• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) Sauce for the Goose?.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Quite recently the governors heavily criticized our Monarch for negotiations with the Raven King who is merely another sentient being, however, it would seem that these same governors feel free to conduct secret negotiations with the Gargoyles - an alien race no less. Now it will undoubtably be argued that these negotiations are for the good of the realm and/or the people. Which forms an argument that the King,s dialogue with the raven was not, otherwise why object to it?. In fact it was for the good of the realm so it seems to me the position of the Governors is 'Do as we say not as we do'.

We are in a state of peace with the Gargoyles and I am not advocating any change in that condition. We may freely visit their city with no fear and trade within it. But they ARE an alien race we must be careful as we have no insight into their motivations and reasoning.

So in summation, it is NOT alright for the King to talk to a raven but fine for the Governors to negotiate with a Gargoyle Ambassador.
Interesting to note then that whilst travelling in Sosaria I have on occasion been attacked by one of these 'peaceable' Gargoyles but have NEVER been attacked by a raven.