong here.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Listen if you want to run your little donation page, good for you, but to post this crap all over the forums and traders hall? keep it in one area, it doesn't belong here.
It's about the website being for sale. Therefore it can be posted on any forum on the website since it is at least a little bit related to every single forum.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Not everyone comes to UHall, where the majority of the Stratics auction discussion has gone on. There are plenty of people who only come to the trading forums. There's only a few days left. This is a relevant post in every forum.

Vancho

Visitor
It's about the website being for sale. Therefore it can be posted on any forum on the website since it is at least a little bit related to every single forum.
So if I want to buy stratics, I can start asking for donations here or what? C'mon it is a little ridiculous , not everyone supports your cause, can you accept that?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So if I want to buy stratics, I can start asking for donations here or what? C'mon it is a little ridiculous , not everyone supports your cause, can you accept that?
We have the current owners approval to do it. If you want approval to start your own fundraiser and post about it, ask the owner and if the owner says yes, by all means go for it :)

We understand that not everyone supports us, but if they don't want to read the posts they don't have to. It is only for a few more days either way.

Vancho

Visitor
and that is why I will never support you guys, this is the traders hall, I have no issue with you posting it in uhall, but to plaster it every where, spam it in game, it gets annoying.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
and that is why I will never support you guys, this is the traders hall, I have no issue with you posting it in uhall, but to plaster it every where, spam it in game, it gets annoying.
1. The person spamming in game is not a Stratics Staff member but has every right to advertise it if they want to.

2. Merlin who started this thread is not a Stratics Staff member but has every right to advertise it if he wants to.

3. If we do not win, there might not even be a Traders Hall next week. A new owner could completely delete the trade forums if they wanted to.

Like I said, The owner has given his permission for it to be advertised on the website. If you don't want to support us, that's perfectly fine but we have full permission to post these type of threads anywhere on the site for the reason that I mentioned in the first post.

Vancho

Visitor
1. The person spamming in game is not a Stratics Staff member.

2. Merlin who started this thread is not a Stratics Staff member.

3. If we do not win, there might not even be a Traders Hall next week. A new owner could completely delete the trade forums if they wanted to.

Like I said, The owner has given his permission for it to be advertised on the website. If you don't want to support us, that's perfectly fine but we have full permission to post these type of threads anywhere on the site for the reason that I mentioned in the first post.
1. You encouraged it
2. Ok?
3. The same could be said for you guys
And the right place to advertise and talk about it would be uhall.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
1. You encouraged it
2. Ok?
Yes, of course I am happy to encourage a nice person who wants to help save Stratics.

I can personally guarantee that the trade forums will not be deleted if we win. As you can see, my title says "Trade Forum Administrator". I consider the trade forums my "home" on Stratics since this is where I started as a moderator, so I would never support them being removed.

Again, the owner has said it is ok to be posted, and It affects every forum on the site which means the right place for it is anywhere on the website not just Uhall

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Yes, of course I am happy to encourage a nice person who wants to help save Stratics.

I can personally guarantee that the trade forums will not be deleted if we win. As you can see, my title says "Trade Forum Administrator". I consider the trade forums my "home" on Stratics since this is where I started as a moderator, so I would never support them being removed.

Again, the owner has said it is ok to be posted, and It affects every forum on the site which means the right place for it is anywhere on the website not just Uhall
Capt, you know I'd support loads and loads if only the proposed structure could be completed.

Yet, since it would not be in the current teams expectations, then my heart goes with you. Not my wallet. Sorry.

Merlin

The Enchanter
Professional
Governor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
1. You encouraged it
2. Ok?
My first post was short, courteous and to the point. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Can you accept the fact that people do support their cause and want to state it publicly? Do you understand my previous response that not everyone visits UHall and posting in more than one forum gives the fundraising campaign a little more visibility?

Also, no one encouraged me to do this. I did it on my own volition because I believe the moderators' efforts to buy the site are the best option to keeping things as is. I've bumped heads with the moderators on more than one occasion, however, that doesn't prevent me from voicing my opinion in support of their campaign.

No one is preventing you from starting your own campaign.

A bit odd the two of your first four posts are to complain about the moderators' fund raising efforts...

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran

Hey captain! I wanted to totally save stratics and to reinvent it in a manner favorable to both Trammies and PvPers alike. Something more balanced, and I won't even meddle! I can veto so that my money doesn't go to waste, you can veto, so that I don't do stupid things and you can veto for and on behalf of other admins, but veto power is on you, not them.

How come you didn't encourage me? Tears.......

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
We thank you for your sincere feedback. We're sorry if you don't support the effort, but we can professionally and politely accept that some people do not.

That being said, a common-sense suggestion:
Perhaps your goal would be better accomplished by simply ignoring the thread, rather than repeatedly bumping it with continued protests about the OP's sincere desire TO support the campaign? o_O

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
[Dec 23, 2015] Save Stratics Stream-A-Thon (Internet) | Stratics

@Kirthag will be giving away a $55 gift card if we can get to $7,000. Currently at $6,972. Just $28 more bucks to go!
Is not a gift-card per se, but a prepaid membership to Costco.... and it is being given to the person who bumped the amount to $7k while I was creating the post that had us stuck.

There is nothing to say that some party or another will or will not destroy Stratics, and the rather active trade boards. HOWEVER - if the current staff are successful in raising the funds and outbidding others to win the auction for the site - then we have a BETTER CHANCE of keeping things as they are, or even improving on them. It will give the power back to people who actually _care_ about the site and its operations, not someone looking to monetize or RMT the site.

Just don't forget, this is not just about forums.... it is about the content side as well and all the archived information, guides, articles and data that has been fed into Stratics by over more than 500 people spanning over 18 years in many games, not just UO.

People can read, or ignore. That is up to them. pancakes about it just shows how much of an arse a person can be.

I'll be streaming again tomorrow... 3pm to 9pm HST (at minimum) with more games, more dying at the hands of the AI or other players, and more giveaways from my PERSONAL STASH.

oh.. and happy holidays!

Vancho

Visitor
We thank you for your sincere feedback. We're sorry if you don't support the effort, but we can professionally and politely accept that some people do not.

That being said, a common-sense suggestion:
Perhaps your goal would be better accomplished by simply ignoring the thread, rather than repeatedly bumping it with continued protests about the OP's sincere desire TO support the campaign? o_O
Why would I ignore it? then I wouldn't receive snide comments from you and Norrington, you are the ones doing more harm than good. :hula:

Vancho

Visitor
My first post was short, courteous and to the point. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it. Can you accept the fact that people do support their cause and want to state it publicly? Do you understand my previous response that not everyone visits UHall and posting in more than one forum gives the fundraising campaign a little more visibility?

Also, no one encouraged me to do this. I did it on my own volition because I believe the moderators' efforts to buy the site are the best option to keeping things as is. I've bumped heads with the moderators on more than one occasion, however, that doesn't prevent me from voicing my opinion in support of their campaign.

No one is preventing you from starting your own campaign.

A bit odd the two of your first four posts are to complain about the moderators' fund raising efforts...
I can accept it, that is why I said I don't mind it being in Uhall. Not everyone visits Traders hall, does that mean I have to repost every where? The Moderators could delete all Ultima online threads, it is not worth the risk.

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
We are now at $7,116 -- 68% funded! Wooot!

Thanks to our AMAZING community -- we are both heartened and humbled by your contributions, and all the other amazing SUPPORT you continue to demonstrate in so many ways.

Only 31% more to go...just a few thousand dollars. If we hit our goal, the staff will be able to make up the difference to secure the site using the owner's BIN price that has been offered. Let's finish this thing off before Christmas and get back to our families and the game!

Happy Holidays to you all, and many more to come -- from the Stratics staff

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
We are now at $7,116 -- 68% funded! Wooot!

Thanks to our AMAZING community -- we are both heartened and humbled by your contributions, and all the other amazing SUPPORT you continue to demonstrate in so many ways.

Only 31% more to go...just a few thousand dollars. If we hit our goal, the staff will be able to make up the difference to secure the site using the owner's BIN price that has been offered. Let's finish this thing off before Christmas and get back to our families and the game!

Happy Holidays to you all, and many more to come -- from the Stratics staff

I propose I'll make up the rest but I want a stake in it, so I'll be your relatively biggest shareholder in stratics, if that's acceptable to the team?

I don't meddle with site, y'all can do whatever, but I have voice and veto power. How's that?

If yes, I'll make up the ending sum.

:)

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU CAPTAIN and other admins.

It's time to recognize the importance of the PvP community. You'll need balance of the force and the dark side =)

btw, star wars force awakens SUCK! Wasted 2 hours of my time.