• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

NEWS Save Stratics Campaign Discussion Thread

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED

Please visit our Indiegogo Campaign

All of you are asked, to view the campaign, contribute or share the campaign with all of your guild mates and friends.

While we need all the financial contributions we can get, we recognize and appreciate that not everyone can make a financial contribution. Fortunately, you can show your support in another way too! Please feel free to adopt the signature and/or avatar included in this post. Remember to add a link to the IndieGoGo campaign site under the signature.

Also please feel free to use them elsewhere on the internet and spread the word about the campaign. Every little bit helps. Thank you so much for your support!

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Raises from his seat by the fire and with the resounding tap of his staff gathers the attention of the taverns main hall *

Thank You all for your hard work on this.

What I like is that this campaign is it is focused on total community participation. A lot of campaign like this focus on just the cash side and as a result set their entry fees to help out at $50 or more.

You can literally get involved for $1
This is your chance to participate at your best level or gift.

We really are a community here at Stratics and have been for 18+ years now. The history, articles, friendships, etc are way to valuable to just let slip into a revenue generating focused individual.

I encourage each of you to join with me in support of this teams venture at what ever level your best one time gift is

Will their be bumps in the road as they move forward? Sure but I believe that their hearts and minds are in the right place and their efforts will be mighty.

*raises his glass of Good Old Moonglow Red in Salute with a flourish and drinks it to its dregs then heads for the door and onward to the next Tavern*

Last edited:

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I HAVE A COMPLAINT!

My super awesome PvP screenshot did not end up in the cool video!

*storms off muttering "darn trammies"*

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I support this.

I've had plenty of people asking me - I feel it is better to join into a single, concerted effort and win, rather than a splintered effort and we all lose.

My knowledge, skill & tech is available. The "New Stratics Board" knows how to get a hold of me.

ttfn

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I support this.

I've had plenty of people asking me - I feel it is better to join into a single, concerted effort and win, rather than a splintered effort and we all lose.

My knowledge, skill & tech is available. The "New Stratics Board" knows how to get a hold of me.

ttfn
Stratics wouldn't be Stratics without the history, guides, love, time, and support you and others like you have devoted. I can't think of many people as passionate, intelligent, and devoted as you are. This game and community needs more people like you.

However, Let me catch you doing a fel champ spawn, and I'll still kill you... :lick:

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Stratics wouldn't be Stratics without the history, guides, love, time, and support you and others like you have devoted. I can't think of many people as passionate, intelligent, and devoted as you are. This game and community needs more people like you.

However, Let me catch you doing a fel champ spawn, and I'll still kill you... :lick:
I can, a few hundred... every single person named on this page:
http://puka.stratics.com/about-stratics/

altho... it needs to be updated....

must eats now...

Elenni

Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
No mention of Legends of Kesmai? Seriously? I was rocking a mage there years before UO.
Look closer...I'm pretty sure there is a screen capture of Legends on one of the video frames early on. I think it's part of the collage. (I know I remember looking for a screen capture of it, but we were all pretty tired at the end heh)

EDIT: Well darn it...Just went and checked and I guess we DID miss that one. Consider it noted for version 2.0, coming soon to a campaign near you!

Last edited:

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
And there's the latest: 10 hours, 10 backers, raised 15% of the funds.

What an awesome start! We're just starting to get the social media wheels turning, with some help from some amazing folks. But realistically we need your help to keep the momentum going. Statistically speaking, once the first couple days are done, the buzz and urgency wears down...so we need you to PLEASE keep sharing, posting and tweeting! Comment on the campaign webpage. And send us your ideas too...we know we haven't thought of everything.

If we keep the same momentum over the next 3 days we''ll be over our funding goal. THREE DAYS...that's an incredible thought. It's an achievable goal. We can do this!

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I can, a few hundred... every single person named on this page:
http://puka.stratics.com/about-stratics/

altho... it needs to be updated....

must eats now...
that is a horrible list.

myself and 3 other mods i know arnt even on that list.
80% of the people on that list ive never even heard of... most of those must be reporters.

quickest way i know to piss off people that gave valuable time for years is to forget their contribution.
better to not have a list then have a half ass'd one.

Masuri

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Massively has given UO more coverage and more consistent coverage over the past few years than any other popular MMO site. Y'all should give 'em a read every once in a while, they're good people. :)
Thank you! We cover UO more than a lot of MMOs partly because I still love UO and still read here when I am actively playing (I remember UOSS!). I hope you guys have a successful campaign and are able to save Stratics. It's liberating and humbling when your readers and community make it happen after you get screwed over. :)

-Bree

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Look closer...I'm pretty sure there is a screen capture of Legends on one of the video frames early on. I think it's part of the collage. (I know I remember looking for a screen capture of it, but we were all pretty tired at the end heh)

EDIT: Well darn it...Just went and checked and I guess we DID miss that one. Consider it noted for version 2.0, coming soon to a campaign near you!
Good enough :)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Yeah, it definitely does. I'm not on it :) I've been a reporter, moderator, news manager and trade admin in the past for stratics.
Yes -- as Zuck said, we've just been recently talking about an Alumni page/update on the active site, once we can breathe again. o_O

The good news is that if you have an Alumni banner it's one of the first things we'll check for when we are looking for who is missing from the current list. (We is smart that way!)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Guys get a link to the indiegogo donation page on the YouTube video or the description!! After watching the video there is NO link anywhere to send people to donate.
Yeah, thanks...we caught it too. After, of course.

Added to the list for Video version 2... (and still looking for awesome videographers who are interested in helping us spiff it up hehe)

CrazyJoe

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't call this home, more like the trap house!

I had to look over the numbers and what not, and refraining from giving my thoughts on this whole endevour, simply because I lack the time to professionally and eloquently retype what I typed so many years ago to Den Dragon and Joshua Rowan on what was needed for the site to push on.

So ya, I'll leave it with Good Luck!

double edit :

Jesus, if Stratics was my baby it would be old enough to teach to drive.

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*Swings open the door to the familiar old tavern and heads over to his usual table by the fire. The buzz of the room has a sort of excited feel to it*

*waves his old friend the Tavern Keeper over*

"I'll have some of that Good Old Moonglow Red . What the buzz all about?"

*Tavern Keeper motions to the Lonely Vampirish looking lass by the window*

"See her over by the window she just became a Master her name is FrejaSP Queen of the Dark Outlaws"

*Tavern Keeper nods to one that you know as an old friend*

"Your old friend Clops there became Legendary today"

*with an appreciative nod to both Nabin waves FrejaSP and Clops over to his table by the fire.*

"Good Tavern Keeper these are my quests this evening bring them their choice of your stores, even my humble supply of Good Old Moonglow Red."

*Hands his old friend the Tavern Keeper a tidy sack of Gold.*

"Friends I thank you both. Investing in our community is one of the greatest gifts which you can give to it"

*The Mistral seeing the tavern had returned to its conversations struck up a song called stones.*

Last edited:

Lord Nabin

Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
*taking an ember from the fire Nabin lights his pipe and after a few minutes looks casually around at his old and longtime friends in the common room*

I wonder what other Masters, Grand masters, and Legendary people I shall meet this day

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Tired and dispirited from a rough day at PvP, Mercutio slowly trudged from corpse to corpse in hopes of finding a few scattered reagents so he could Recall back to his keep for the night...
I meet one Mercutio early on Siege, but not sure if that was you.

You see: Mercutio
Mercutio: hmmm? :/
Freja: :)
Mercutio: Freja your a bad girl
Freja: you are safe here
Mercutio: hehe
Mercutio: Det ved jeg :)

Elenni

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
I meet one Mercutio early on Siege, but not sure if that was you.

You see: Mercutio
Mercutio: hmmm? :/
Freja: :)
Mercutio: Freja your a bad girl
Freja: you are safe here
Mercutio: hehe
Mercutio: Det ved jeg :)

haha...not me, no. Just loved the screenshot and couldn't resist coming up with a caption.

I was thinking it might be fun to add some captions to some of the other photos that have been submitted on the Good Times thread -- maybe a screenie/screen cap of the day posted on the campaign's media gallery? Could be hysterical and give folks a reason to stop by the campaign page each day to see what's new...if we could get folks to suggest the captions, maybe?

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wonder what other Masters, Grand masters, and Legendary people I shall meet this day
Thank you too Mi Lord and to our other Lord and Master, I see a few Apprentices, an Expert and a Newbie. I can't see them clear, not a lot of light in here, but will love to see a lot of them too.

Last edited:

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wouldn't call this home, more like the trap house!

I had to look over the numbers and what not, and refraining from giving my thoughts on this whole endevour, simply because I lack the time to professionally and eloquently retype what I typed so many years ago to Den Dragon and Joshua Rowan on what was needed for the site to push on.

So ya, I'll leave it with Good Luck!

double edit :

Jesus, if Stratics was my baby it would be old enough to teach to drive.
Ohh my gehrd. Is that Stratics Legend CrazyJoe?

Riyana

Operations
Administrator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Event Coordinator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
WOW! We are almost 1/4 of our way to our goal already! Thank you so much to everyone who has pledged and/or supported us! Every little bit helps. If you can't donate, then spread the word!

Remember that all of the money for this endeavor goes right back to the site--but if we don't reach the goal, then we get nothing from the campaign and can't even bid, and all the money is returned. If we reach or even get more than the goal, it will ALL go back to the community in the form of site upkeep and improvements.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
:love:CrazyJoe!

Now if can get Pele in here I'll swoon!

(yes, the celtic barbarian can swoon)